Am I the only one.........

Brimma

I accept things move on, but 'corporate' looks IMO are a backward step, and lead to a very depressing lack of imagination

Indeed.

But your average buyer doesn't want something quirky or interesting.

Saw my first FL on the road this morning.

It's not for me.

But I an not an average buyer as I like things that are a bit different.

• Like 2

I like the new version ...more modern looking

In fact...every single facelift, Skoda has ever made, has been an improvement on the previous model

You'll get used to it

I'm a stick-in-the-mud, Chris

Mk2 pre-facelift Octavia is still the best, and I'm not in the slightest bit biased :)

• Like 1

I went over to the local Skoda dealer this morning and have to say I like it even more now i've had the chance to see it for myself.  Even better news was the boss likes it as well.  What did strike me though was just how big it was, it was bigger/chunkier than I thought it was, and that was the city version.  All in all, came away even more excited to be picking it up in March.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the FL 'in the flesh'. However, the one aspect that does get to me is the new Skoda emblem - it's what my other half has on her Citigo and to my mind is very similar to that of Vauxhall - well at a distance at least.

Shanco

I'm reserving judgement until I see the FL 'in the flesh'. However, the one aspect that does get to me is the new Skoda emblem - it's what my other half has on her Citigo and to my mind is very similar to that of Vauxhall - well at a distance at least.

Shanco

So you quite literally won't recognise it from Adam :)

(I'll give you a moment to think about that one)

• Like 1

Shanco

My Citigo and Rapid would often get the comment "Is it a Vauxhall?" Due to the new badge.

I prefer the newer badge and as least it means you don't have to change them every year now.

I'm a stick-in-the-mud, Chris

Mk2 pre-facelift Octavia is still the best, and I'm not in the slightest bit biased :)

Indeed, and looking at the current styling the Mk3 and the rest of the brand have moved to this.

The new nose will attract more punters who dont want quirky looks, more classic styling.  It's also a clever ploy by VAG no doubt as the Mk2 is to be a rebadged version for Skoda/Seat/VW the same as the Sharan/Alambra and the next Roomster/Touran/Altea

• Like 1

My Citigo and Rapid would often get the comment "Is it a Vauxhall?" Due to the new badge.

I prefer the newer badge and as least it means you don't have to change them every year now.

Is that gauranteed? :giggle:

Fred