Would be interesting to hear the part no. for the bumps too (is it all of them, just the middle, or just the lower pair ?)

Apparently mine is not on the chassis numbers for rear shock replacement, so hoping these will help !

As its surface dependant and usually at low speed, its a foible that hasn't irked me terribly, or that often, but it would be nice to not have it !

What have people who have improved with adjustments found, needs to be tighter or looser on the bump rubbers ?

I had to tight it to reduce the booming.  

Replacement tailgate wedges and spacers fitted. Part Nos:

5E0-827-239-A ~ Wedge

5E0-827-349 ~ Spacer

These were fitted to both sides of the tailgate, one wedge and one spacer per side.

The original stops on the hatch opening were retained/reused with no adjustment.

The reason advised for replacement is due to potential corrosion of the original spacers so apparently nothing to do with the booming issue!

My baby doesn't have the road rumble, but I have noticed that when the rear doors are shut there is an over pressure that hurts my ears.

Replacement tailgate wedges and spacers fitted. Part Nos:

5E0-827-239-A ~ Wedge

5E0-827-349 ~ Spacer

These were fitted to both sides of the tailgate, one wedge and one spacer per side.

The original stops on the hatch opening were retained/reused with no adjustment.

The reason advised for replacement is due to potential corrosion of the original spacers so apparently nothing to do with the booming issue!

?? The originals are plastic and rubber so how is that right?

The new anti noise ones ones look nothing like the old ones so its nothing to do with corrosion surely. Look at my pictures in post number 464 (mikenippard) to see them compared to the static originals you all have. Matt are yours the new ones or just replacement old ones? If the latter won't make any difference to the hatch initiated booming noise apart from any different adjustment when installing. 

Edited by snala

Hi Snala, your pics seem to have disappeared from the post, however, I can confirm that my replacement buffers are like for like solid rubber/plastic which would seem to corroborate the dealers comment that the recall is nothing to do with the booming issue, must just be a coincidence?!?! :no:  :think:  

Sorry, not sure what happened there, pics did not show up on laptop earlier, can see them now on the tablet! Anyway, these are completely different to mine, my new ones look identical to the originals.

Interesting, so we are having different buffers (or whatever you want to call them) fitted, and supposedly for differing reasons.

I had the sprung loaded buffers fitted to my hatchback last week as a remedy for the air pressure/booming issue... no affect :-(

At least it wont rust! :-D

They mentioned that the boot latch would be next on their list.

Cheers, Paul

I thought I would connect a tone generator ( app on my phone) to the aux in and see what happened when using a single frequency. This is by no means a controlled experiment but I found that around 36Hz, the apparent volume level as heard from the front passenger or driver seat increased somewhat. The output on the phone and volume level on the infotainment were kept constant. Not sure if it relevant to this problem so draw your own conclusions.

Yes today I did the same experiment, 36Hz is exactly the sound I hear from rear of the car. When this frequency is being generated by speakers in front, it is most audible from drivers seat and finaly in trunk as well. I also found the way how to decrease the booming effect in my ears when seated in drivers seat- simply open front doors, or at least pull down front windows. I also found that if I hit front side of the rear seat ( the right-large one) by hand it makes the boom around 36Hz. The same loud low frequency I get by shutting the front door left or right, both do the same loud boom, rear doors not. Now it seems that there is something with front doors and rear seats. When I drive with front doors ajar, the booming is not so audible and almost gone.

Edited by Srejber

Bumpstop_zpse6d50ab2.jpg

Just had new bump stops fitted to my Hatchback (limousine) during other recall. Mod Code was 55I4.

Never really suffered from this 'booming' described and can tell no difference now.

Edited by Shawthing

Here in the Netherlands Skoda ignored the pressure problem for a long time. It drove my crazy, my car gave me headaches every day. After about half a year they fitted the spring type stoppers and new shocks. After these adjustments, it's a different car. I enjoy driving, no more headaches. Conclusion: don't accept the pressure build up. It can be solved!

Bumpstop_zpse6d50ab2.jpg

Just had new bump stops fitted to my Hatchback (limousine) during other recall. Mod Code was 55I4.

Never really suffered from this 'booming' described and can tell no difference now.

Hey Shawthing, can't tell from the piccy exactly where those bump stops are located,

I had the sprung loaded ones that are fitted on the sides of the hatchback, which made no differnce.

Cheers, Paul

Hey Shawthing, can't tell from the piccy exactly where those bump stops are located,

I had the sprung loaded ones that are fitted on the sides of the hatchback, which made no differnce.

Cheers, Paul

Paden did you make sure the other original 2 stops on the hatch were extended enough to contact the sill, the ones parallel to where the latch is?

If not i.e they are turned all the way in, the window/hatch can still move causing the pressure and booming.

Edited by snala

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!

I just have registered to the forum. Picked my car on the 24th from the dealer. This is my first Skoda and I have this booming/pressure issue with it unfortunately. Read a lot of pages but seems there is no fix for this yet but would appreciate if someone could link a post which has the possilbe solutions listed. Thanks.

I had this booming issue but only on bumps/bad road surfaces.

Adjusting the boot lid solved the issue for me. It was loose.

I adjusted the rubber stoppers outwards (0,5 cm) and the lock mechanism inwards (almost 1 cm).

Now the boot lid has some tension when closed.

I still have some booming but the frequency is less annoying (it's higher, like a drum).

~80% of the booming noise was gone after adjustment.

I had this booming issue but only on bumps/bad road surfaces.

Adjusting the boot lid solved the issue for me. It was loose.

I adjusted the rubber stoppers outwards (0,5 cm) and the lock mechanism inwards (almost 1 cm).

Now the boot lid has some tension when closed.

I still have some booming but the frequency is less annoying (it's higher, like a drum).

~80% of the booming noise was gone after adjustment.

Thanks aki78,

Checked the boot lid and everything seems rock solid for me, it is closing stiff and with a healthy feel. Took out the boot floor and tried to adjust it back to its place more stiff as it was loose. Will see how it feels this afternoon.

Hi All!

I just have registered to the forum. Picked my car on the 24th from the dealer. This is my first Skoda and I have this booming/pressure issue with it unfortunately. Read a lot of pages but seems there is no fix for this yet but would appreciate if someone could link a post which has the possilbe solutions listed. Thanks.

Oh brilliant, they still haven't sorted out this issue on newbuilds. I see you have the vRS as well, with its better suspension setup? So one can assume the booming noise has nothing to do with the suspension setup.