Finally found a vrs

jays

Just wanted something cheap and cheerful so went for a late mk1 1.9 Tdi vrs. Just came out of a mk3 caddy with full electric pack etc, I'll try and find a pic and once I get a chance to give the Fabia a good clean ill post some pics

• 1 month later...

Thanks sam84.  Will be going back to another caddy after the vrs

Finally got round to taking a pic of the fabia today.

326ceeec-2e00-4e4a-b63b-bc3fdd1b858e_zps

So far ive given it a full service and cleaned the egr. Removed bump strips,uprated the bulbs and fitted silvatec indicator bulbs,removed rear fabia badge and fitted new skoda grill badge and wheel badges (1 missing in pic).cleaned the seats and fitted a double din bt stereo and stubby aerial.

Needs remapping,312mm brakes,17s and lowering if i keep it long enough

Tried wrapping the grill surround and was a complete nightmare so will paint when we get some decent weather

Edited by jays
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

AP shocks and springs ordered and Brembo rear discs/mintex pads sorted. Just a case or a stage 1 remap and to make a desision on either Brembo max front discs or a 312mm upgrade???

• 3 weeks later...

Will replace the wheel centres and rear badge for new style bagels.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the new vrs badges and if the front one will fit?

Looking at a stage 1 map, 312mm front brakes, Cupar splitter and some 17s or just refurb the standard 16s.

Also looking to smoke the white part of the rear lenses, is it best just to use tint spray as I don't want them to dark/ black

Never seen a bagel on a vRS, perhaps ask someone who is Jewish or works in a bakery lol?

The new style badge (by which I take it you mean the badge in the centre of the boot lid) is black and silver, not black, green and silver, is a direct replacement.

Got mine from 'number1forskoda' on eBay (Rainworth Skoda, in Nottinghamshire), keenly priced and Jonathan in parts has encyclopaedic knowledge.

Also got the Fabia and vRS boot badge from the latest vRS from the same place.

St1 remap, the world is your lobster (!) try Shark, or Fabooka (faboka?) on here, everyone raves about his maps.

Cupra splitters can be bought new from Seat for similar money to used ones iirc?

A whiteline rarb seems a favourite mod as well.

Btw, Pastyboy does wheel centre badges that people on here recommend.

Lol thanks meant badge

I guess the rear black/silver skoda badge is the same part number as the one I've got on the front?

As for the latest vrs badges are they the same as the octavia ones and do they fit the front grill ok or are they fabia specific?

Think I'll be going with fabooka for the map when I get some spare time to do the logs etc

Not made my mind up wether to bother with the rarb at the moment as it handles a lot better now the a.p suspension is on

I'll take a look at the centres but was going to buy genuine new style ones to match the new badges?

What's best to use for tinting the clear part of the rear lights? Spray or film? Only want a light tint

Cheers