Delivery delays already on FL?

Truthseeker

Just seen a post under the FL discussion thread, that some FL orders are being moved back to an April build week (moved from December), in particular the 1.2 TSI (post #886 refers), which could mean a May delivery.

I have not been advised as yet of any change to build date by my dealer (contacted him today for clarification). 

Not happy to wait another 4 months from original and anticipated January delivery.

Would be interested if anyone else has heard anything.

"Just spoke to my dealer and my F/L Yeti 1.2SE has moved from Week 51 build date to Week 14 (that's first week in April)  :sweat: . No one seems to know why yet but 7 months from order to build seems excessive! Dealer chasing up with Skoda. Just hope existing car keeps going that long."

Above is my post that Truthseeker refers to - sorry didn't think about starting a new thread!

The dealer said that they have "raised a case" with Skoda but I don't know if that will fix anything. Tried to ring Skoda myself today but got cut off - I'll try again tomorrow. At least I have the SLU number now - tried it in "Track my Skoda" just to see what that revealed even though not ordered from them: "Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date."

Edited by idh2013

I hope not as I have already shortlisted some alternatives.......funny thing is there are some very nice cars out there that I never even considered previously, as I wanted to stay loyal to Skoda.

Don't think I can live with a 6 month wait though if I find out above is true.

......funny thing is there are some very nice cars out there that I never even considered previously...

For example? (Just curious as to what else you might consider to be in the frame, though I'm guessing that if your Yeti order is for a 1.2TSi then they wouldn't be at the higher power, 4x4 end of the spectrum.)

For example? (Just curious as to what else you might consider to be in the frame, though I'm guessing that if your Yeti order is for a 1.2TSi then they wouldn't be at the higher power, 4x4 end of the spectrum.)

Don't be so sure!

I am not fussed about engine size or whether AWD /2WD, and could be tempted either way, but prefer petrol, and must be auto.

Looking at Volvo V40 Cross Country, the all new Nissan Quashai (though not available until 1st Feb), and Subaru XV.

Have a budget of £25k but must be auto.

Anyway, let's hope that Skoda come up trumps and deliver, as set my heart on the FL Yeti. Funny thing is, I first ordered a 140 4x4 SE then changed to the 1.2TSI Elegance. Perhaps had I stayed with the SE, may not now have a potential delivery issue.

My 1.2TSI is still awaiting a build date too. It's starting to get a bit annoying. I was hoping the car would be arriving in February, ready to drive away on the 1st of March.

I got a build date right away of wk 50 on my original order (SE), and dealer confirmed that changed order would keep same build week (dealer allocation?). Not so sure now though.

Already traded my p/ex to dealer, and don't want to keep sharing wife's Aygo for any longer than necessary.

I went for a 63 plate pre reg (Oct 14th first reg) with 29 miles on the clock because I did not want to wait months for the FL. It has some useful upgrades but not enough for me to wait for it.

Edited by spottydog

I ordered mine (1.2 Elegance DSG) in early September and was told two weeks ago by SUK that it had a provisional build week of 04 - with delivery three and a half weeks later. That takes it to five months from ordering already! I would be very concerned if it went much further!

Whoa ! First I've heard of this ? How many of you with orders placed have actually been told of a delay please ????

Just me so far - would the colour choice make a difference, eg a less popular colour gets delayed?

If so, I would change that!

• Like 1

Just me so far - would the colour choice make a difference, eg a less popular colour gets delayed?

I'd be absolutely flipping raging if the yeti incurs the same delays as the octy vrs, the delays on my order for the vrs made me change my mind to a yeti, doesn't sound good to you mate but I am praying yours is an isolated case. You should try and change your specs as you mentioned , see if it makes a difference :-)

• Like 1

What colour/spec etc have you gone for.

Mine is Jungle Green, 1.2 TSI Elegance DSG.

Let's see if there is a common theme for any delays.

Skoda UK are now on the case so maybe things will get sorted - at least I'm more optimistic than via the dealer. This morning's conversation indicated concern that his had happened and I've been given the case number. But what if I hadn't rung the dealer yesterday? When would someon ehave told me?

My order is for Cappuccino Beige, 1.2 TSI SE Manual. But I'm happy to go to Jungle Green if that is the problem.

What? I considered the other Yeti options and test drove a 2.0 diesel on the same day as the petrol - budget wasn't a constraint. But after 40+ years of driving petrol, I couldn't cope with the obvious extra engine noise. I certainly don't need a 4x4 given my driving locations. The SE gave me the standard options I wanted and an automatic gearbox would have been a new venture.

• Like 1

Don't be so sure!

I am not fussed about engine size or whether AWD /2WD, and could be tempted either way, but prefer petrol, and must be auto.

Looking at Volvo V40 Cross Country, the all new Nissan Quashai (though not available until 1st Feb), and Subaru XV.

Have a budget of £25k but must be auto.

Anyway, let's hope that Skoda come up trumps and deliver, as set my heart on the FL Yeti. Funny thing is, I first ordered a 140 4x4 SE then changed to the 1.2TSI Elegance. Perhaps had I stayed with the SE, may not now have a potential delivery issue.

Pretty much the same as my requirements as the good lady has decided we shall be only having automatics going forward.

Have a look at the mazda CX5, i think it is a nicer vehicle to look at than the subaru and is a nice drive.

I'm waiting to see what the new QQ looks like as that is also a possibility.

Skoda UK are now on the case so maybe things will get sorted - at least I'm more optimistic than via the dealer. This morning's conversation indicated concern that his had happened and I've been given the case number. But what if I hadn't rung the dealer yesterday? When would someon ehave told me?

What exactly has Skoda UK said is the problem?

What exactly has Skoda UK said is the problem?

They haven't said anything yet - seem as bemused as me. Hence a man has gone to investigate. Will update when I know more.

To those of us who waited 6 months or more for delivery in the early days of Yeti pre-FL, being bumped from week 47 to week 3 doesn't seem much of a big deal! If you have decided you really want a Yeti, what's the problem with waiting another 8 weeks? I fear we're all becoming victims of the 'I want it now' society.

• Like 1