Meteor Grey Monte Carlo Estate

You got the red seats.........I really wanted them but I only had the choice of the stock in the dealership. I drove mine away 3 days after I bought it :p

I love the colour, the wheels set it off very well. I'm not an estate fan but this does look good. It has a nice ride height for the type of car. 

Given the choice I would go for the new sportback I think. Parents did have a Fabia Elegance estate (before it was written off) and yours blows it out of the water!!

Very nice car....Enjoy  :happy: 

Have seen the colour on a Reaction.......wasn't too keen. However, I think it really suits the Monte estate and makes for a fantastic looking car. Hope you enjoy it.......I reckon it'll attract quite a lot of admiring glances!

Have seen the colour on a Reaction.......wasn't too keen. However, I think it really suits the Monte estate and makes for a fantastic looking car. Hope you enjoy it.......I reckon it'll attract quite a lot of admiring glances!

I know what you mean. I saw a reaction on the road a couple of weeks before I picked this up, and somehow it doesn't suit it. Not sure why. Perhaps it's the arch extensions (which I'm actually not that much of a fan of). Would be *really* interesting to see a vrs in this colour...

monte trim suits the estate well, see you have eletric rear windows and parking sensors what other options did you add?

I kept my mats from the vRS but otherwise, most of them apart from sat nav (can't see the point when most phones come with navigation out of the box these days). ;-)

This car has to last me a while!

In other news, the suspension is definitely softer than a vrs with noticeable squat and dive, though I've not driven an estate vrs so don't know how that compares. I reckon at the very least this must have softer suspension bushes compared to a vrs hatch, as there's greater insulation from uneven lumps in the road, though there's less feel/control as a result. It's definitely a more relaxing drive though.

Power from the 1.6 tdi 105 is more than adequate for a standard commute with no fears overtaking in rush hour traffic, and managed 55mpg over about 50 miles in both directions (100 miles total). Hopefully it'll loosen up over the coming miles and get closer to 60, though I'm still getting used to driving a manual diesel for the first time in 10 years, so I'm sure that has a bearing.

• Like 2

Your estate has that near extra 10" on the rear, and different rear springs from a Monte or vRS hatch,  

(& no daft weights hanging on the rear nearside, with an empty load area the rear of an estate should be that ickle bit lighter than a vRS hatch, well in theory.)

The vRS Estate suspension also feels different from the hatch and better balanced IMO.

Did you keep or get a spare wheel?

It looks good, i am pleased you like it.

george

• Like 1

Also: The wife reckons the new Skoda badges make it look like a Vauxhall. I can see what she's saying, but I do think I prefer the new look...

Nice looking car by the way.  Interesting comment about the new badge looking like a Vauxhall, a number of people have asked my wife if she is please with her Vauxhall.  As my wife changed from a Vauxhall she takes great delight in telling them it’s a SKODA.  :wall:

Your estate has that near extra 10" on the rear, and different rear springs from a Monte or vRS hatch,  

(& no daft weights hanging on the rear nearside, with an empty load area the rear of an estate should be that ickle bit lighter than a vRS hatch, well in theory.)

The vRS Estate suspension also feels different from the hatch and better balanced IMO.

Did you keep or get a spare wheel?

It looks good, i am pleased you like it.

george

Thanks for the info. Got a spare wheel so i guess that's a bit more weight hanging over the rear wheels!

Great review of the Monte estate. I am just about to  order one in Race Blue with maxi dot rear parking, cruise control climate control, arm rest    so a straight swap almost for my Monte hatch in candy white. Am wondering if anyone knows if you can ask Skoda to activate running lights before delivery? 

Daytime running lights switch is in the fusebox under the dash near the steering column. Well it is on right hand drive dashboards. Takes a minute to do.

Regards

Grahame

Daytime running lights switch is in the fusebox under the dash near the steering column. Well it is on right hand drive dashboards. Takes a minute to do.

Regards

Grahame

Graham thanks for that I should have looked more closely very pleased it is more straight forward I will change to day time running lights on my current Monte too! 

Big fan of the montes (have a red hatch ) BUT that colour i just cant get used to. Its different and it wont be too comman on the montes but to me it just looks like the factory primered it and went that will do lol

Meteor grey is a Marmite colour, you either love it or hate it.

Personally, I don't like it but other people will and I'm sure it's a cost option so I doubt it'll be a common sight.

It might be one of those colours that secondhand buyers don't like so residuals may be affected also unless you're a fan of the Royal Navy, an ex sailor perhaps who likes their cars to look like the ships they sailed on!!

If it was pearlescent then it would probably be OK but as a solid colour I don't think it works.

Louisv6 obviously likes it so that's all that matters, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

This place is hilarious. Impossible to just share some information and leave it at that isn't it?

I don't mind that you don't much like the look of my car (I didn't ask your opinion), it's fine, because frankly I don't much like the look of your mrs.

Must be fine for me to say that, right? Just my opinion after all...

Must be fine for me to say that, right? Just my opinion after all...

No, because you probably haven't seen her to voice such an opinion

If you can't accept other people's opinions, don't post, you will always get them

For the record, I'm not a fan of the colour either, but the car in itself is a great choice

Brimma - I agree, there's no problem commenting to say you don't like it. Fine if you don't like it, I have no problem with that.

There's a big difference between "that's not for me" and "you must be some sort of sailor to like that" (I realise I'm paraphrasing). You wouldn't say it to someone's face, so why say it here?

Absolutely love the colour mate and the car. So unique and unlike all the other 'same old' colours on the road. I hope they will be doing the new Octy Vrs in this colour as I'll be getting one!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Absolutely love the colour mate and the car. So unique and unlike all the other 'same old' colours on the road. I hope they will be doing the new Octy Vrs in this colour as I'll be getting one!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain the new vrs octy will have this colour. :-)