VW 1.7 million recall 7 speed DSG

kibby

Just spotted VW TO RECALL 1.7 MILL cars to change oil in 7 speed double clutch boxes

due to electrical fault caused by synthetic oil. The oil is to be changed to mineral type.

50% of recall is China and Model affected is a bit vague. Recall to start from 25th Nov.

Just spotted VW TO RECALL 1.7 MILL cars to change oil in 7 speed double clutch boxes

due to electrical fault caused by synthetic oil. The oil is to be changed to mineral type.

50% of recall is China and Model affected is a bit vague. Recall to start from 25th Nov.

Oil filled seven speed dsg? So not relevant to the Yeti then presumably.

So why recall 7 speed then? Assuming wet means oil.

Suppose it has oil in it somewhere...time will tell on details.

Edited by kibby

Because they've identified a fault I guess. Can't think where Skoda use that application of box though. Only car I've been in with one was a new Tiguan but I can't believe they've sold that many of that gearbox as its a new box! Maybe its the 200 spec box as per the Fabia VRS and 1.2tsi yeti and they use the fluid outside of the clutch pack?

The Daily Fail says more than the 'Volkswagen Audi Group' seem capable of clearly putting on some website or in Newspaper Adverts.

Say clearly what actual cars/vehicles with what problems Gearbox/Clutches, Lights, Fuses or whatever.

clearly and relevant to Europe/UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507401/Volkswagen-recall-cars-worldwide-gearbox-light-fuses.html

According to Swedish media this European recall is for all Volkswagen Group cars delivered with the DSG7 gearbox including Skoda as well. Here it will not be handled as a true recall, instead we will get the gearbox oil change when performing other services at the Volksvagen Group garage. At least what we know now ...

Have a nice Sunday evening!

To clarify the differences in the DCT Transmissions:

DQ200 from 2007

250Nm Torque

7 Speed

Dual Dry Clutch

73kg

1.7 litres Manual Trans fluid (MTF) for Gears

1.5 litres Hydraulic oil for mechatronic unit (Actuators)

91% average efficiency

DQ250 from 2003

350Nm Torque

6 Speed

Dual Wet Clutch

80kg

6.5 litres Automatic Trans fluid (ATF) for Gears & Clutches & Actuators

85% average efficiency

Hi!

According to a contact at Skoda in Sweden 3500 cars are affected here by the DSG7 recall and it will be handled as a service update so no separate appointment to just take care of this but instead it will be done when other service appointments are taken care of. Now, I can hardly see that this number cover all DSG7 equipped cars manufactured by Skoda and sold here even though that is more of a gut feeling than hard fact. Any ideas if it is possible that this apply to older models and that later cars are not affected? So far the Skoda dealers seem to know very little about this specific recall and here they will not start with it until Q1 2014. They couldn´t even find out if the recall were about the gearbox oil or the hydraulic fluid in the Mechatronic which I believe it is ...

... and yes, I will keep my posts regarding this topic in this thread ... from now on.

Have a nice evening!

It's not just clutches though, also leaking fuel lines, which may or may not explain the Golf VII I saw with a bonnet/ front end fire a few months back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24940238

1'04", it's a 13 plate Golf on the A338 I passed when going to the airport.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=436750803090917&set=vb.414285742004090&type=2&theater

If the Fabia MK2 vRS are sold in Sweden, then their DSG 'DQ 200', 7 Speed Dry Clutch to suit the 118 kw -136 kw 1.4TSI engine is not part of a recall.

Hi George, thanks for the info!

Why should the Fabia MK2 vRS DQ200 not be part of the recall? Different revision or ...?

Sealed for life oil,  some have clutch problems.  that problems get new clutches

they will be replacing gearboxes if they have the wrong oil, not replacing oil.

Different DQ200 for different applications. engine output.

Hi again!

I think we see things differently here ...

"Sealed for life ..:"

Well, they do not need any oil change during its life time but they are not welded together and completely impossible to open up ... Nor are they hermetically sealed ...

"Different DQ200 for different applications. engine output."

I understand that they use the same DQ200 and the different cases mentioned in the link are just the issues you might encounter with each of the engines and then they describe the different actions they apply for each of the engine and transmission combinations. It could be that clutch packs differ depending of car and/or engine they go in to but I am not sure.

This is how I understand it ...

Have a nice evening!