Hairy Bikers/Dieters

mender

Anyone else bought the cook books?

We bought the first (white cover) one last year after watching the series and it is superb.

Never before have I found recipes that appeal to a hungry bloke that hates dieting but need to make some effort.

Anyway, we just bought the second one (yellow cover) and that's great too.

My wife and I are using them daily and we are enjoying fabulous food that's really filling and satisfying but cuts out unnecessary bad stuff, plus a bit influence of Romania is interesting as Dave's wife is from there.

Anyway, to cut a long story short-I have never eaten better, never felt so satisfied food-wise, never experienced a day before without craving something bad-especially if bored/stressed/under pressure and now have no cravings.

We just use the books, don't cheat with bad stuff and have swapped our drinks for (weakish!) pints of gin and slimline tonic with loads of ice and lemon which are approx 120 calories.

I have lost two stone in 6 weeks without any sacrifice whatsoever, my (already fit) wife has lost half a stone.

Blimey!

The first book is about losing weight by enjoying decent portions of proper man food* (by swapping out bad stuff in the recipes for healthy alternatives) and the second is about maintaining a healthy weight once you have got there.

Highly recommended if you need to get a bit healthier but hate faddy stupid diets and "woman" food*.

You can get both books for around £11 delivered via Amazon.

*not sexist!

• Like 1

So which one are you? Si or Dave? ;-)

:rofl:

No bias!

They're really good, honest!

Best things we bought this year.

Another vote here for there books, great tasty food, problem is I eat too much of it so still don't loose any weight!

Haha-yes they're such good recipes that it's hard to stop when you've met your needs!

Some amazing ideas in there, it's nice to lose weight while eating the best stuff you've ever eaten.

Haha-yes they're such good recipes that it's hard to stop when you've met your needs!

Some amazing ideas in there, it's nice to lose weight while eating the best stuff you've ever eaten.

Very true my friend, great great meal ideas and in all seriousness I have managed to loose weight since I started trying too! ;-)
  • Like 1

I've just ordered these on Amazon off this reccomendation.

Need to pre-emptively lose what I intend to gain at Christmas

Let us know what you think!

Happy eating.....!

I've just ordered these on Amazon off this reccomendation.

Need to pre-emptively lose what I intend to gain at Christmas

Hahaha, good man. I definitely know that feeling. ;) Hope you enjoy them.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow-been using the books a lot and generally having a great time with food, no "dieting" and no cravings.

I have the blue pack Lidl Oat Crunch with a banana for breakfast with a superb coffee and this passes the morning without any cravings or hunger until lunchtime, have a decent lunch or soup and a pumpernickel type open sandwich or wrap with lean turkey and tasty salads and a decent tea from the book or something inspired by the methods in the book.

I've cut out butter, mayonnaise, salad cream, fat on meat etc completely.

I've cut down on beer and cider, replaced mostly with quality gin and slimline tonic, cut down on the "everyday wine" to replace with a few glasses of top shelf stuff occasionally; less wine but when I have it, it's amazing.

Snacks are bread sticks with salsa or a homemade low fat yogurt dip of some sort, gherkins or the NU-ME Morrisons rice crisp with the Thai flavour.

Sweets are more or less gone, but I have a treat when needed; coffee, fresh fruit salad and low fat yogurts do the trick now.

Two months in, no effort, enjoying all my food much more....

Three stone down  :thumbup:  few more to go, but I can honestly say that I am actually enjoying it!

Perfect  :rock:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not really using them for losing weight, but we're really enjoying the recipes.

Particularly like the chilli, curry, shepherds pie and risotto.

One thing I've found though, the quantity of fluid they use tends to make the recipes too wet.

I normally use about 2/3rds they do and it works out OK.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Well, we've been back to the regime for a few weeks and the books are doing us proud; feeling 100% better and down over a stone so far

We've tried most things, but the two Hairy Dieter books are way ahead the best.

We also like Nigella's veg lasagne with most of the pasta sheets replaced with spinach leaves-it is even better than a meat lasagne as the aubergine used is outstanding.

• 9 years later...