2014 F1 General Discussion Thread.

KenONeill

What a horrible anticlimax of a race to end such a good season - I was bored out of my feathers :(*

Lewis won the race the the championship in a commanding way and despite me not liking him too much I think he deserved to win without a question.

Button finishing 5th was a masterpiece and Dennis would be an idiot not to sign him for the next season. He will probably demand a reduction in his contract value fortunately as it was suggested by many people that due to Alonso being seriously expensive there is not much money left to pay for the second seat...

The only other thing which was a bright spot in a really dull landscape of today's race was Riccardo and Vergne battling it out, pleasure to watch!

• Like 1

Awesome that Lewis has won!

Best thing for me was in the interview with Nico at the end. Him saying that Lewis already had the race in the bag despite his problems is a good show of character  :clap:

Its actually a sign that hes now got good PR coaching, Germans just don't get being humble or gracious in defeat. This is not the end of hostilities trust me, but it will be better managed in the future. Well done Hamilton but also well done Williams as many have already said ensures their future in the sport.

Well done Hamilton, had Rosberg off the line and never looked likely to concede the win thereafter.

Nice to see both Williams drivers on the podium (also liked the way they just removed the red line to change the logo for this race). Let's hope they can continue this form for next year; their performance continuity from season to season has been patchy previously.

And nice to see Suzie continuing her (sexy) school teacher look  :love:

• Like 1

Well done Hamilton, had Rosberg off the line and never looked likely to concede the win thereafter.

Nice to see both Williams drivers on the podium (also liked the way they just removed the red line to change the logo for this race). Let's hope they can continue this form for next year; their performance continuity from season to season has been patchy previously.

And nice to see Suzie continuing her (sexy) school teacher look  :love:

Redline - MARTINI - you can't advertise booze in Abu Dhabi

Redline - MARTINI - you can't advertise booze in Abu Dhabi

Was that also the case in Bahrain?

The EU wants to ban alcohol sponsorship. I hope they don't manage that one. They killed off some classic liveries with the smoking sponsorship ban.

Was that also the case in Bahrain?

The EU wants to ban alcohol sponsorship. I hope they don't manage that one. They killed off some classic liveries with the smoking sponsorship ban.

I think Bahrain is kinda liberal that way - I mean the Saudi's built the causeway to the island so they could dash over there at the weekends to get p**sed

I think Bahrain is kinda liberal that way - I mean the Saudi's built the causeway to the island so they could dash over there at the weekends to get p**sed

Yup, trust me, you do NOT want to be driving in Manamah on a Friday evening. You will end up in an accident and you be be at fault regardless of the fact it wasn't and the other guy was totalled wasted...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...