Heated Mirrors Not Working?...

My heated mirrors seem not to be working on my new vRS, I am pushing the button up towards the heater icon, but nothing seems to work... should the icon illuminate? I am assuming all vRS come with heated mirrors as standard?

Can anyone advise?... Thanks

• Like 1

Nothing illuminates on mine, but they do clear after about a minute so seem to work. The first time I did it I thought it was strange but then looked in the mirror a minute later and it was clear.

Had fun trying to work out how the fog lights work on the way home tonight.

My heated mirrors seem not to be working on my new vRS, I am pushing the button up towards the heater icon, but nothing seems to work... should the icon illuminate? I am assuming all vRS come with heated mirrors as standard?

Can anyone advise?... Thanks

Pushing the button up? its twist till the dot lines up with the heater icon

Pushing the button up? its twist till the dot lines up with the heater icon

But the switch position should generally be in the central position unless you are adjusting your mirrors... so I assumed you should push the button down or up or something?... otherwise they would always be set to on... perhaps I should read the manual, but it is in the car... :think:

Rotate the knob so it points towards the top for mirror heating.

The actual movement of the switch is only when your adjusting the mirror position.

So I have to rotate away from the central position and back again... I'll try this then...

And don't forget to turn on the heater for the rear window. (at least, that's how works on all the other VAG vehicles i've previously owned)

Exterior mirrors heating works independently of the rear window heating.

• Like 1

I agree.

There are some questions that make me wonder. The OP may have faulty mirrors as they said they'd turned it correctly but other topics definitely need the reply, "go and read your manual..."

• Like 3

If the heating in the mirrors of my car is in fact faulty then, does that make me stupid...

You've already told us you're doing it wrong though so its very unlikely they're faulty.....

Here's a photo I took for you before I set off for work, this what the switch should look like when the heating is on:

Photo13-12-2013073908.jpg

Edited by Neily03
  • Like 1

Sorry Guys,I asked a question and yes I should have read the manual, but if you notice I asked the question very late last night and so I wasn't in my car to be able to visually reference the button!!! I have this morning realised that the button rotates round to the top and they do indeed work...

I can see I shall have to be cautious of what I ask on here as I didn't expect to be shot down in flames... :sweat:

Thank you to those who gave constructive advice.

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry mate as unfortunately there are some members on here who can't stop themselves - just ignore their comments as you will always get constructive postings from others. We all know there is a manual but a quick question on here might save having to resort to that.

I shall ignore any negative comments about this post so if you are tempted I wouldn't bother!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

My Mother say's if you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all. I would suggest this is even easier to achieve when you have to type a response as you can review before posting.

Be nice it's Christmas!!

• Like 2

The heated mirrors is very similar on the MK2, you have to turn the joystick anti clockwise towards the heated mirror symbol. As the OP states it was an off the cuff question.

The idea of the forum is to help and guide not point out other peoples incompetences, derogatory posts just scare off members.

Let's all play nicely.

• Like 3

Sorry Guys,I asked a question and yes I should have read the manual, but if you notice I asked the question very late last night and so I wasn't in my car to be able to visually reference the button!!! I have this morning realised that the button rotates round to the top and they do indeed work...

I can see I shall have to be cautious of what I ask on here as I didn't expect to be shot down in flames... :sweat:

Thank you to those who gave constructive advice.

I thought the same as you initially, that the heated mirrors weren't working, as on all my previous cars that had heated mirrors they came on with the heated rear window, without the need of a separate switch. Purely by chance I noticed the position on the mirror switch. The disadvantage is you can leave the heated mirrors switched on by accident.

As we marine engineers say, if at first you don't succeed try a bigger hammer. If all else fails read instructions.

How come there's a post missing between my #10 & #11 above.

There was one there this morning......

I assume it has been removed due to the slightly sarcastic tone of my response to the OPs (non-)problem.
As explained by the mod, the idea of the forum is not to point out the incompetencies of others so the post was removed. 
(Although I am not sure what that says about the mods view on the OPs competency to deal with the heated mirrors.)

I assume it has been removed due to the slightly sarcastic tone of my response to the OPs (non-)problem.
As explained by the mod, the idea of the forum is not to point out the incompetencies of others so the post was removed. 
(Although I am not sure what that says about the mods view on the OPs competency to deal with the heated mirrors.)

Do you actually have any worthwhile input regarding this matter... Other than to further insult one of the moderators!  :think:

Sorry but it was a question I genuinely required a (Friendly) response to, and the right people answered with help. You have openly admitted you was being sarcastic, so why the big surprise?...

No need to apologise.  Let's leave it there as I am not coming here to argue. I merely pointed out (albeit with a level of sarcasm that was taken a bit to serious by some) that this really isn't a complicated thing to work out. As mentioned by others, a quick glance at the manual (available to download through a link in this forum), would have enabled you to easily find the answer to your question.

Will try and cut down on the sarcasm.

No need to apologise. Let's leave it there as I am not coming here to argue. I merely pointed out (albeit with a level of sarcasm that was taken a bit to serious by some) that this really isn't a complicated thing to work out. As mentioned by others, a quick glance at the manual (available to download through a link in this forum), would have enabled you to easily find the answer to your question.

Will try and cut down on the sarcasm.

The spirit of the forum is to help others not chastise. Most members will happily help others regardless of whether it's in the manual or has been asked time and again.

It's what makes the forum so popular and separates Briskoda from a number of other forums out there.

Remember some are new to VAG and maybe used to other manufacturers ways if doing things which may differ to VAG models ;)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I couldn't work out the switch this morning to defrost wing mirrors..

Last thing I wanted to do is read the manual at 6.30am

Reading this topic, I should be ok tomorrow morning... 

thanks guys