LED 'puddle' lights

vrscarl

Ah now after seeing phil-w' link im torn . Wonder if the projector would still work with led strip??? Only 1 way to find out.

And no dsmithmobile the ones' s I got cant be cut, sent them back anyway and ordered the ssme as vrscarl.

But I do like the projector idea hmmmmmmmmmm

Ah think thats the same area I used as if fitted on the base of the doorcard it would hit the rubber when closed.

Just got to test em out now in the dark :)

Just fitted mine today too. I fitted at the lower part where the door shuts to the rubber as did not like seeing the lights in view. There is enough gap. I love the results. Will post pics later

Sent from my Samsung S3

Ahh right I thought there wasnt enough clearance. Happy tbh where they are tho.

Yeah just enough space if you have them slight inwards from the center line. There is a small gap between the rubber and the plastic panel.

As long as you are happy that's what counts.

Sent from my Samsung S3

• Like 1

Definitely going to be doing this mod. Also just learnt what scotch locks are, I wish I'd known about these earlier..

Lol...

Yeah they are door catches found in Scotland. .......

Been around years.:)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/251000870593?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=m&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

Sent from my Samsung S3

• Like 1

Will have a look under mine. I like the idea of them and the cost too, just don't want to see the strip itself at all.

That's why i fitted mine lower down right under the plastic panel

Great mod! Well worth the £££ to ensure feet are kept dry this winter :)

Would this be the same for the rear passenger doors too? I can't (off the top of my head) remember if the rear doors get the same light in the door card. Also, could the wire be fed behind the door card easily too? If I can avoid drilling any holes in anything I'd rather go down that route.