Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Here is mine in Race Green! I've had the roof wrapped in gloss black now, had to be done as it looked odd with the panoramic roof and black roof bars.

SkodaEdit1.jpg

Personally I wouldn't declare anymore mods, especially when your car is sitting right outside the dealers with full reg on display, just a friendly bit of advice as I have experience of that particular dealer!

Has anyone got one in laser white, yet? Flicked through here and couldn't see any... I've just placed an order for a Greenline 3 estate in laser white (fancied a change after a succession of red cars, and though I think the red vrs looks good, didn't seem to look as good on the green machine). Going to keep an eye on this thread while I wait!

Talking about colors, is denim blue one ot the rarest?

Since it is not available on the VRS and most people here are showing of their VRS's, there's not a lot of them in this thread.

Mine is here though.

If you're keeping the Xtreme's, I would suggest a set of these http://www.h-r.com/en/trak-wheel-spacers.html (hub-centric of course).

Assuming that the Xtreme's are 7.5Jx19 and are the same offset as the Gemini's (ET51), I would suggest perhaps 8-10mm on the front and 18mm on the back.

Any good H&R supplier should be able to offer professional guidance on the best type to use.

On my MY2012 MKII Octavia Combi (which is not a vRS, but is fitted with the Skoda sports suspension option which is 15mm lower than standard) I changed the wheels and increased the overall outer rim to outer rim width by 26.71mm (13.355mm further outward on each wheel) and it made a huge difference to the cars appearance, so I think you'll be surprised at just how much better the car will look with something like 18mm spacers on the rear.

Doesn't sound like a lot, but sometimes 'less' is actually 'more'!!!

At the time I ordered (December last year) the Xtreme 19" wasn't an option for the UK market, otherwise it would have been my first choice of wheel, to which I would have fitted spacers.

Just got installed 12mm in front 20mm in back. Hub-centric h-r ofcourse. I'm totally amazed how this changes the look of the car combined with 19" xtreme wheels i totally recommend this to anyone.  

Edited by maqio

Just got installed 12mm in front 20mm in back. Hub-centric h-r ofcourse. I'm totally amazed how this changes the look of the car combined with 19" xtreme wheels i totally recommend this to anyone.  

Good choice… and as you state it's amazing how much this seemingly small change in track width can make to a vehicle.

The other positive is that moving the wheels outwards towards the arches can often appear to reduce the gap around the wheels (another issue I find with the MKIII Octavias).

Do you find the extra track width has changed the feel of the car in any way (less body roll, more positive steering into the corners)?

Have you lowered the car Maqio? Any pictures?

No tha car is not lowered, i was thinking about that but after adding the spacers it doesn't make sense. I'll make some pictures tomorrow to share the result :)

• Like 1

Good choice… and as you state it's amazing how much this seemingly small change in track width can make to a vehicle.

The other positive is that moving the wheels outwards towards the arches can often appear to reduce the gap around the wheels (another issue I find with the MKIII Octavias).

Do you find the extra track width has changed the feel of the car in any way (less body roll, more positive steering into the corners)?

hard to say if it's real difference OR the car feels less bouncy after, i think i need to make more KM with it.

Pics please !

No issues with tyres clearances on full lock ?

Are the xtremes the same width and et as the stock 18" wheels ?

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the pictures although do get slightly concerned about hub wear with spacers even with hub centric spacers.

I don't have any obvious mathematical formula in proof of this, but with the wheel hub already offset 51mm from the centre line of the rim, a 20mm spacer (reducing the offset to 31mm) is unlikely to make any difference whatsoever, and I'll stick my neck out and say it's actually more likely to increase the life of the bearing by bringing the centre line of the wheel more centrally over the hub.

Technically, it depends how far back the contact point between the bearing race and hub seat is from the hub (wheel mounting) face, but I would say 31mm is more likely to be central to this than 51mm.

That aside, the wear on the hub bearing will always also be dependant on load, suspension position, driving style and road conditions… so not even close to being something to be concerned about.

If you've ever watched that programme with the two guys in London (Leepu and Bernie in 'Chop Shop') where they're fitting up to 150mm spacers on a car and then thrashing it at 70-80mph over a piece of rough ground… that's when you want to be concerned about hub wear from using spacers! 

Got this car for a week now, helping the counts on metal grey :) The little Abarth sits unused for now.

Please more photos. Exact spec I ordered (hoping though I get to swap my stock wheels to these grey ones!) glass roof too

Ok, so here are the pics with 12/20 mm spacers installed. Not the best ones, but i didn't have time to make better ones :(

Major difference… and looks perfect in relation to the wheel arches.

Nice!!!

Maybe some of you know this car. It is not mine but i like it a lot. 

The car is wrapped and it sits on 8.5x20 ET 45 alloys.

Something different for a change:

post-50837-0-93329000-1404916603_thumb.jpg

post-50837-0-74239900-1404916614_thumb.jpg

post-50837-0-00007800-1404916637_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Please more photos. Exact spec I ordered (hoping though I get to swap my stock wheels to these grey ones!) glass roof too

No glass roof for me I'm afraid, webasto heater instead:) Can't seem to get any good pictures, this colour is strange, sometimes it has a greenish tone to it, sometimes blue, sometimes even brown. Lack of a good camera too.

Off to the garage not, have to make room for the abarth, it is in dear need of a rear brake overhaul.