i have a black vrs. will it look stupid with white gigaro wheels?

thanks sk4gw. I appreciate you putting the link up. Decided to buy them. Getting them shortly. Mint alloys with 2 Pirelli and 2 Goodyear with 70% tread left. For £300. If i don't like them i could always try swapping them for black ones lol

You had a good deal there. I recently paid £270 just for 4 white Gigaro wheels for my car. Mine will be going on a black Fabia too, although mine's not a vrs. :)

Where the sun is out lots and temperatures are high i would not want to be without a White Roof, or a White or light colour car.

(this is from having had a Black car in hot sunny weather in the past, and rubbish AC)

In this country at the likes of 1/4 miles and Sprints, and hot engine compartments, 

many open the bonnet between runs. to get things cool.

If you are sitting after a run with a hot engine compartment and the sun is beating down, the temperature under the bonnet might well 

be lower with the White Bonnet rather than a Black or dark one.

Try my favourite purchase, a Digital Fridge Thermometer and just see how hot it gets in a vRS in the area of the Air Box, behind the battery 

& just see how hot it gets in that area when parked up.

george

• Like 1

But when the sun is in and the temperatures are low I would not want to be without a black roof or a dark car.

(this is from having had a white car in cold wintery weather, in the past and rubbish heating)

In this country at the likes of airport carparks and long lunches at McDonalds and cold engine compartments

many keep their bonnets closed to preserve heat.

If you are sitting before a run with a cold engine compartment and there is no sun beating down the temperature under the bonnet might well

be higher with the Black Bonnet rather than a white or light one.

Try my favourite purchase, also a Digital Fridge Thermometer and just see how cold the oil stays in a vRS in the winter,

& just see how much colder it gets in that area when parked up.

Sparkly (can also play Devil's advocate :) )

• Like 3

Wunderba.

When cold you can put on a hat, gloves, socks, thermals or warm things up easily. Available at Pound Shops & Filling Stations.

Antifreeze and Winter Screen wash is cheap.

Fit a Grill Guard or bit of Cardboard in front or radiators or Intercoolers when very cold.

In the UK it will not often drop below -20*oC, and that is still shirt sleeve weather on a night out in Newcastle.

When you cook an engine, or you are getting heat soak, it can spoil your fun and costs a little ticky more to deal with.

george

• Like 1

PS,

Black roofs, Red roofs etc.

I thought someone had covered my car in splashes from an emulsion brush or plaster, and was nearly crying on Saturday.

Then when cleaning the car it dawned on me.

Fireworks exploding Friday night, above and landing on the car, white bits of all sorts sitting, carboard etc.

Some bits look like they have been pretty hot as the landed.

All typed in good humour George :)

I concede there is no such thing as Bermuda Shorts and a Hawaian Shirt for a car Engine.  Although if there was................scurries off to the drawing board.

And I lived up in the North East for four years, tbf the Men are soft compared to the women who won't put on much more than there undies, no matter what the weather is doing and they're far more likely to chin you if you look at them the wrong way :rofl: 

• Like 1

PS,

Black roofs, Red roofs etc.

I thought someone had covered my car in splashes from an emulsion brush or plaster, and was nearly crying on Saturday.

Then when cleaning the car it dawned on me.

Fireworks exploding Friday night, above and landing on the car, white bits of all sorts sitting, carboard etc.

Some bits look like they have been pretty hot as the landed.

Hope it all buffs out nice and simple.

My car paintwork has a 3D textured finish thanks to all the Orange Peel in the factory paint job.

If I had the courage I'd wet sand the lot down, would help the shine so much, maybe something for Spring.

All washed and polished, no harm was done, it had settled on water droplets & not only on horizontal surfaces, then had frozen..

but i did have a near cardiac arrest when i first spotted it.  

Cars will be inside & under cover on the 5th.

Never heard so many very loud explosions in the past as with this years fireworks, or seen the same effect on paintwork before.

george

I'm not looking forward to the next few days fireworks.  My son is 13 months old and doesn't sleep well at the best of times, it will be a nightmare even with a white noise player turned up to full.

I'm currently looking at Garages to rent near my house, presently the Fabia lives outside which isn't my first choice.  I would love to have a nice double garage to keep all my car paraphernalia in where I could give the car a good detail without fear of the weather intervening.

Glad the roof wasn't damaged.

thanks sk4gw. I appreciate you putting the link up. Decided to buy them. Getting them shortly. Mint alloys with 2 Pirelli and 2 Goodyear with 70% tread left. For £300. If i don't like them i could always try swapping them for black ones lol

Or get them refurbed and powder coated black. Now you have two sets the options are limitless as to what you could do, well only constrained by how much you want to spend on them..

thanks ozfabia. That actually looks really nice.

and

Or get them refurbed and powder coated black. Now you have two sets the options are limitless as to what you could do, well only constrained by how much you want to spend on them..

I'm a poor vrs owner lol. I don't have spare money to powder coat them. I have food to buy for the family and copious amounts of oil to buy for vrs to burn

• Like 2

Don't mention the 'oil' word round here, you'll have everyone running for the hills :)

Secretly, that's why I changed to a diesel, that's a real 'oil' burner, not one of those Mk 2 VRS pretending to be like a Mk 1.