pd160

V5-Steve

When I had my first fabia this mod wasn't that well known and I got one from dealer for 30 od quid! Second fabia and it cost me close to 80!

I saw the one on eBay too. Kept an eye on it but there's no way I'm paying close to £100 for what is essentially a bit of plastic ducting that probably won't make much if all difference. Darkside developments sell the kit new for around £100 according to their website... so someone got done over there!

£30-£40 is a more reasonable price but because Seat put the price through the roof when they realised it was a popular mod now means second hand they also sell for silly money. I'd rather spend £100 on something more worthwhile that you'd actually notice personally!

Each to their own I suppose kyle. Without more mods it probably does not make much difference.

Sorry I wasn't aiming that you buying one for £60 that's just the average price of a 2nd hand one that's why I said it

Putting one on a stock car and expecting a difference is a kinda like putting a larger intercooler on a stock car and expecting a huge difference. It'll not do anything to a standard car but at some point down the line of modifying it will release a few extra bhp (might be 1, 5 or 10 who knows exactly)

It comes on a PD160, so if VW felt the need to make a bespoke part for that one engine at a cost over just using a 130 intake then I would expect it to make a small improvement at some point. VW dont spend money if they dont have to. 

I'm incredibly surprised a company like darkside hasn't made their own at a fraction of the price. I'd imagine they'd sell like hotcakes especially on here and seatcupra.net etc!

Can't be too hard to design something even better surely!?

I'm incredibly surprised a company like darkside hasn't made their own at a fraction of the price. I'd imagine they'd sell like hotcakes especially on here and seatcupra.net etc!

Can't be too hard to design something even better surely!?

Copyright?

Darkside aren't exactly cheap either! although I think they stock the pd160 intakes anyway.

Not sure if you can get copyright on a piece of plastic, probably can do though!

This might sound horrendously chavvy but has anyone ever done a bonnet vent for the air intake like what they do on rally cars, etc?

Would be interesting to see if it make a difference.

Not sure if you can get copyright on a piece of plastic, probably can do though!

This might sound horrendously chavvy but has anyone ever done a bonnet vent for the air intake like what they do on rally cars, etc?

Would be interesting to see if it make a difference.

I like bonnet vents in some cars, VRS I'm not so sure it would suit!

Photoshop??

I think you can make something similar easily with some larger pipe. I'm sure it may make a slight difference and if it was £20/30 I'd be happy with that but when your paying anything between £50-100 and can't tell any difference that's when I class it as abit of a waste of money IMO.

Each to their own though,if people are happy to pay it then crack on I say but I'd always give a honest review if anyone wants it and that is that I can't tell any difference with it on.

I like bonnet vents but would have to be subtle like saff cosworth ones,a huge scooby one would look shocking

I think you can make something similar easily with some larger pipe. I'm sure it may make a slight difference and if it was £20/30 I'd be happy with that but when your paying anything between £50-100 and can't tell any difference that's when I class it as abit of a waste of money IMO.

Each to their own though,if people are happy to pay it then crack on I say but I'd always give a honest review if anyone wants it and that is that I can't tell any difference with it on.

I like bonnet vents but would have to be subtle like saff cosworth ones,a huge scooby one would look shocking

Haha do you remember the max power days when people used to fit Ferrari F50 style ones to corsa sand ****!!