Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

It has the sunset glass actually.

Image from the side attached, all images with mobilephone camera so not the highest quality im afraid.

8.jpg

• Like 1

Love the black vRS. Have you pictures from side on to see how the car sits on the 19" wheels. Just want to judge whether Eibachs are needed

That would be a 'Yes'.

I am really in two minds about these wheels. They look great but the difference of an inch seems to make it 'look' even higher off the ground....?

Image from the side attached, all images with mobilephone camera so not the highest quality im afraid.

8.jpg

Damn. I thought the sunset looked much darker than that. Worried it's not dark on the black paintwork..... :sweat:

8.jpg

Looks stunning in the black, but must agree with bitchi, it does appear to make it look higher off the ground… I would say to the extent of an Audi All-Road!

Brochure and marketing pics are some way off what the car you receive actually looks like in real life (stance-wise)… and unless you've got a really heavy family or fill your car with concrete blocks it's something that needs tweaking!

I've already got the H&R springs ready to go on… just need the car to turn up.

Have to agree Nookie. Love the wheels but that sits WAY too high in afraid. Slightly hesitant to put lowering springs on though as the so-called approved Eibachs I had on my mk2 facelift vRS led to huge uneven wear on the tyres and then 3 leaking shocks after a while.

At least Skoda covered the repairs due to the fact the springs were optional at the time.

Looks stunning in the black, but must agree with bitchi, it does appear to make it look higher off the ground… I would say to the extent of an Audi All-Road!

Brochure and marketing pics are some way off what the car you receive actually looks like in real life (stance-wise)… and unless you've got a really heavy family or fill your car with concrete blocks it's something that needs tweaking!

I've already got the H&R springs ready to go on… just need the car to turn up.

Yeah the pictures at skoda's dealers of the really low vrs with the Extreme alloys is quite low compared to what you acctually get in the end.

I don't get the feeling the car sits to high when you see it "irl", don't know if I would lower it because it drives quite nice right now!

The superb we have (for a week more) is barely more comfortable than this car, and the octavia feels quiteter inside at highway speeds than the superb, the last one might be the "this new car is awesome" setting in my mind though :)

Will agree that when I test drove the car at my local dealers, although it looked high, it didn't feel like it when driving and handled superbly (no cross reference or pun there).

It's a difficult one… and there's an obvious trade off whichever way you go I think.

All that said… as mentioned before the car looks stunning… enjoy… just can't wait for mine to arrive (6 months + 1 week since ordering and supposedly being built next week).

Finally its my turn to post a pic of my VRS tsi, just two for now as we are packing for a trip at the moment, all I can say is wow!! it was worth the wait, it can really get down the road in a hurry...

More later...

post-114562-0-80869800-1401136909_thumb.jpg

post-114562-0-47382900-1401136930_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Here's my Batmobile!!

Funnily enough, that's what I've started referring to mine as (can't imagine why, big black mean looking car and all)... anyway, it got me thinking, I wonder if someone could make seats with yellow inserts (instead of grey or red)...  :D

Diffuser looks good, but it doesn't look the same as the one on the Milotec website. IMO it looks better than the Milotec because it doesn't have the flutes in the middle. What make is yours?

this is it > link here

privacy glass really is dreadful, dont bother... its hardly private and is no where near as tinted as other manufacturers...

Skoda don't describe it as privacy glass - they describe it as sunset glass (is that glass that makes it look like sunset all the time?).

• Like 1

Skoda don't describe it as privacy glass - they describe it as sunset glass (is that glass that makes it look like sunset all the time?).

Beat me to it. It's not advertised as a dark tint

• Like 1

The sunset glass is fairly dark in my opinion, having seen my car today. It's not as dark as some manufacturers granted but I prefer it as the difference between the front and rear side windows isn't to stark then

Picked up my 1.4 TSI DSG7 Elegance Combi today (ordered mid-December)

2014 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI DSG7 Elegance Combi

Extras: 18" Golus, Amundsen, sport suspension, sunset, removable towbar, bluetooth for phone, leather multi-function steering wheel with DSG paddles, bi-xenon with AFS and LED, power boot, ACC/FA, driving mode selection, foldable/heated mirrors, heated sprinklers (had to remove heated windscreen due to extensive delays), parking sensors front/rear, TPM

• Like 3