octavia vrs decat and down pipe

If you live in Birmingham, just get it booked in with a friend of my mates who runs a custom exhaust garage by the B.C.F.C ground, called rjperformance exhausts. I have got my vrs booked in Jan for a custom down pipe and decat. He charges £150 to do a down pipe and decat. I already have a cat back system on my car that was done by Jay, and I was chuffed with the results, even the local garage i use to work on my car have said what a brilliant job Jay done on it. 

As for power gains, I dont know tbh. I am having this done along with a few other bits (sfs tip - the big bore one, carbonio cai with ram air filter) before I have the car mapped by either rtech or shark :)

also what sort of power gains would I get ??

You'll not see any power gain at all without a remap, and don't throw the old exhaust away as your car will not pass an MOT without a cat.

A full decat will also mean driving around with the engine light on all the time, since the lambda probes will not detect any changes in the exhaust gases.

You'll not see any power gain at all without a remap, and don't throw the old exhaust away as your car will not pass an MOT without a cat.

A full decat will also mean driving around with the engine light on all the time, since the lambda probes will not detect any changes in the exhaust gases.

Very good point on the cat front, I am having mine made so I can easily swap the cat and decat over for MOT time which is good. 

As for the engine light issue after having the decat fitted, most people get a lambda sensor spacer fitted.

If you live in Birmingham, just get it booked in with a friend of my mates who runs a custom exhaust garage by the B.C.F.C ground, called rjperformance exhausts. I have got my vrs booked in Jan for a custom down pipe and decat. He charges £150 to do a down pipe and decat. I already have a cat back system on my car that was done by Jay, and I was chuffed with the results, even the local garage i use to work on my car have said what a brilliant job Jay done on it. 

As for power gains, I dont know tbh. I am having this done along with a few other bits (sfs tip - the big bore one, carbonio cai with ram air filter) before I have the car mapped by either rtech or shark :)

ive had a exhaust done from jay on me last 4 vrs's all with screamer kit ect sound good, my new one has a jetex catback but its got a leak from around the middle box and where it joins the cat. I can take the middle box out myself but as for the cat and down pipe im getting a new one for 60quid.

• Like 1

I fitted a golf decat down pipe and an O2 sensor spacer. Fitted ok and no fault code for cat eff threshold can't remember the exact P code. Now I'm battling the dreaded P0171 air leak code unrelated to decat just anothe vRS saga.

I fitted a golf decat down pipe and an O2 sensor spacer. Fitted ok and no fault code for cat eff threshold can't remember the exact P code. Now I'm battling the dreaded P0171 air leak code unrelated to decat just anothe vRS saga.

the codes and stuff are not a problem to me will just get it mapped out and are there any down sides to this mod >?

not really a problem either my dad works in a mot station ;)

So you don't mind your dad risking his license to MOT cars, the DVLA do conduct spot checks. With the current electronic recording of all results, should any anomalies be found in the test data your dad could lose his license or his job,

So you don't mind your dad risking his license to MOT cars, the DVLA do conduct spot checks. With the current electronic recording of all results, should any anomalies be found in the test data your dad could lose his license or his job,

like I said he works in a mot station never said hes the tester

like I said he works in a mot station never said hes the tester

You implied it though with the "  ;) ;) " - Anyone can see that.you were implying using a different car for the emissions test.....

Your feet must be getting a little warm standing in that hot water. :D

The only downside is fitting the cat again at MOT time

The other downside is the VRS spits flames and i mean proper flames when driven hard or at least mine did which is why i now have a sports cat

Looks good but i doubt mr plod will think so

the codes and stuff are not a problem to me will just get it mapped out and are there any down sides to this mod >?

None so far turbo spool up seems faster, a bit more rumble from the exhaust but so far so good.

What you do at M O T time is your own business bud best not to advertise it on here though seems to be some controversy about havin a sympathetic tester

• Like 1

hi all ive got a Octavia vrs

wanted to know if a golf mk4 gti 1.8t decat and down pipe fit my car

also what sort of power gains would I get ??

Yes it will buddy. The VW Golf all fit the K03s 1.8t transverse engines.

The other downside is the VRS spits flames and i mean proper flames when driven hard or at least mine did which is why i now have a sports cat

Looks good but i doubt mr plod will think so

Never seen a decat split flames unless poorly mapped or set up with kit to do it deliberately. Will be hard pushed to get any noticable flames from a sweet running VRS imo.

Sent from my Samsung S3

• Like 1