Why did you choose a Citigo?

Prog

While I wait for mine to be built, I'm curious to know what others' reasons are for choosing the Citigo.

As a working musician, I own and drive a big splitter van which isn't the most economical of vehicles and certainly not easy to park. I therefore decided that I need something small and economical for day to day running about.

I started out looking at used C1s, 107s and Aygos as I'd been impressed with a friend's, but all the reviews kept pointing me to the Skoda. I dismissed it at first thinking I couldn't possibly afford anything so new, but I then found out about the finance deal and put my order in on the same day as the test drive.  :happy:

Edited by Prog

I owned a Vx Signum diesel which did around the same mpg as the Citigo, I wanted something smaller but as economical so it fitted the bill perfectly.

There's just me and the missus so pointless having a big car again and the Citigo apart from the lack of steering wheels controls, cruise and electric rear windows is not far off the spec of the Signum, comfort is about the same too. Coupled with zero tax and cheaper insurance there just wasn't anything else out there that persuaded me to do a deal, apart from a Ford Fiesta but to get similar spec on a new one of those would have cost more than I could afford at the time.  

I'm a new driver (getting my new Elegance on Monday).

I didn't have a car in mind when I first looked around.

Initially, I looked for group 1 insurance and the NCAP safety figures.  This narrowed the field to the Citigo, Mii, Up! trio, the i10 and the Swift.

When looking at styling, prices and reviews, the field was narrowed down to the Citigo. 

The zero percent deal then prompted to me to order the car before I passed my test.

We had read all the reviews which said it was the best small car, which frankly I didn't believe test drive an Aygo and a Citigo on a miserable windy day and have to say the cars were like chalk and cheese! The Aygo at about the same cost was noisy and was blown about all over the place and felt like a small car. The Citigo was quiet and felt like a much bigger car to drive and was not really effected by the wind.

Also the Citigo had cruise control and heated seats, the wife was sold after saying "I don't want a Skoda", she won't be saying that again!

I wanted a car with individual electric window switches, no reach adjustment on steering wheel, no parcel shelf strings, no boot light, poor headlights, PID that doesn't work with our phones, difficult to select reverse gear, noisy transmission through normal use and many other reasons  :giggle:

However...................

The Citigo fit the bill perfectly !! It may have its foibles but as others have put I don't think you can find an easier, more fun car to drive than this little Skoda. 

I reckon the ride comfort is to do with the wheel placement - they couldn't get them much further towards the corners if they tried, I'm sure.  Wife is right though - it rides better than my Fabia (which she loved when I got it - she now says it's "crashy and woolly").

Wife wanted a small car that wasn't (!), came in an automatic (that does rather narrow the field when you get to smaller cars) and had good visibility and 5 doors that the 83 year old Mother In Law (her mum) can get into.  Plus ideally it had to "look cute".  Went looking for a Fabia TSI DSG (hens teeth), came out with the order for the Citigo.

Used to own a C1, wanted something of similar size that was still cheap to run, and was seriously looking at another c1 or a 107, completely on a whim was driving home one afternoon and wife spotted Skoda dealership and said lets have a look see what they've got. took the Citigo for a test drive and fell in love with it. Ordered one 2 weeks later :happy:.

• Like 1

I wanted something cheap and economical.

I only buy Skodas.

I wanted something more fun than my Fabia vRS mk2.

I saw the Sport model on the SUK website.

I bought one saving upwards of £200 every month not to mention the road fund cost.

• Like 2

I wanted something cheap and economical.

I only buy Skodas.

I wanted something more fun than my Fabia vRS mk2.

I saw the Sport model on the SUK website.

I bought one saving upwards of £200 every month not to mention the road fund cost.

Pretty much the same reasons...except wanting something more fun than my mk2 vRS

Not saying it's not more fun, it just wasn't in my reasoning :-)

Also like the sport, but was swayed by the elegance in the end....just got to wait for it be delivered now

I didn't (it's too slow and coarse when worked hard, which I'd need to do on regular trips up the A43) but I nearly did because it's better-looking than the up! or (especially) the Mii.  It's a masterpiece of packaging but I wish the engine had balance shafts.

Roger, Its one of those cars that over time, you learn to adjust your driving style a little when you need to...

If you keep momentum on hills, and keep it in optimum revs, it is surprisingly nippy for a 1.0

And its a pleasure on Motorways too