Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

i just bought a new Octavia 2.0 TDI Combi, DSG, Style.

I am looking into buying some 18" rims, but need to find the best size.

Is the original 18" rims ET48.

Almost everyone's rims sits too deep in for my taste. I would like them to be closer to the edge. 

Some of you have bought spacer to get them out and this looks very nice. 

So if you could post what Size your rims are eg 8*18 ET48, 8.5*18 ET45 etc...

If one has 8*18 ET45 and fitted 15mm spacers, then those rims should be the same as 8*18 ET30 right?

Would like to buy rims, without the need for spacers. They are expensive and not legal here in Denmark.

Thanks for a great forum. Nice to find so many people that just loves there cars.

Lars Kuhlmann

i just bought a new Octavia 2.0 TDI Combi, DSG, Style.

I am looking into buying some 18" rims, but need to find the best size.

Is the original 18" rims ET48.

Almost everyone's rims sits too deep in for my taste. I would like them to be closer to the edge. 

Some of you have bought spacer to get them out and this looks very nice. 

So if you could post what Size your rims are eg 8*18 ET48, 8.5*18 ET45 etc...

If one has 8*18 ET45 and fitted 15mm spacers, then those rims should be the same as 8*18 ET30 right?

Would like to buy rims, without the need for spacers. They are expensive and not legal here in Denmark.

Thanks for a great forum. Nice to find so many people that just loves there cars.

Lars Kuhlmann

Have you checked out the 'Aftermarket Wheels' thread?  Lots of info re; wheels, sizes etc on that thread.  I run 18x8 ET 42 Niche Targa rims, without spacers - front wheels sit pretty much perfectly flush with the edge of the guard, while the rear wheels sit about 2mm inside the line of the guard.  (There's a photo of my set up on the Aftermarket Wheels thread.)  Cheers.

Have you checked out the 'Aftermarket Wheels' thread?  Lots of info re; wheels, sizes etc on that thread.  I run 18x8 ET 42 Niche Targa rims, without spacers - front wheels sit pretty much perfectly flush with the edge of the guard, while the rear wheels sit about 2mm inside the line of the guard.  (There's a photo of my set up on the Aftermarket Wheels thread.)  Cheers.

No did not see that. 

So thank you very much for the hint.

Will check it out.

Edited by LarsKuhlmann

Can you guys please tell which white your Octavia is? It's usually impossible to tell from the photos.

I'm having difficulty deciding the color of my Combi RS. It seems very odd that there doesn't appear to be any moon white RS's around. Doesn't it suit the RS?

I'd love Candywhite, but then a metallic color (especially since it doesn't cost a dime extra) would be a bit better I think. Currently it is set to Quartz Grey, but... I'm not sure if I really like it or not.

• Like 1

Although mine is a hatchback in Quartz Grey, it still gives you an idea of how it looks.

IMHO, it is one of the best colours for the vRS; the others being Race Blue and Candy White, although there are a lot of both these colours here!

DSCN12431_zpsam69syvn.jpg

aee6774e-4b06-434e-8962-fa4d32207a4c_zps

• Like 2

Can you guys please tell which white your Octavia is? It's usually impossible to tell from the photos.

I'm having difficulty deciding the color of my Combi RS. It seems very odd that there doesn't appear to be any moon white RS's around. Doesn't it suit the RS?

I'd love Candywhite, but then a metallic color (especially since it doesn't cost a dime extra) would be a bit better I think. Currently it is set to Quartz Grey, but... I'm not sure if I really like it or not.

image_zpscxfld6oa.png

image_zpsvmooryke.png

Candy white with black pack

Edited by JaminWales
  • Like 2

I'm having difficulty deciding the color of my Combi RS. It seems very odd that there doesn't appear to be any moon white RS's around

Mine is a Moon White - look back on this thread for pics.

@fallenfbsd:

Please, pleeaase, take more photos of the silver RS pretty please...?

I just updated my RS to Moon White, but I'm very interested in the silver. But I won't change the color to silver without seeing it live first, and any pics (not really found in google) would help.

Picked up my nearly new vRS TSi hatchback in rio red metallic on Thursday. Haven't done many miles in it yet. Has the park assist but otherwise standard kit. Having it detailed and valeted on Tuesday ready for its first serious drive up to Stoke Park for my 40th on Sunday. Aftermarket tint and satnav are likely upgrades in the not too distant future.

Can't stop wandering outside with a cap of coffee to just stand and gaze at it. I'm in the minority but a huge fan of the colour. It's even drawn admiring looks from the F-Type owner next door!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Favourite colour for vRS liftback. More pics needed ;)

There's a long-standing tradition that photographs of Mk.3 Octavia L&Ks have to be taken in ASDA car parks and the car must be parked across a number of bays. For reasons past my comprehension, the local ASDA has been attracting more customers in the week since my car arrived. However, a miracle occurred today: the ASDA car park was unaccountably deserted....

So without further ado, here are the results. (Needless to say, the car was a better sitter than I am a photographer: it remained perfectly still during the taking of each shot.)

Perfect!Share more pics please, observing Turbines 18" wheels for my silver Octy...

@fallenfbsd:

Please, pleeaase, take more photos of the silver RS pretty please...?

I just updated my RS to Moon White, but I'm very interested in the silver. But I won't change the color to silver without seeing it live first, and any pics (not really found in google) would help.

Check page #44 for a silver vRS look.