Price increase !

If I'd managed to see a hatchback vRS in the flesh I might be ready to make the commitment but every dealer close to me has nothing but race blue estates!

Ha ha.  It took me a while to even find one of those.  Christ knows where all the cars on here are going, it's certainly not down my street or anywhere on my commute.

True! I tested a race blue estate, poked around a standard hatch and had to play spot the corrida red skoda of any sort for 2 weeks before finally seeing one in dulwich.    Placed my order now.... And waiting.

I was at the Letchworth dealers not long ago they did not have any of the new VRSs in, every thing they get thier hands on going straight out to customers.

Progress I take it?

Tell them to pull in another car from their Nottingham dealership for you to test drive. I drove their Nottingham dealership's diesel vRS before ordering it elsewhere (purely because the letchworth sales rep... Paul I believe... took one look at me and my partner and instantly decided we were tyre kickers)... Speak to the franchise manager, you will get a lot further a lot quicker :)

Edited by sniperpenguin

• Administrators

took one look at me and my partner and instantly decided we were tyre kickers)... Speak to the franchise manager, you will get a lot further a lot quicker :)

Friend did that, was decorating, got fed up went in rags to dealership. Was blanked by one, so he turned to another and got a fair response, he asked if they worked on commission, he response was yes.  I'll take it as is was Jon's.

He was pointing to a 65k Porsche.

Oh how I wish I was a fly on that wall.

Friend did that, was decorating, got fed up went in rags to dealership. Was blanked by one, so he turned to another and got a fair response, he asked if they worked on commission, he response was yes.  I'll take it as is was Jon's.

He was pointing to a 65k Porsche.

Oh how I wish I was a fly on that wall.

Strange creatures car salesmen.  Some years ago, a firm where I was doing contract work was sold to a US company.  The IT director (female, one of the original founders and a major shareholder) decided to celebrate by spending some of her millions on a car.  When she visited her local Mercedes dealership in Guildford wearing jeans they pretty much ignored her.  She ended up having to settle for a Jag XKR instead.

My Brother in Law had the Same experiance he's a Self employed builder ( done really well for himself over the years ) Popped into his local Merc dealership Sales people looked down their Noses at him, he was Wearing his work gear told them to go forth, Popped over the road to the Porsche dealership and brought himself a lovely 911 convertible.

I always look for the sales person selling least currently, that's the one that'll do the best deal because he'll push his sales manager hardest just to get his numbers up.

How do you know which one sells least, just look through the sales manager's office door (there's usually a bigwindow into the showroom too), there's a white board full of all the details, your only looking slyly whilst pretending to get a coffee or generally mooching. 

Put a mobile to your hear, pretend to be talking a call and no one will question you, phones don't work for women buyers though ! Why ? because men walk with a mobile, anywhere, everywhere just cause it mobile, women stand still, to focus, don't believe me, watch the smokers outside office blocks on phones, women stand, men pace, back & forth, round in circles anywhere they don't even know their doing it, its just human nature.

Regards

T

Put a mobile to your hear, pretend to be talking a call and no one will question you, phones don't work for women buyers though ! Why ? because men walk with a mobile, anywhere, everywhere just cause it mobile, women stand still, to focus, don't believe me, watch the smokers outside office blocks on phones, women stand, men pace, back & forth, round in circles anywhere they don't even know their doing it, its just human nature.

This is apparently due to men being hunter-gatherers. We focus better and are more alert when prowling.

Women on the other hand do tend to have a superior grasp of punctuation and spelling ;)

Wouldn't have surprised me a £4000 price increase, be a way of reducing orders for a while so the factory can catch up; mind knowing SUK they would leave it in place, even after things have calmed down :rofl:

On a more serious note, they should introduce a few more free colours before raising the cost of 'premium' paint further.

TP

Trust me, Skoda owners have nowt to worry about. With Mazda, the only non metallic colour you can get is white. Now that is taking the mickey. Its a bit like Ryanair. Our cars cost £20,000. Oh, but dont forget you have to pay extra for the paint. Id never get a Mazda purely on principle.