Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

58 minutes ago, ukoldschool said:

As somebody that parks exactly like this can I offer a bit of knowledge on why? it certainly isn't because I'm a 'pillock'...

Most people drive without a passenger in the car, especially those that park at station car parks. By parking in this way (passenger door up against passenger door) you give both cars more space and room to open the drivers door, which reduces the risk of other people opening their doors onto yours. Yes, if either car happens to have a passenger they will have to wait for 30 seconds until the car is pulled out to get into the car, but for me that is a far more satisfactory result that parking in the middle (like a pillock IMO) and then coming back to a dent in your doors.

Makes sense?

A know it all that actually knows nothing :)

On 17/03/2018 at 12:39, ukoldschool said:

As somebody that parks exactly like this can I offer a bit of knowledge on why? it certainly isn't because I'm a 'pillock'...

Most people drive without a passenger in the car, especially those that park at station car parks. By parking in this way (passenger door up against passenger door) you give both cars more space and room to open the drivers door, which reduces the risk of other people opening their doors onto yours. Yes, if either car happens to have a passenger they will have to wait for 30 seconds until the car is pulled out to get into the car, but for me that is a far more satisfactory result that parking in the middle (like a pillock IMO) and then coming back to a dent in your doors.

Makes sense?

It only makes sense if you get it published in the Highway Code, and then embark on a multi million pound national TV advertising campaign to make every car user aware.

On 17/03/2018 at 12:39, ukoldschool said:

Makes sense?

No, because the person who does have a passenger will inevitably try to squeeze them  in without thinking about moving forward first, so you are more likely to get a dented door, not less. 

Here's our new baby. A VRS 230 estate which weve had for just over a week, and we love it. A towbar was fitted this morning, together with a set of mudflaps, and a few other odds and sodds. Cheers all, Dave and Jan 

received_10156329321877422.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Rolfman2000 said:

Here's our new baby. A VRS 230 estate which weve had for just over a week, and we love it. A towbar was fitted this morning, together with a set of mudflaps, and a few other odds and sodds. Cheers all, Dave and Jan 

received_10156329321877422.jpeg

Love the window shade :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Reddazforever said:

Love the window shade :biggrin:

It's done by a Facebook page called Pixar my car. I sent him/her a message at teatime with a picture, and it was back modified before I went to bed. Must admit, I like it. I might have another better one done when all my bits are fitted. Cheers, Dave W

• Thanks 1

40260557694_09a001598b_b.jpg

Long exposition of phone camera has hidden how much it was snowing. Photo was taken 15 minutes after temperament ride on not yet cleaned streets, like in the computer game "God mode" in the barely moving traffic. Quite a pity I haven't brought GoPro.

Kids in the back loved it! :D Not really sure who enjoyed more.

Lovely car.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nidza said:

40260557694_09a001598b_b.jpg

Long exposition of phone camera has hidden how much it was snowing. Photo was taken 15 minutes after temperament ride on not yet cleaned streets, like in the computer game "God mode" in the barely moving traffic. Quite a pity I haven't brought GoPro.

Kids in the back loved it! :D Not really sure who enjoyed more.

Lovely car.

See you guys get different alloys to UK cars.

2 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

spot of dynamic lighting after a quick detail...

20180320_190346.jpg

The VrS badge on the bonnet is nice. Did you have to take off the original badge before putting it on? Or does it go over the original badge?

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

See you guys get different alloys to UK cars.

This is the Seat Leon FR 18 inch rim for a winter set. Summer set car arrived with is same black 19 inch Xtremes you get in the U.K.. :)

35152728205_a391700163_b.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nidza said:

This is the Seat Leon FR 18 inch rim for a winter set. Summer set car arrived with is same black 19 inch Xtremes you get in the U.K.. :)

35152728205_a391700163_b.jpg

Cool I stand corrected by your superior knowledge. Had a nice holiday just outside Pula in Croatia 3 years ago, wife and I both loved it, wish we had taken the seaplane up the coast to Dubrovnik, hope I spelt that correctly.

• Like 1