My experience of a Hybrid fabia and modifying thoughts

ajs_vrs

It's not all about Grand Prix racing starts. The amount of pull you get in gear is unreal, the speedo just keeps climbing and climbing even through 4th and 5th gear.

my hybrid Ibiza beat an ST that had gone into the wrong lane to cut the queue at a set of lights :)

wouldn't bother with a hybrid now though - GTB of some description just make so much more sense to me

Edited by andypandypoos

my hybrid Ibiza beat an ST that had gone into the wrong lane to cut the queue at a set of lights :)

wouldn't bother with a hybrid now though - GTB of some description just make so much more sense to me

Haha I did this once too! He tried to beat us all and cut me up but I forced him into taking the right turning as he couldn't get passed.

• Like 1

But that would go completely against my point of owning a derv. The Fabia pulls whether is at 2000rpm or 5000rpm. The civil probably doesn't even get going until your well over 5000 rpm and has pretty much no torque.

I have thought about changing cars but realised it's got to be worth changing for and obviously be quicker.

FYI I actually have a hybrid pd150 fitted on mine along with the supporting mods and can confirm I am extremely happy. Also running a £900 clutch which is just as good.

What civic or similar car can return 45mpg average while running over 200bhp and cost £130 odd a year to tax?

Why would you worry about mpg when you spend £900 on a clutch and god knows what else to get 200bhp lol. Take a type r for a drive and you'll see what I mean Edited by jays

Why would you worry about mpg when you spend £900 on a clutch and god knows what else to get 200bhp lol. Take a type r for a drive and you'll see what I mean

what's so good about type R's I don't understand? People think they're some type of supercars, well their not, they handle really well yeh but they're not quick. I embarrassed one that bad that he pulled up next to me, his exact words were and I quote ' what the **** is in that it's rapid'. So no I won't take a civic type R out for a drive lol.
  • Like 2

Why would you worry about mpg when you spend £900 on a clutch and god knows what else to get 200bhp lol. Take a type r for a drive and you'll see what I mean

Because I can spend £900 on a clutch?

I don't drink or smoke so why shouldn't I. And the fact that I have a derv with more bhp and over twice as much torque makes it even more fun. Yet I can still comfortably say it costs me bigger all to run. £65 - £70 in fuel every couple of weeks or so. £130 off a year tax and £800 FC mods declared insurance :)

• Like 1

what's so good about type R's I don't understand? People think they're some type of supercars, well their not, they handle really well yeh but they're not quick. I embarrassed one that bad that he pulled up next to me, his exact words were and I quote ' what the **** is in that it's rapid'. So no I won't take a civic type R out for a drive lol.

Thank you! :) I had one up my arse a few weeks back, quick press of the pedal through 3rd gear off the next round about and I didn't see him after that.

Thank you! :) I had one up my arse a few weeks back, quick press of the pedal through 3rd gear off the next round about and I didn't see him after that.

ridiculous the amount of people on here that think CTR's are quicker than mapped fabia's mate it annoys me. Maybe on a standard 165bhp generic map but when it's a full custom map pushing 175+ bhp and literally twice as much torque the civic's just aren't quick enough.
  • Like 1

One day you'll wake up and smell the coffee until then just keep blowing the type rs, 4x4 imprezas,evos and Ferrari's away lol

never said anything about any cars other than the supercar Type R your talking about pal. My opinion is based on what I've experienced having a play which resulted in me embarrassing a Type R. Don't need to explain myself to you, take yourself over to a Civic forum if you love then that much and stop talking nonsense :)
  • Like 1

Haha I've heard it all now lol

civic type r's are crap. . blown many away in my vrs and mines less power than toms ..

Your acting like hes saying something thats not true when it completely is. .

Guest BigJase88

Oh no not the mapped fabia vrs ctr mumbo jumbo again!

My fabia rr'd at 173bhp against a stock ep3 civic yes there wasn't much in it until 80mph. But after 80 the stock turbo runs out of puff and the ctr romps ahead

Remeber not all ctr drivers can drive, same as not all fabia vrs drivers can drive properly

Ever thought about good tyres and a good right foot. Put some vredestein sportac 5 on fabia. Will grip like hell.

I used to always be spinning up in 2'nd and 3rd with Bridgestone protenza's now with these tyres its a different car. Seriously someone else try them. Very good tyre and amazing grip in wet too

Oh I have found these wonderful things called motorways !!! They have no traffic lights and no standing starts. Try wheel spinning when your on one ;)

Also alot comes down to the driver and to be honest the look on a loud vtec ten million rpm engine waking up everyone in a ten mile radius trying to pull away from your modest fabia diesel just whooshing along never gets boring ;)

Edited by fletch101
  • Like 3

not pub talk when I've proved it on the road 'bud'

Haven't had my car mapped yet, but I've owned both a CTR and Fabia. A mapped Fabia might very well be quicker in a straight line but even a fettled Fabia in the twisties will not get close to a standard Type-R, but that isn't the kind of car the Fabia is.

Plus the sound of a K20 =  :love:

As for the topic I wouldn't spend the money you need to spend on anything other than a stage 1 map on a Fabia, because it simply isn't worth it. But that's just my personal choice and have nothing against those who do because at the end of the day you pay your money you make your choice and provided it makes someone happy it's all good. 

Haven't had my car mapped yet, but I've owned both a CTR and Fabia. A mapped Fabia might very well be quicker in a straight line but even a fettled Fabia in the twisties will not get close to a standard Type-R, but that isn't the kind of car the Fabia is.

Plus the sound of a K20 = :love:

As for the topic I wouldn't spend the money you need to spend on anything other than a stage 1 map on a Fabia, because it simply isn't worth it. But that's just my personal choice and have nothing against those who do because at the end of the day you pay your money you make your choice and provided it makes someone happy it's all good.

couldnt agree more mate, Civic's are far superior handling wise than fabia's, even with a few mods a standard civic will handle better because that's what their made for, I'm just saying that they are not as fast as everyone thinks they are
  • Like 1