The Superb II & FL Picture thread

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to having the detachable tow bar and the ebaich 30mm springs fitted. I have to say car looks far better and more sport / factory look which is what I was hoping for as I never wanted something looking lowered into the rim etc. 

Before IMG_20201108_114228.thumb.jpg.e7f3168775a681f9e54fdeea55292e52.jpg

After along with a quick wash using anachem Articulate, snow foam, gleam and hybrid qd. It comes up great everytime since I machined it. 

IMG_20201216_105053.thumb.jpg.e9b92ac189dba82ae8f50fde1e6bbd05.jpg

IMG_20201216_104643.thumb.jpg.eba5acc9df76854759485ec8a726a7f7.jpg

IMG_20201216_104711.thumb.jpg.9f37802b67ecea6930310a53d02a9d28.jpg

• Like 4

For once in my life I think I'm done fiddling with a car so I think bar roof bars there will be little change, unless anyone has great suggestions or hacks. 

I hate the cup holders in the car is my only gripe. 

I think I have a problem I cannot stop tinkering.

I upgraded all the lights, I bought the replacement boot light units and they are literally like night and day as I initially replaced the w5 bulb for an led and they were nothing in comparison.

The  puddle light replacements took a small bit of hacking with a Stanley blade but very easy to replace and a big improvement as you have a board of leds pointing in the direction required as opposed to a bulb giving partial coverage. 

Now my only issue is the torch in the boot is a yellow tint as opposed to the white from the leds... Does anyone have any suggestions before I put too much time and effort trying to replace them lol 

Puddle lights 

IMG_20201219_205512.thumb.jpg.934148a1ad8944fec2c324465bc1ead5.jpg

Boot lights  with the torturous yellow torch 

IMG-20201219-WA0015.thumb.jpeg.a87aae9dd7939cedc85dac16f2f0030f.jpeg

Edited by Walder

@Walder

My Superb is Full LED too, but the boot torch is stil regular yellow, same for my glovebox, i wanted to change those also, but the torch wouldn't open without probably breaking it, and the glovebox has no need to upgrade to LED. As i shared my thoughts on the Dutch SkodaForum, people told me that it was better to keep at least one light in the car W5, this because of the fact remaining power in the system will tend to seek the weakest resistance, the W5 bulbs will ensure the remaining power dies out, if you would replace everything with LED's, the power wouldn't die out this easily, causing lights to keep shining on a minimum strenght for a long period of time. So i have been told. The torch is somewhat uselles in this day and age, with mobile phones and such, and you already have enormous light from the two upper trunk LED's, if you really dislike the yellow torch, you could tape it of with some black velcro tape, gone is the yellow light and it looks decent.

Sorry if my English is somewhat crappy, it's not my native language.

Grts JeSko

Edited by JeSko
  • Thanks 1

nice one !
what the size of the wheels? is it lowered?
on my black one,i got 19" bbs lm reps with 225/35,
but i took them out because of the gap with the arch need to be lowered ,
i'm in from Belgium too (south) and i need this f* paper of the install ,i always lowered my cars by my self and never have a single problem,
now i need to pay a guy for the installation and writing a paper for the technical control...

@JeSko 
nice one !
what the size of the wheels? is it lowered?
on my black one,i got 19" bbs lm reps with 225/35,
but i took them out because of the gap with the arch need to be lowered ,
i'm in from Belgium too (south) and i need this f* paper of the install ,i always lowered my cars by my self and never have a single problem,
now i need to pay a guy for the installation and writing a paper for the technical control...

ps:to the admins ,sorry for the double post ,but i can't find the modification button :/

• Like 1

Thanx @DJ_Self!

Yes it's lowered on Eibach springs (-3-3.5 CM), wheels are Japan Racing 19 inch, ET42, 8.5 J.

Nice i'm from Meerhout, small town in the Antwerp region ( Kempen ).

I bought my Eibach springs online and took them to Crauwels Banden in Begijnendijk, they installed them, lined the car out, and told me papers for the Belgium tuning alignment control where possible, but not necessary, because the cars they lowered on black Eibach springs always passed the control without problems. I found this hard to believe, they told me it was up to me, eventually i took the risk and went without mentioning the lowering and necessary paperwork, and to my surprise passed the inspection. Only got a second tuning green card wich mentioned my custom wheels. 😁

I replaced my stock springs with ebaich 30mm springs and they have been a great job. 

Albeit I am from Northern Ireland and the car only has to pass a road worthiness test annually and your insurance informed. 

I would prefer having my car signed off by an engineer like yourselves for the standard of work at least to be competent as there is a culture here of literally cutting springs etc 

On 20/12/2020 at 10:10, JeSko said:

@Walder

My Superb is Full LED too, but the boot torch is stil regular yellow, same for my glovebox, i wanted to change those also, but the torch wouldn't open without probably breaking it, and the glovebox has no need to upgrade to LED. As i shared my thoughts on the Dutch SkodaForum, people told me that it was better to keep at least one light in the car W5, this because of the fact remaining power in the system will tend to seek the weakest resistance, the W5 bulbs will ensure the remaining power dies out, if you would replace everything with LED's, the power wouldn't die out this easily, causing lights to keep shining on a minimum strenght for a long period of time. So i have been told. The torch is somewhat uselles in this day and age, with mobile phones and such, and you already have enormous light from the two upper trunk LED's, if you really dislike the yellow torch, you could tape it of with some black velcro tape, gone is the yellow light and it looks decent.

Sorry if my English is somewhat crappy, it's not my native language.

Grts JeSko

One advantage of the torch over a phone is that it's magnetic so you can stick it to a metal surface and have both hands free. Handy if you have to fiddle with stuff under the bonnet.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2020 at 10:25, Kizotina said:

Greenline 1.6 tdi, Themisto wheels ♥️

D81_4440.jpg

Cracking looking car 😎👌👌

Daft question is the car lowered or is that standard greenline springs? 

• 2 weeks later...

Put 17” wheels and 215/50 tyres on it. That’s my tip. 
Cabin will be a much more pleasant experience.

Edited by Rkdee

Couldn't help myself I had time today so a wash polish and wax to seal. 

IMG_20210518_154903_edit_79679897828466.thumb.jpg.a48c5d94107d1a17b14a0fa53dc73d3e.jpg

IMG_20210518_150525.thumb.jpg.bf13d10399cdc32c9fbf71b3d5f82d96.jpg

This wad meant to be donkey of our house for all the heavy lifting and carting but Iove it such a great car. 

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, Walder said:

Couldn't help myself I had time today so a wash polish and wax to seal. 

IMG_20210518_154903_edit_79679897828466.thumb.jpg.a48c5d94107d1a17b14a0fa53dc73d3e.jpg

IMG_20210518_150525.thumb.jpg.bf13d10399cdc32c9fbf71b3d5f82d96.jpg

This wad meant to be donkey of our house for all the heavy lifting and carting but Iove it such a great car. 

Very nice!

Here are is the only pic I have yet. Just got the wheels 3 day's ago. 

KW 30mm lowering springs for audi a3 

Bola B10 18x8 wheels 

20210519_185642.jpg

• Like 1