Delivery Delays to Octavia vRS again !

I purchased a MK11 Octavia vRS TDI in June 2011 and waited 9 months for it when I was told at the time of ordering it would take 3 months.

I had many calls with SUK and they promised me that these problems would be sorted out in the future. I am interested in the new vRS and it seems nothing has changed have been to told to expect at least a six month wait for a new one . The car went on sale in July but you will probably not get one until next July if you are lucky.

Looks like they are supplying the markets with more profit than ours again and the UK just has to wait for theirs. Not sure how Skoda keep winning the awards for customer satisfaction when you cannot even buy one for over six months if you want one.

Anyone else out there with this view.

It's nothing to do with profit - it's widely publicised on here that the delay is due to issues with certain gadgets e.g.: Lane Assist.  I'd much rather a manufacturer delayed building a vehicle than churning out cars with known faults.

The biggest problem is the lack of consistency.  I've been given different stories by different dealers/suppliers, which is confusing.  The dealer with which I'm taking a test drive practically pleaded with me to come in to discuss build times rather than talk over the phone, which does sound somewhat ominous!

I think going by the "facts" available, to say an Octavia VRS hatch ordered today will be with the owner by July 2014 is hyperboly.  All being well, from what I have seen on here and ascertained by speaking to dealers/finance companies, new orders placed today will be delivered in February.  If you're buying a car like the VRS, chances are you start looking for your next motor at least 6 months prior to actually needing one!

ordered mine end of July, now in uk awaiting distribution so about 12 weeks. Mk2 vrs hatch took 24 weeks. So for me an improvement and the knowledge (generally) of white and blue estates being build before hatches.

my own opinion but...

Skoda best watch out and fight their corner against VW, if word gets out there would be reason to go to another group manufacturer. At least this demand created however intentional is making Skoda more desirable/residuals justifying future increased prices

I waited six months for a Ford Focus CC due to Ford being concerned about leaky roofs.

I had an order for an Astra GTC 3 door bi-turbo cancelled by Vauxhall 3 months after placing a deposit for it.

Be thankful that Skoda are at least fulfilling orders (albeit slowly).

Being selfish here, I don't care how long my order takes, I've just spent £640 on service, MOT and maintenance of my existing vehicle and so if I get 6 months motoring out of it I won't feel like my money was entirely wasted.

Ordered my VRS hatch 11th August and it gets built next week. I considered a golf GTI but that would have meant waiting until May. It's not just Skoda that have long wait times, my brothers Focus ST took 8 months to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

A friend ordered an Insignia in July last year & was given late Oct/early Nov for delivery. As they drive to Spain each Dec for the winter & come end of Nov with no firm delivery date he cancelled. My 12 week wait for the Octy was bad enough, but at least I got it.

...but why...

Likewise with a Nissan Qashqai - under 3 weeks from order to delivery..

...but again, why....

Because as you go up the M5 and go past the junction for Portishead you encounter a steep incline........glance down to your left and you'll see thousands upon thousands of new cars that have been ferried into Portbury dock.

So your "new" Qashqai has been sat out in the great British weather for months. 

That's how they can "build" them so quickly.

Phoned SUK yesterday with regards to the progress of my order.

I placed my order on the 17th August and was given a delivery time around the end of November SUK told me that I will not recive the car until the end of January/Febuary 2014????

They informed me that there is a problem with the lights on this model, I have orded a VRS estate has anyone else having the same problem?

Went to dealer today as 3weeks since suk said they get dealer to let me know why delayed again

We'll knock me over with a feather car is at port awaiting ferry ! So I don't Know who to believe lol but maybe car be here in 2-3 weeks

Phoned SUK yesterday with regards to the progress of my order.

I placed my order on the 17th August and was given a delivery time around the end of November SUK told me that I will not recive the car until the end of January/Febuary 2014????

They informed me that there is a problem with the lights on this model, I have orded a VRS estate has anyone else having the same problem?

An issue with the lights, that's a new one on my. I ordered just a few days before you on the 11th and mine is confirmed to be built this week (42)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 3 weeks later...

My son ordered a Skoda Octavia VRS estate DSG with a few extras on 8th August and I ordered virtually the same car on 9th August. We were told there was 9-12 weeks wait.  Then we were told that the sun roof was causing a delay. I have now been told that I won't get mine until the second week in December. My son hasn't even been given a date, but has been told that it is the keyless entry option that is the cause of the delay.

Having read the other posts it seems that, unless we are being lied to, they started to sell cars without any of either the standard build, or factory extra options available.

I have run Volvos for the last thirty years and have never known this sort of problem.

Having read the other posts it seems that, unless we are being lied to, they started to sell cars without any of either the standard build, or factory extra options available.

The standard spec of the vRS hadn't changed from the day it was launched so cars are still being built with all the standard kit, although there were some errors in the brochure like cornering fogs. Some options are restricted though due to demand/supply issues.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a MK11 Octavia vRS TDI in June 2011 and waited 9 months for it when I was told at the time of ordering it would take 3 months.

I had many calls with SUK and they promised me that these problems would be sorted out in the future. I am interested in the new vRS and it seems nothing has changed have been to told to expect at least a six month wait for a new one . The car went on sale in July but you will probably not get one until next July if you are lucky.

Looks like they are supplying the markets with more profit than ours again and the UK just has to wait for theirs. Not sure how Skoda keep winning the awards for customer satisfaction when you cannot even buy one for over six months if you want one.

Just learned today that delivery of my new petrol vRS hatch, ordered at the start of September, has been pushed out from end of January to mid March - if I'm lucky!

That is despite assurances from Skoda UK at the time of ordering that I would get it by the end of January. To say I'm now p*****d off is an understatement.  We have four Skodas in our immediate family and this would be my second vRS, although I am now seriously considering finding out whether I can tell them to where to stick this delayed order. 

Unless they get their act in order PDQ, Skoda UK's customer satisfaction ratings are going to take a fall and they are going to start losing previously very loyal customers who have done a lot to help promote their vehicles.

Just learned today that delivery of my new petrol vRS hatch, ordered at the start of September, has been pushed out from end of January to mid March - if I'm lucky!

That is despite assurances from Skoda UK at the time of ordering that I would get it by the end of January. To say I'm now p*****d off is an understatement.  We have four Skodas in our immediate family and this would be my second vRS, although I am now seriously considering finding out whether I can tell them to where to stick this delayed order. 

Unless they get their act in order PDQ, Skoda UK's customer satisfaction ratings are going to take a fall and they are going to start losing previously very loyal customers who have done a lot to help promote their vehicles.

BBC watchdog will be very interested in our stories!

Surely some of the problem is that they are so popular. Too many orders, not enough factory space.

Regarding Nissans/ Toyotas. Surely part of the reason you get them so quick is because a lot of them are built here in the UK. Is it Toyota or Nissan that claims their UK factory is one of the most efficient in Europe? Certainly must help having the cars built so close to home, in a very efficient factory.

Also, another reason. Are Toyotas/ Nissans as popular as Skodas? If not, it wont take long at all.