CAVE & CTHE 1.4TSI, Just reply please if you have had an engine replaced.

Picking it up today hopefully... I will do that thanks for the info. The chap doing the test for me said its now using a tolerable amount of oil that is within skodas guideline. They done was a 100 mile test.

Good,get those results and the rate of consumption post the Breather Mod.

Oh! And the Case No.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Brought a vrs 2011 reg from a Toyota garage (it was a part-ex), it had 12500 on the clock i got to 16500 and gone through 4.5L of oil. Took it to a main dealer with 2 days warranty left, they done oil consumption test (threatened me with labor costs if the oil use wasn't excessive) but it was so they fitted breather pipes then re-tested. I was told it that its fixed and will now use 0.5L in 1000M which is in skoda's tolerance of fair usage. I am picking the car up today so we shall see how it performs. I have heard that breather pipes are just a temporary fix and now i'm out of warranty i am a little worried . 

The breather fix hasn't worked in the majority of cases (from the many posts on this subject on this forum) but you may be lucky. My car uses 0.5L per 1000 miles on a replacement engine, which I can reluctantly accept. My original engine was worse. You have a very strong case if the breather fix doesn't do the trick and you will get plenty of support from forum members. Make sure you case is registered with Skoda UK customer services. Skoda will be obliged to resolve the issue if the fix they offered within the waranty period can be shown to have not resolved the issue.

• Like 1

Do I register this case online ? the garage took the car on the 24th may. warranty ran out 26th. they have just finished the car today! I begged for a courtesy car for sat sun and monday and was given a disgraceful octavia that needs a service, drivers seatbelt plug doesn't work and the rattles from the undercarriage are horrific. i will be bringing this up if my car is still drinking oil. 

Do I register this case online ? the garage took the car on the 24th may. warranty ran out 26th. they have just finished the car today! I begged for a courtesy car for sat sun and monday and was given a disgraceful octavia that needs a service, drivers seatbelt plug doesn't work and the rattles from the undercarriage are horrific. i will be bringing this up if my car is still drinking oil. 

PM me for details etc.

Copies of the test needed to analyse accuracy, process and procedure complies to Skoda Test parameters, eg weigh conversion factor used and also mileage for test.

Following my last post when I was rejecting my 62plate  VRS after 3rd engine fitted I was offered a 63 place replacement car with the CTHE engine. Now done 1100 mile oil warning light on and no oil registering at all on the dipstick. To me there is no difference between CAVE and CTHE as on every engine the result is the same, no oil after 1000 miles.  Straight back on to dealership and SKODA UK complaint logged and stated looking to reject car immediately as this was a replacement vehicle following nearly 12 months of their"testing" and fitting modified breather pipes. The breather pipes never reduced consumption on my last car. Have already said I'm not happy to be running numerous tests again for them and if they just look at the dipstick they can see the consumption is excessive especially as the only oil on the stick will be the 0.5L that I had left from last time that I put in on Sunday

Hacked off VRS owner again

• 2 weeks later...

I will bump again.

Just incase anyone is looking at buying a Used Mk2 Fabia vRS from 2010-2012

Maybe best check the Warranty History First,

& get a Good Warranty on it.

& ask the Dealership to check the ECU is Factory Standard with the Latest ECU Update, & no Aftermarket Remap on it.

(Obviously, That is unless that is what you actually want .)

It is quite usual on cars that do not use oil,

it is usually spots of soot that are on wet.  or get wet.

what rate is it now using oil at, & how many miles have you done since the breather mod.?

I take it the car will be getting a replacement engine anyway,

a change of breather pipes and valve is not going to fix an oil user, where it used oil  at the rate you said your engine was using oil.

820M and it's used 1L maybe more from what I can see. Booked in for ANOTHER consumption test and threatened with labour costs IF it is using the right amount, which it possibly can't be?! I was told it IS using 0.23 of a L in 620M when I got it back from them 2 weeks ago.

Get the written Report with the Figures,

Quantity & weight of the oil at the start of test and weight at the finish of the test of the drained drained oil.

& the difference in weight over the miles covered.

1 litre is 857 grams, so 3.6 litres is 3085 grams.  

They are not that good at maths or weighing at some Workshops.

(some even seemed to think 1 litre of engine oil is 1000 grams.)

The threat of charging Labour is nonsense and if you know your car uses oil, should not be a concern.

I asked over the phone for the before and after results and emailed for them to be sent to me... Still haven't got them, been 2 weeks now. All they said is that it will use 0.23 of a L in 1000km (620M) when I picked the car up

The Technician responsible for doing the test will have the Report Sheet filled out with the details and signed,  

so there really should be no problem with them supplying that.

Unless they come away with 'Skoda paid for the test'  so the results are theirs.

So you just ask Skoda UK Customer Services to furnish you with the Copy of the Test that got the Results.

Just to see that the apparent common error was not made in carrying out the test.

They seem to get a very similar oil usage figure shown in the 'Official Tests' done at Skoda Dealerships,

& those are nothing like the car has been using,

then not long later, the engine needs replaced anyway.

It is your car, and the Warranty Work is between you and the Warranty Provider.

george

Yeah I will email head office and get them to get the results for me. I'm out of warranty now but was still inside warrAnty when I gave them the car with the issue. So in my eyes it's still a warranty issue and they should put it right

• Like 2

I got confirmation today that my engine will be replaced. CTHE 12k km. Oil consumption was ~0.7-0.8l/1000km

Good to hear that you have been successful.

How was the process for you in Poland .

Asked head office to get the results for me... Been waiting about 5 days now.

THAT IS CRAP !

My Partners dealer service manager emailed me the result the same afternoon of 2nd failure with both sets of results.

Just shows the inconsistent treatment to CUSTOMERS  from dealers/ skoda uk