Automatic windscreen heating?

That's because you have a diesel, Bogdan.

I also have the "automatic window heating" option on my Columbus. Which I promptly deactivated. This being my first car with a heated windshield I was surprised to see that it's still cold to the touch even after it managed to defrost some heavy ice. How hot is it supposed to get when used? It definetly didn't get above skin temperature when I checked it.

Can anyone else with a heated windscreen please check to see if they have this?

Checked mine and no, I don't have this option. Hardly a work up to press the heated windscreen button should it be necessary so I won't lose any sleep over it!

Thanks to spacenase, I have a scan of his car and also some controller adaptation pulls from Central Electronics, CAN Gateway, HVAC, Infotainment.

As of yet I have not spotted a difference in coding or adaptation that would enable this additional menu, so it is looking like it is controller software version specific.

I'll keep digging.

Giving up on this now - I have compared adaptations and coding on Infotainment, HVAC & Central Electronics and I can't find any difference between the 2 cars that would be anything to do with the automatic windscreen heating. My gut feel is that it is software version dependent.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I added the heated windscreen option as I've had it on Fords previously and it's a good feature, much better than waiting for the heater vents to clear things.

Anyhow, I have the option for automatic windscreen heating in the climate settings and like a few others, I am wondering what conditions activate the heated screen automatically as there isn't much about it in the manual. As I bought the car in June, there hasn't been a chance to check this feature as the weather has been relatively OK. This morning, with a misted windscreen and temp about 9 deg C it activated without manually switching the function on (LED indication not lit). I also noticed the rear heated window activated without manually switching it on (LED indication not lit) but I had switched on mirror heating manually. I didn't think to check the consumers list but the evidence was there in the demisting.

Perhaps it's a combination of temperature, humidity sensor activation and the rain sensor detecting the mist?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if there's a time limit that can be set on heated mirrors?

I raised a query with Skoda that, as long as mirror position is set to heating, the heated mirrors won't turn off (IIRC Mk1 was hooked up to Rear window i.e. when rear window timed out so did the mirrors). It's very easy to forget about mirrors to be left in heating position...affecting heater matrix over time...and eventually it will detach from mirror backing (occurred on mk2).

Hi all. Read a post like this last winter when I got my Elegance with the winter pack.

You have to have the winter pack (in UK) to get heated front seats, heated washers and Heated Windscreen.

To switch HWS on its the top half of the middle dial in the air con control range of buttons!

The tick boxes are, as stated,for the aux heater that is mains operated and you plugin over night with and we (UK) are not alowwed to play with.

HWS works very well as do back window and mirrors just waiting for heated side windows then no more ice scraping at 5 in the morning.

I have noticed that when the automatic windscreen heating is on the convenience consumers shows that it is using more fuel, I noticed this when I had manually turned it off by the button after I had put it on. But the cc panel showed that it was still working and then went off after about 5 minutes.