Flashligt in the trunk flashes randomly

Since a couple of weeks I have noticed that from time to time something flashes in the trunk of the car. Yesterday we noticed that it is the trunklight (flashlight) that blinks. Now it flashes more frequently. We tried to remove it and put it back, but the problem remain. Anyone that have experienced the same problem? How did you solve it?

Skickat från mig...

It may be the batteries I opened the light now and it is 3 rechargeable AAA so its easy to change.

I dont think its the switch in that case it would show up in in display that its open. I do not see aything indicating the hatch to be open.

Skickat från mig...

No leds fitted on the car. At first I think it was when I put it in reverse but at that time I was not sure what it was.

Only times we have seen it is when it is dark, but it may be that its only natural that its not showing in the daylight.

Its not strobing the last day we saw it there was like 20 sec between the flashings.

Last night I took the flashlight inside and it has been with me for like 6-7 hours now and not a single flash. So it seems to flash because of some signal from the car. It is strange.

Skickat från mig...

• 2 weeks later...

Having a very similar problem. Played with the car a bit while waiting for my wife's train. For me, it seems to somehow be linked to switching from reverse to first (manual). But it doesn't happen every time. Can't quite figure out what triggers it. Just a flash for a fraction of a second - like a camera flash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Same issue here, only happens (or is noticed) when putting the DSG in reverse, and only a flash or two. I reckon it could be power to reversing lights trigger it, but not sure how to check. Maybe put a multimeter on the torch contacts and see if they increase when car is put in reverse?