Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Finally got around to debadging it. Hairdryer, dental floss and acetone followed by a quick polish. Much better!

got the dealer to do mine, and its so worth it, apart from some guy in the motor trade who thought it was a Vauxhall.... I mean Vauxhall!!!!! as if!!!!!

• Like 2

Finally got around to debadging it. Hairdryer, dental floss and acetone followed by a quick polish. Much better!

OK, I've since read that you should NOT use acetone on paint. So, future people reading about debadging, do more research than I did. So far -- touch wood -- everything looks ok on my paint (I only used a very small amount) but from everything I've read since acetone is pretty aggressive. 

Hmm, Im not too far from Brizzle, and although Ive only had the car three weeks, a  third clean is in order, however a clean would disrupt the potato crop ive got growing down the flanks.... Is it me or is this year the dirtiest the roads have ever been?

Car looks smashing... Is the rear window edge tinting standard?

• Like 1

Yep, the shininess lasted til about 20 feet up the road before the car was brown again!

Window tinting is just the optional Sunset Glass.

Yep, the shininess lasted til about 20 feet up the road before the car was brown again!

Window tinting is just the optional Sunset Glass.

ah!! its the b pillar I can see through the rear windscreen!!!!, it looked like edge tinting where it was lined up so well on the rear view... impressive mistake as I have sunset too

Hmm, Im not too far from Brizzle, and although Ive only had the car three weeks, a  third clean is in order, however a clean would disrupt the potato crop ive got growing down the flanks.... Is it me or is this year the dirtiest the roads have ever been?

Car looks smashing... Is the rear window edge tinting standard?

I'm from 6 finger land too, yours a black Octy estate? Think I've seen it going through Lydney, looked very clean and new, I'm in a white and black Monte :)

I'm from 6 finger land too, yours a black Octy estate? Think I've seen it going through Lydney, looked very clean and new, I'm in a white and black Monte :)

Im mitcheldean, but do drive through Lyndey, a lot.... was clean, did north of the district, now red muddy yet again... I don't have six fingers, just the webbed toes.. :D

Good to see a fellow Briskodian today to catch up. Both cars are lowered on Eibachs and look the business even if mine does need a proper good clean

84C50693-E483-4D47-8621-3EA634212FF1_zps

65ACEE2C-E8AE-4F59-B68A-D8F569CA64AD_zps

Are you kidding, try driving round rural Gloucestershire to need a good clean, yours both look immaculate!!!!!

• Like 1

Second on that one, it's so bad! I've gone through so much washer fluid too because of the salt.

I did jet wash it on the way to meet up but close up it has a second skin of grime. Had I have posted a pic pre the jet you would have asked how much it was to get the Xtremes and calipers painted black! I think the race blue does carry grime betyer than most colours.

Side question, does anyone else think the vRS gets through washer fluid quickly? Not sure whether it's due to the headlight washers being used too but mine seems to drink it up.

I did jet wash it on the way to meet up but close up it has a second skin of grime. Had I have posted a pic pre the jet you would have asked how much it was to get the Xtremes and calipers painted black! I think the race blue does carry grime betyer than most colours.

Side question, does anyone else think the vRS gets through washer fluid quickly? Not sure whether it's due to the headlight washers being used too but mine seems to drink it up.

Yes I get through a lot of washer fluid, and it's due to the headlight washers. After every 10 squirts of the standard wiper spraying the headlight washers are then activated. Some guy at the Skoda garage told me this. It 'apparently' works after certain amount of miles too, if you haven't used the wipers for a bit.

So yeah, pretty much all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk