Yeti FL spotted...

Sidevalve_Minor

...today, at the very back of the back of SMC Skoda, Exeter. It was next to an identically (I think) finished "old" model, both covered in transport protection film. The sales manager told me that two customers had ordered within days of each other and that one of the last "old" and one of the first FL models had turned up. 

He said that as it wasn't officially available yet and as I had seen it, he had to kill me. 

S_M

• Like 1

Agree!

Who would have thought that round fog lights could divide opinion so much, when the rest of the car is 99% the same.

As I've mentioned before, it's a similar debate to the one between the Bug-eyed Sprite and the Spridget (Sprite/Midget cross) back in oh-God-was-it-really-that-long-ago!?!!!  The old Sprite, with round headlights set high in the wing, is the 'more collectable' classic now I believe. 

I read this as RIP Sidevalve Minor who was going to be  'exterminated' by the dealer?!

So did I, but I managed to escape through a rift in the space/time continuum.

I have to admit that I think loosing the "eyes" is wrong, but seeing the FL in the flesh so to speak, I didn't miss them as much as I had been expecting, it still overall looks like a Yeti.

• Like 1

Just been down to my dealers (Sherlodge) and noticed that they have a new FL on their lot. It's a L&K 170 4x4 Outdoor in metallic Bronze.

It doesn't look at all bad, in fact it looks a lot better than some of the early images would have you believe. :thumbup:

• Like 3

They seem to be turning up at dealers now. I just can't help but think they've lost the design integrity. At the front you have strong angles on the bumper and headlamps but still have all the curves going on around the window line and rear lamps etc A real shame IMO and for the first time ever I'd have considered sticking with the Yeti (same car twice) on the FL if it would have looked nicer to my eyes. And there's minimal improvements elsewhere where it was needed - engines (affecting performance, economy, emissions) etc. i also wonder if they've brought back the nice bits that were stripped out in MY 2011 like the carpeted boot sides? (I've not been able to get inside an FL yet) Just like the Octavia mk 2 fl they've removed any character with this FL IMO. :(

• Like 1

They seem to be turning up at dealers now. I just can't help but think they've lost the design integrity. At the front you have strong angles on the bumper and headlamps but still have all the curves going on around the window line and rear lamps etc A real shame IMO and for the first time ever I'd have considered sticking with the Yeti (same car twice) on the FL if it would have looked nicer to my eyes. And there's minimal improvements elsewhere where it was needed - engines (affecting performance, economy, emissions) etc. i also wonder if they've brought back the nice bits that were stripped out in MY 2011 like the carpeted boot sides? (I've not been able to get inside an FL yet) Just like the Octavia mk 2 fl they've removed any character with this FL IMO. :(

A bit harsh Yeti_Man. Best to reserve comments until you have seen one in the flesh like yetikent.

A bit harsh Yeti_Man. Best to reserve comments until you have seen one in the flash like yetikent.

apologies if you thought my comments 'harsh', that's simply my view. I had a proper look over one earlier today - a silver outdoor that's turned up for a customer earlier than expected (not even pdi'ed) and shouldn't have been around it really. I wouldn't make comments as above if I hadn't actually seen one. :)
  • Like 1

As I've mentioned before, it's a similar debate to the one between the Bug-eyed Sprite and the Spridget (Sprite/Midget cross) back in oh-God-was-it-really-that-long-ago!?!!!  The old Sprite, with round headlights set high in the wing, is the 'more collectable' classic now I believe. 

The first car I bought was a frog eyed sprite, maybe the last car I own will be my current snow moster. Time will tell.

PS. Learned to drive in a 1935 wolseley wasp

apologies if you thought my comments 'harsh', that's simply my view. I had a proper look over one earlier today - a silver outdoor that's turned up for a customer earlier than expected (not even pdi'ed) and shouldn't have been around it really. I wouldn't make comments as above if I hadn't actually seen one. :)

That's fine then Yeti_Man, but you did not state that you had seen one in person in your original comment.

This will be my 2nd Yeti, so it is not that I thought that the old style was bad, but I just prefer the FL, and the improved options.

That's fine then Yeti_Man, but you did not state that you had seen one in person in your original comment.

This will be my 2nd Yeti, so it is not that I thought that the old style was bad, but I just prefer the FL, and the improved options.

I stated that they appeared to be turning up at dealers now, I didnt realise I had to state Id actually seen it up close, it was just a general comment on my opinion of what they've done to the styling, no more and certainly not meant to be taken as a dig for anyone thats considering one. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ive certainly owned some cars that others have been slated in terms of their aesthetics - my current Yeti being one of them. But thats their view and I respect that. :)

• Like 1