Black Magic OEM Build (Budget)

tunk

Ive got the CAI kit that goes down into the wing and i suffer no power loss. You can get a pipercross panel for the standard airbox to help it breath abit better :)

I think because it was noisy it gave the impression it was slower in performance than the original airbox. Like most things it was probably in my head. But regardless it wasn't for me because of the noise. I prefer a sleeper car as apposed to 'in her face'. It was fun though but long term, forget it.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Changed the ageing centre caps.

Popped thr centre cap out. Removed the top layer badgem cleaned off with some degreaser. Some new 55mm badges from eBay. I put some blobs of silicone as was unsure if the badges would stick on for the duration. 55mm badges but there were a slight gaps around the edge and you could see thr cream colour cap. Used a black sharpie to cover it up.

Posted Image

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing major to report. Had the wheels aligned as it wasnt done after the new track rod ends etc. Steering is spot on now. Weather was good today so fitted my armrest. Direct fit from eBay is said. Yeah right!! Had to cut away the plastic to fit. PITA job but feels great with the extra arm support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just one of the bay without its engine cover showing some silicone pipes. Whe I fitted the silicone breather pipe the car feels faster. Couldnt see a split on the original but it was gunked up.

Posted Image

Just the car...dirty!

Posted Image

Homebrew intake.

Parts:

- Heatshield £25 delivered. Search golf heatshield on ebay. You need the 80mm maf version so you can fit the large cone.

- 70mm to 90mm silicone reducer. About £10.

- Oem s2000 cone. I went for the K/N version £40.

- Hose clips x2. 70-90mm fit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They do a 70mm maf heat shield but that wont fit as you need to have the silicone fed thru the hole in order to fit the huge cone in.

I havent got a cold air feed yet but would imagine a 60x1000m feed off ebay would be sufficent feeding down to the bumper lower grill.

Update; New rear O/S caliper needed.

urury3aj.jpg

Going to give the car a once over tomorrow. Ill post the results.

Also need to give all the calipers another lick of paint at some point. Where can I get that paint?

• Like 1