Breaking in

Last night my car was broken in to. My brother's car was too. Now here's the wierd bit, there was NO damage to either of the cars but both driver doors were pushed too and both boots weren't shut either. I know my car was locked because after the last time I used it, last night, I took my bmx out of the boot, locked the car then checked it and it didn't open, so I'm real confused.

Can anyone help give me some help?

Sorry forgot the important bit! Haha, my car is a 2004 Octavia VRS and my brother's car is a 2009 Mitsubishi Colt, I've asked on cztoc.co.uk to see if they can help with the Colt. I'm not sure why they'd go to all the trouble of getting in to both cars for an incredibly old Samsung mobile, I'm talking monophonic ringtones and a green screen, and the front & remote control for my stereo

Edited by stresszilla

Sounds like a scanner has been used to unlock the car

Not possible, even on the MK1 Octavia since it uses a rolling code on the key press. Once that code has been used, next time the code will be different and the old one cannot be reused. This is why if you press the key buttons enough times whilst away from the car,  it stops being unable to lock/unlock the car.

Don't forget the MK1 vRS had no alarm as standard, so if someone breaks in then you'll not know about it.

All the doors are deadlocked, so the only non deadlocked door is the tailgate. I am not sure though how easy the tailgate locks on both cars are to get around.

I wouldn't say so Raf, no one in the household is dedicated enough to go out and play a joke in these nightly temperatures. Also, my aux cable was found in a puddle about 10 feet away from my car, so I would guess no wind up.

Doesn't sound like anyone is getting in without a key, but I'm still confused as to how they got in without damaging the cars

I always make sure it's locked every time I take my bmx out of my car, which is virtually everyday, BrownBarge. It's something that I always check because I don't like the thought of other people getting their hands on my stuff, the same with most people.

Back in the day...

I used to unlock other "Austin" cars..was easy.

I used to unlock my dads mg meastro with my mates allegro keys..

Never tried other VAG keys ..in other VAGs...