vRS Twin exhaust for diesel.

J8mbo

I just don't like the fact that they didn't put one there.

It won't make any vital difference apart from being unique and symmetrical.

I'm happy to spend the money achieving that with genuine parts.

Wouldn't the petrol vRS backbox, etc fit, since the rears of petrol & diesel are the same? Or does a diesel need a differant type of backbox.

Editted: Just not thinking today. The pipe diameter on diesels is usual different.

Edited by spitzie

I'm not sure about the diameters as they aren't listed.

The illustrations show the pipes routed differently. And pr codes are unclear as they show different codes for 2 diesel engines with same kw engine.

Once printed off it'll become clearer.

If you double the number of exhaust pipes, won't you also double the back pressure?  In turn, this would have a negative effect on the performance of the vehicle and in turn invalidate warranty.  Surely?  

I'd say, save your money.  Apart from a minor cosmetic difference, I don't see an upside to what you're suggesting, personally.

You will appreciate it in the winter when the exhaust plume in your rear mirror and the car behind you at the lights can see the twin exhaust working !

Imagine sitting behind a car with what looks like twin exhausts but gas only coming out one side of them ! :(

And I know how satisfying a twin set up looks on a cold morning especially when giving it the beans from the lights in the mirror as I had a V6 CDTi previously.

I don't think anybody will really notice to be honest. Most people sitting in queues on a winter morning will just be half asleep listening to radio 3 or something, I bet they won't even think about the fact only 1 exhaust plume is coming from the TDI.

Also, sounds expensive.

• Like 2

In an ideal world I would like two pipes for two bits of trim but does it really matter?

I don't think it does, as I just plan on looking where I'm going most of the time, rather than where I've been and if I'm stuck sitting in traffic I don't think I'll really care what the guy behind me thinks.

Also I think that if Skoda had made a different rear bumper for the TDI or had to set the engine up completely different to the rest of the VAG range to accommodate an extra exhaust pipe, I don't think I'd be getting the TDI for peanuts more than the petrol. So on that note I'm happy enough with Skoda's decision on this one.

Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody will really notice to be honest. Most people sitting in queues on a winter morning will just be half asleep listening to radio 3 or something, I bet they won't even think about the fact only 1 exhaust plume is coming from the TDI.

Also, sounds expensive.

There are a lot of people that like cars out on the road, they most certainly will notice. 'Mummy' with the kids may not pay attention but when you are stuck behind a petrol Vrs I bet you will !

Twin exhausts only one smoking in the winter will bug you, I guarantee it. Also it is a massive give away between variants now, previously you never really knew but now if I was in a petrol and old oil burner is smoking outa one exhaust in front then move over !

There are a lot of people that like cars out on the road, they most certainly will notice. 'Mummy' with the kids may not pay attention but when you are stuck behind a petrol Vrs I bet you will !

Twin exhausts only one smoking in the winter will bug you, I guarantee it.

Luckily I didn't by mine for anyone else but me and I couldn't really give a toss what anyone else thinks when for those first 5 minutes in a morning a bit of condensation is only coming out of one side.......

I can't believe so many people are worried about this and the main reason is because of what other people think!!

What about the 'fake mesh' below the fog lights that hasn't actually got any holes I it?........ Can't believe no ones brought that up!

• Like 2

I'm just wondering, will they think 'its only got 1 real exhaust' or 'pfft, they bought a skoda' first.

And I'm with the 'who gives a toss what they think' crowd.

Let's start a poll;

1) Who doesn't mind in the slightest that the car in front only smokes from one side ??

2) Who gets terribly irate that the car in front only smokes from one side or the fact you are driving said car and you can't decide looking in your rear view mirror if the smoke coming from one side makes you wish you hadn't bought the car in the first place ??

I'm with answer 1)  :giggle:

• Like 2

Nope, not me.

Twin exhausts only one smoking in the winter will bug you, I guarantee it.

Honestly, no. Really.

if I was in a petrol and old oil burner is smoking outa one exhaust in front then move over !

Move over? Are you intimating there's some kind of pecking order in your mind?

Share the road.

• Like 1

I just don't like the fact that they didn't put one there.

It won't make any vital difference apart from being unique and symmetrical.

I'm happy to spend the money achieving that with genuine parts.

Well, me too.

Which genuine parts? The ones of the petrol??

Well, me too.

Which genuine parts? The ones of the petrol??

Yeah it would always be genuine and yes from the petrol version.

Why not just fit the rear section from the tsi Vrs

Is it different then? I thought they both had twin outlet bodywork. I wouldn't change the bodywork in any case.