dogbone fitting

ajs_vrs

I've bought a mount with bush already fitted, how easy is it to fit I know it's along the lines of remove 4 bolts, but do I need to raise anything like that or basically just remove the bolts simple as that ?

Going two jack the front up.

Cheers

• Like 1

Only 3 bolts; see 23 to 25 on this page

Not sure how important the instruction "Position the screws in the elongated holes of the pendulum support in such a way that there is maximum distance between the gearbox and the assembly carrier" is, our car didn't some like that from the factory, but is now.

Just jack the car up and put on axle stands as normal mate. 

4 x 16mm nuts I think mine were and you're away.

Don't bother supporting the engine, it's secure and won't fall or anything. Dogbone is just for rotational movement.

I'd recommend putting some thin plastic between the mount when you slide it in though, and use lots of grease just to help it in.

Well I've fitted a powerflex one today in exactly the orientation that is shown in the gumtree link. I just removed the two 17mm Bolts to remove the dogbone. I left the plate in place.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Loads of threads mate and I can't comment Yet, depending on the shore rating gear changing and acceleration will improve well move the feel of it as it reduces engine movement however as a downside you will get increased cabin Vibrations and some folk can't stand it.

To rotate the bush just remove the metal sleeve from the middle and you should be able to turn it with a fair amount of effort.

The powerflex (red) bushes

are softer than the superpro bushes and vibration wise I really can't say there is a significant increase at all, especially after letting it settle down after a good drive. The standard bush really is crap though. I think the car feels a lot more positive when acceleration and turning and driving on bumpy roads. It's a real easy mod to do and well worth £30 imo.

You should be able to push it out with you thumb if it is anything like the powerflex one mate. I held the dogbone between my legs and used my thumbs to push/rotate the bush in the mount. By removing the metal sleeve out of the middle it relives some of the tension. Just bear in mind your bush will be harder than the one I've installed. If it won't turn use a blunt screwdriver or something to force some copper slip between the bush and the mount for lubrication.

ARB bushes for me tomorrow although if I'm honest I don't think there is anything wrong with standard ones now. Replacing the dogbone bush has eliminated my knock.

I must be a wimp lol. I got fed up after a few months and sold it and got a new one from skoda :)

Am I right in thinking there are several revisions of this particular

bush (in standard form) as event skoda acknowledged their original design was crap? Lol