'Cash is King!', Still is, simple as. Bankers work for you. simples.

Ootohere

If you have money, then keep cash money available.

Daily or weekly spending money, petrol, shopping, what you need.

Bigger sums, £1000 in the house or what ever.

We know you can not trust the banks, your debit or credit card to work,

Any Banking system can go down, so you know that.

Cold weather and blocked roads and Security Vans do not fill machines, so you sometimes can not get cash for days,

holiday weekends etc.

Since you get almost no interest on Current Accounts, why leave money in Banks,

Yes it is secure, so secure that sometimes you have no access to it.

Withdraw cash, stuff the banks, stuff the Bankers Bonuses, stuff the UK Economy,

Make bankers come back to the real world, 'They work for you, not you for them.

If they can not organise your Banking and your Money, & easy access to your money, then look after your own money.

george

• Like 3

Me too, if cash is king how come when yesterday I offered someone 140k cash

for a house worth 150k tops (As is)  that needs a new roof, boiler, kitchen, bathroom,  

damp proof course, plastering throughout, re decoration and new floorcoverings so a full

refurb in essence. He turned his nose up at it....?

You want everyone to keep cash in their houses? Not a very wise move! I've never once had trouble accessing my money at either a cash machine or paying by card.

What bank do you use? And what issues are you suffering?

Yes, the words house fire keep springing into my head for some reason????

It was in the news this morning, RBS customers couldn't use their cards etc yesterday

due to a software fail. Lots of people couldn't buy stuff online on the busiest shopping day  

of the year and may have missed discounts, others wouldn't have been able to pay

household bill and may have incurred charges..  

RBS has offered compensation for this though including provision for missed 

discounts shopping online. 

'Daily, Weekly Cash',  the kind all those muppets coming on the TV complaining they did not have the use of their cards last night.

'I had to walk home', We are hungry',  'We were embarrassed'.

Keep some money in the House if you want,

(even for £50 you might want it in a tin under the floorboards if Fire is a worry to you.  

Scots even keep a Fiver in an Nuclear proof vessel.)

If you want to pay over £9,000 cash say for a car at a Dealership i think that you are unlikely to do it often before 

the HMRC start asking.

Big Purchases, houses, Yachts etc, not really Daily Spending like in Subway, Mc D, Shell, Tesco etc.

Actually no i am not with RBS.

I always keep Cash available.

(Different notes in different pockets, remember what is where.

just like a Scrap Dealer does. you never have the right money then when someone gives you a price.

they need to take what you have or no deal.)

Several Christmas & New Year Periods here the Cash Machines fail or run out on the start of a Weekend.

Several recent years no Security Vans came in the Snow to fill machines.

* The Roads were Blocked/Closed!,  so we drove to the likes of Dundee to get money, that was on these Blocked Roads.*

I have also been in Filling Stations & Supermarkets waiting to pay when the Machines went down.

Actually Cash does not help then,

they can not Operate the Scanner or the till, you just have to walk away, if they do not want Cash Money.

george

If you want to pay over £9,000 cash say for a car at a Dealership i think that you are unlikely to do it often before 

the HMRC start asking.

Big Purchases, houses, Yachts etc, not really Daily Spending like in Subway, Mc D, Shell, Tesco etc.

For your reference, it's £5,000.

Not sure that's per pocket or a combination of all of them though if you are like a scrap dealer. :)

My mate with a Scrap Yard had one just like that, head like a bucket.

Born and grew up in the Scrap Yard, never house trained.

fastened on a long chain at night,  short chain during the day,  on to a Fiat 126 Body Shell.

It lived in the Car.

Very very friendly dog when the owners were about.

What some did not quite understand was that when he wanted he could pull the body shell across the muddy yard.

Someone that worked for a while in the Yard, stole the dog.

It was a frantic search to recover him before he killed a child, they did get it thankfully.

george

My comment was about car dealers, in response to your point about dealerships.

They don't like more than £5,000 in cash as they have to start doing extra work it seems.

We don't handle cash at all at work.

Which suits me fine as I don't have to trust 285 people...

What 'they' or who you deal with, Car Dealers, is a Location, Location, Location thing then,   'They don't like more than £5000 in cash'

But some do. and have no issues. 'Car Dealers', Car Dealerships Groups, different in many ways as we all know.

so nothing to do with HMRC or Money laundering,

i understand.

• Like 1

They as in car dealerships.

Not dealing with cash has some serious advantages.

Particularly when you have VAT and HMRC inspections.

All documented and all easy to track.

Just means a frigging big tax bill. :D

Anyhow, someone is selling something, needs money, hard up and Christmas, Bank Account not an option.

Private not business, or even a Business, you are buying they are selling.

Cash is King, stiil, can get you 'Much Cheapness' with face to face retail and wholesale,

As long as it belongs to Them and the money is yours, deal done.   Receipts, Invoices and Titles can be exchanged without anything unlawful,

Funny how the old ways, buying selling and barter can still work with Cash Money or Goods.

No 2.5% charges and the likes being paid on handling charges for the convenience of Plastic..

As long as the Bank of England and the promissory notes stay good, just some notes or coins in your pocket, easy peasy.

or we will need to start carrying Gold again.

If Your house burns down,

That Extra weeks wages kept at home will be safe hopefully, along with your Building and Contents 

insurance Policy, life insurance, bonds certificate etc in the Tin Box.

Lots more to cry over than a couple of hundred in Bank Notes, when your Home is destroyed.!!

george

Me too, if cash is king how come when yesterday I offered someone 140k cash

for a house worth 150k tops (As is)  that needs a new roof, boiler, kitchen, bathroom,  

damp proof course, plastering throughout, re decoration and new floorcoverings so a full

refurb in essence. He turned his nose up at it....?

Cash maybe King but greed is still God

• Like 1

I happen to agree with George, that keeping a certain amount of cash within reach is a sensible thing to do.

With the world so heavily reliant on electricity and so vunerable to blackouts which can come from so many forms, from man-made to astrological influences such as solar flares. Having cash would certainly help in the short term.

I've kept at least a £1000 in a safe in someone house that I trust 100% for a few years now. I don't like banks or the banking system fullstop, I don't like other people having more power and control over my own hard earned than me. I absolutely detest the idea of them making money from my money after what they did in 2008 and as far as I can tell are still doing to this day.

Look what happened to northern rock, look what happened in cyprus people through no fault of there own was one day told you cannot touch your own money, it's now property of the banks and the state. 

It would be great if enough people the world over started doing this, the banksters would start to sweat for sure. It may well be the best form of protest we can manage, as long as enough people joined together to hit where it really hurts.

Edited by theezenutz

what?  I am aware greed is one of the seven deadly sins but curious what you are trying to say?

Just that greed trumps everything. This world is predominantly ruled by money, it's the reason people stave to death or have no home to go to. It is pretty much behind everything in this world imo http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/leading-article/9088931/winter-fuel/

Money is the worlds most popular religion it been worshipped for centuries.

Here let KRS-ONE explain it better than I http://youtu.be/Yf9rsLy8mTk

Edited by theezenutz

Awa wi' ye, there's nae monie here! This is poverty row...

Aye, your quite right to keep some spondooliks aboot the hoose. I remember a year or two ago the holes-in-the-wall didn't work.

• Like 1