Sorry I would also much rather have an A6 Allroad if were talking not too much more a month on PCP.

I looked at an A6 but they were terrible on PCP because their value plummets like a stone.

My old one was my first taste of PCP, but at 1.1% it was daft not to do it.  I bought it after 4 years at the very conservative GFV knowing it would be at least that value for some time to come, and it was low mileage at under 40k.

With a largish deposit, and a £10k discount I was looking at under £280 a month if I had done PCP on the new one.  The GFV was about 33% of list after 4 years, but since I didn't pay list and the GFV is conservative I'm not really too concerned.  There's more than enough grunt with 245PS (or more) and I'm achieving over 40MPG actual (45 displayed) so I think I'll hang on to this one too.

Edited by Jeeves

I'm looking at £32,400.

There are a lot of very, very nice cars that can be had for that much money. For another 10% or so you can have a 330d Xdrive or a 3.0 XF!

Sadly unless the brokers and/or dealers come up with some fairly hefty discounts I don't think I'll be going from my Yeti to a Scout.

well been offered a good deal on a 320 x drive m-sport touring with leather / xenons

just waiting to see what skoda comes back with !.....on the scout

Would rather have the BM

Well, looking at the Config, the minimum spec I would settle for comes in at £31,300

Mentally I have an issue with going over £30,000 so I will need to talk nice to my stealer, see whether or not he's prepared to budge.

If not, original plan of dream vRS goes ahead.

The price issues you guys are having seems more related to the strength of the GBP than anything else.

It is of course easier to introduce a car with a higher price than to crank the price of an existing model.  Which is I think why other models are comparatively better buying.

If the discounts are on that sort of order then it'll be worth a look.

They are already actually, having posted that. Auto Ebid are already knocking £3500 off the DSG version - im sure drivethedeal will be better once they relist them. :)

Sadly because i lease my vehicles, the depreciation applied to the Scout is the same as any other Octavia Estate. So they monthly rentals are astronomical compared to say a standard Elegance 4x4. That's a shame, because we all know the resale values on a 3 yr old Scout are at least 30-40% higher than the normal estate. 

I can't justify in my head the same monthly rental as BMW 520d SE auto estate for a Skoda Scout :(

I'm looking at £32,400.

There are a lot of very, very nice cars that can be had for that much money. For another 10% or so you can have a 330d Xdrive or a 3.0 XF!

Sadly unless the brokers and/or dealers come up with some fairly hefty discounts I don't think I'll be going from my Yeti to a Scout.

You can get a 330d xDrive for less than 30k. Check drivethedeal.com

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Orangewheels

Skoda

Octavia estate

Auto

Spec your scout, mine came in at 34,899. Discounted to £30,400

Only today I received photos of my dealers white car....sorry if I offend anyone....naff colour.... His car same spec £35,600 loyalty discount £33700... Loyalty my arse, I've had 6 cars in 4 years from them for she who must be obayed and I ....

I sent them the quote , still looking like VRS for me.

Really must try harder if they want my business, can I just say.....I actually like the last edition better,on looks.

All the best, sorry if I've peeled anyone off,it is an opinion after all .

I sat in one at the weekend, lovely car, very comfortable.

Unfortunately once specced to anywhere near my vRS, it would come in at the thick end of 34k, too rich for me at the moment and the dealer didn't seem to be too willing to discount much, not that it would make any difference.

I will keep an eye on the second hand market in the months to come or I might just wait until the MK4 vRS. :)