Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Interested to get another picture of the black stripes on the side and around the front bumper. Looks great!

It had to rain on day 1 - here are the pictures with the dirt -_-

post-139753-0-39742100-1456907939_thumb.jpg

post-139753-0-49297000-1456907955_thumb.jpg

post-139753-0-45024100-1456907970_thumb.jpg

What I didn't say......I b****y love it :-)

Edited by TrevsieB
  • Like 2

Loving all of the pics and forum - making me wish away the time until my estate is delivered in July! It's a company car, so went for the diesel in racing blue, with the black package plus amongst a raft of other options.

Was considering the Mazda 6 sport nav tourer or VW Passat GT as alternatives, but engine and viable options (in terms of lease budget) made me sway with the Skoda. Also prefer it's more agressive (IMO) looks and stance.

Here is a pic of the same colour/spec car I will be getting in late June/early July - can't wait!! Even before I chose the car, it always made me look twice.

Spec includes Bluetooth + (interested to hear if this works as my Vodafone signal can be awful driving around my region of work?), Canton sound system, electric boot, heated front seats, parking sensors (all round), black design package plus and heated/folding wing mirrors. Main option I wish I had pushed (bizarrely lease company said I couldn't have it) was the heated screen.

Haven't test driven one, but having had an A4 avant and Passat previously, I can't see it being bad! Was considering the Mazda 6 sport nav tourer (175bhp) or VW Passat GT (150bhp) as alternatives, but the engine in main plus the viable options (in terms of lease budget) made me sway with the Skoda. I also prefer the more aggressive (IMO) looks and stance of the vRS. 

media

• Like 1

Here is a pic of the same colour/spec car I will be getting in late June/early July - can't wait!! Even before I chose the car, it always made me look twice.

Spec includes Bluetooth + (interested to hear if this works as my Vodafone signal can be awful driving around my region of work?), Canton sound system, electric boot, heated front seats, parking sensors (all round), black design package plus and heated/folding wing mirrors. Main option I wish I had pushed (bizarrely lease company said I couldn't have it) was the heated screen.

Haven't test driven one, but having had an A4 avant and Passat previously, I can't see it being bad! Was considering the Mazda 6 sport nav tourer (175bhp) or VW Passat GT (150bhp) as alternatives, but the engine in main plus the viable options (in terms of lease budget) made me sway with the Skoda. I also prefer the more aggressive (IMO) looks and stance of the vRS. 

The race blue sure does look nice in the flesh, everyone compliments the colour, but I am also Biased. 

• Like 1

How come so long??

I keep seeing vRS's since I bought mine.

Only the first day of driving home I saw a Race Blue vRS but a 64 plate, have seen about 2 Fabia's and 5 Octavia vRS's since.

Do you mind me asking where you're going for the ceramic coating?

That looks very clean.

Another Cork man!

I'm going to D&D Detailing, they're on the old Mallow Road near Blackpool shopping centre. Two really good guys. I'm very, very picky and I trust them totally with my cars.

http://dnddetailing.ie

Another Cork man!

I'm going to D&D Detailing, they're on the old Mallow Road near Blackpool shopping centre. Two really good guys. I'm very, very picky and I trust them totally with my cars.

http://dnddetailing.ie

But more importantly, which ceramic coat are you getting and what paint prep will they be doing?

This is from a brand new skoda, which is worrying. Would need a 2 stage paint correction, and it's straight out the box

post-135462-0-72510600-1457212951_thumb.png

Edited by village

But more importantly, which ceramic coat are you getting and what pain prep will they be doing?

This is from a brand new skoda, which is worrying,

Well the prep I assume will be wash, de-tar, deionise, clay. They'll be doing a light correction on the car - I've never let anybody bar myself or a detailer (not a valetor) near my car and you really need to look to find any swirling. The car wasn't even prepped by the dealer - I gave strict orders not to touch it. Should take two days to complete.

I have the choice of a few coatings. It will either be carbon collective platinum or Cquartz UK. I haven't decided on the that just yet.

I wasn't trying to be a douche. I picked mine up on 1st and had it booked in at KDS for a new enhancement detail with gtechniq serum. I'd obviously expected no correction given it was new. I'm waiting on the report on paint quality but sounds unlikely it'll be good

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to be a douche. I picked mine up on 1st and had it booked in at KDS for a new enhancement detail with gtechniq serum. I'd obviously expected no correction given it was new. I'm waiting on the report on paint quality but sounds unlikely it'll be good

Just saw your pic as it wasn't there originally. Are you sure that hasn't had a repair? That can't be right. I hope they get that sorted for you. That's pretty poor. I have noticed two tiny lumps on my paint, like there was a speck of dust painted over on the bonnet and rear drivers side door. Got the paint thickness checked to be on the safe side but it just seems they don't make them like they used to.

I had qtechniq on a previous car - you won't be disappointed with it!

Just saw your pic as it wasn't there originally. Are you sure that hasn't had a repair? That can't be right. I hope they get that sorted for you. That's pretty poor. I have noticed two tiny lumps on my paint, like there was a speck of dust painted over on the bonnet and rear drivers side door. Got the paint thickness checked to be on the safe side but it just seems they don't make them like they used to.

I had qtechniq on a previous car - you won't be disappointed with it!

It's not actually a pic of my car, but it is a brand new skoda and not a repair. That micro mottling of the surface is caused by the out gassing process. It's pretty shoddy really.

It's not actually a pic of my car, but it is a brand new skoda and not a repair. That micro mottling of the surface is caused by the out gassing process. It's pretty shoddy really.

How on earth did that get through QC?? Not very reassuring!! I would certainly have rejected that car if it were mine!!!!

• Like 1