anyone elses car get storm damaged? this is my story..

sharkrider

Ouch, would perish the thought of walking out to see something like that on anyone's car let alone my own.

Funny story, in one of the many houses I've lived at one of which I still sometimes live in a couple of times a year I remember waking up to water dripping on my face! Tiles had been ripped off the roof and water was ****ing in! Que a whole new roof and all the other crap with it.

Just been to a bodyshop in Liverpool to do some interior rectification work on an Insignia that had a small to medium sized tree land on it whilst being driven.

One of the branches pierced the laminated screen. The driver knows just how lucky he was as he stopped and saw this stout branch just a few inches from his face.

A tile fell off our roof and this happened  :o

11631984606_d672325afe_b.jpg

And this, the tile bounced and hit it again. 

11631200805_5d889b835c_b.jpg

Nobody was hurt in the destroying of this 106  ;)

• Like 3

:o :o :o £700 :o :o :o

What is it made of :peek:

Did you accidentally spec the one made from reformed Unicorn Horn?

well the nearest skoda approved repairer is 1.5 hours away from me, so they will have to put a courtest car on a lorry, bring it up here, take my car back on the lorry, remove my spoiler, get the new one, paint it, fit it, bring my car back on the lorry! and retrieve their courtesy car! lol......  its £150 to me either way, as thats my excess, and I'm bloody glad they are replacing, and not going to try and bodge repair! (I could ask for the ould spoiler and sell it to Brimma!)

• Like 1

No tiles fell at mine but wind driven rain made it into the house

via the boiler flue hole and caused some wetness on the ceiling

directly above where my head is when in bed. More decorating :(

Oh how I bloody detest painting.  

At least it hit the plastic bit Sharkrider.

Make sure you use some stainblock rather than just white paint otherwise you may be doing even more decorating! 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's always a worry of mine if the car goes in for some work somewhere... are they going to use it to nip to the shops etc.

Will be interesting to review the car camera footage next time it goes in for something (soon before the warranty runs out to get the stiff handbrake sorted).

Phil

• Like 1