Broadband

Mr.Peck

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denis - I'd imagine the webspace forms part of your monthly payment for the account, and the fee you mention is for the FTP software. Ditch it and get a freeware FTP app (or use the command line version) and you'll do fine. There's even free HTML editors that feature FTP capabilities, IIRC...

Greg (and everyone else) - Broadband is good - nice wireless network going on, although need to get a desk for the second PC, as that's set up for leeching music from kazaa and binaries from newsgroups (Nildram have a full newsfeed!)

• 4 weeks later...

Wey Hey -- finally got my Broadband up & running -- can't believe how fast it is -- just download 2 game patch 1 @ 16mb - took 4min and 1 @ 18mb took 5 min -- oh my god how fast ?

:thumbup:

As it happens the first thing I did when I got broadband was download a game patch and I couldn't believe the speed either.

Ten points for anyone who spots whats coming next.

I also bought a Skoda Octavia vRS and at first I couldn't believe the speed...

That slippery slope. :D

Originally posted by rich1068 in this post

As it happens the first thing I did when I got broadband was download a game patch and I couldn't believe the speed either.

Ten points for anyone who spots whats coming next.

I also bought a Skoda Octavia vRS and at first I couldn't believe the speed...

That slippery slope. :D

An addiction to speed eh? Better the car's and the net than the substance mind:rolleyes: