Thinking of getting this mk2 vrs [pics]

Hi guys new to the forum, was just looking for second opinion on this vrs i've spotted locally.

Appreciate these threads come up quite often, but was just looking for a bit more reasurance before I decide to purchase.

The car in question:

2c929666427b88080142a8cb7a2f6669_PE07RYG

Link to dealership website http://www.nescocars.co.uk/used-cars/122/skoda-octavia/

Price £5994.00 (bit of an odd number to sell at..)

Off site:

"2007 07 Reg Skoda Octavia 2.0T FSI vRS 5dr Full Dealer Service History Colorado Red, Standard Features - Climatic air conditioning with automatic regulation, 17 Zenith alloy wheels, Electric front windows, Radio/single CD player, 6 CD autochanger in boot, Height/reach adjust steering wheel, vRS design sports seats, Tyre pressure monitoring system, Alarm with interior monitoring and backup alarm horn, Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors, Immobiliser, Driver/passenger seat height adjustment/lumbar support. with Anthracite 1/2 Leather Sports Seats 47000 Miles by One Owner With Full Skoda Service History Inc Cambelt Change £5,994"

From what am looking at I think it ticks all the right boxes, price seems mildly reasonable, not overly keen on the colour but no biggy. Mileage seems good considering age, and its got FSH and had its cambelt recently changed.

Does anyone recognise the car or know of its history? Appreciate thats a long shot but someone here may have had this previously. Anything here seem unusual? Its just every other vrs I've seen seems more expensive with more miles..

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

just bought a 2007 vrs yesterday, seen that one on autotrader, but it was too far for me to justify going to see.

bought a 2007 with 250 bhp remap, 57,000 miles and full service history, £5200 private, few scuffs and scratches that im not happy with but the torque is good.

that was the cheapest 07 plate around for miles. 

55 plate 66,000 miles sold for £4400 that I was interested in.

local dealer (scotland) has a 2006 for £5000, with 80k on the clock. 

it just really depends the prices are all over the place. 

ive seen some 2007's come up for £6,800 private. 

they are like hens teeth.

cant help you out with the car only the pricing of it. 

try, gumtree, ebay and pistonheads for private sales

Seems very cheap for the mileage and condition. Thought they went for more than that.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

Looks cheap for the mileage and condition yes, but then I suspect that is due to the spec - no maxidot, climate, xenons, etc

My 07 plate is on 82k now, I think I would struggle to get £7k for it with maxidot, xenons, climate, jumbo box, all sorts of retrofits including a DAB Columbus and all the tuning kit.

? Thought the same.

The other slight issue I have with low mileage cars is regarding the number of short journeys, potentially meaning a lot of cold engine runs.

Whilst not a big issue; these TFSI's can suffer from carbon build up. There is a recent thread on here with a low mileage vRS having the potential issue.

Skoda suggest that this may be due to short, cold journeys where operating temps aren't reached; meaning the engine runs rich and carbon build up can occur. Not saying this is true, but there is some logic behind it.

• Like 2

Only issue's i can see is there is lots of wear on the drivers floor mat & the ad says its got climate control which it hasnt if you look at the pictures.

No the advert's right, the dual zone is called "climatronic", this one has the basic "climatic".
  • Like 1

Only issue's i can see is there is lots of wear on the drivers floor mat

Oddly enough my vRS is 07, red, and 48k miles when I bought it- the drivers mat had a lot of wear on it. Mainly around where the heal sits on the accelerator pedal. They're fairly cheap to buy new, so not much of an issue.

Seems about right no Jumbo box 17 inch wheels instead of 18s no cruise and front elec windows only . Mine from new had all those and climatronic  although older ,they were extra ,but as that has red calipers instead of green, ( earlier cars ) most came  with all the above as no cost option that year, so that is reflected in price .I sold mine with 44,000 a year ago today to a dealer ,but mine was a bit special http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/259682-blue-vrs-octavia-hatchback-sold/

I know a member on edition 38, who's selling his Skoda Octavia VRS in red, I think it's a tfsi. The only thing is, he replaced his engine thats done 11K miles, and a new turbo. The car is all legit, FSH, has all the receipts. He wants £6250, comes with eibach springs fitted. If your interested let me know, and either you or I can contact him. 

Thanks for all the replies.

I've considered another option as well which seems better spec'd.

http://www.wcscars.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-octavia-2-0t-fsi-vrs-5dr-macclesfield-201401090915999

Pics:

skoda-octavia-hatchback-2-0t-fsi-vrs-5dr

This one seems to have 18" wheels, FSH, doesn't mention if it has rear electric windows, can't really tell from the pics either, plus theres no mention if the cambelt has been changed. Also are the tinted windows a factory option? Or would this have most likely been done by thr previous owner?

Thanks again

Thanks for all the replies.

I've considered another option as well which seems better spec'd.

http://www.wcscars.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-octavia-2-0t-fsi-vrs-5dr-macclesfield-201401090915999

Pics:

This one seems to have 18" wheels, FSH, doesn't mention if it has rear electric windows, can't really tell from the pics either, plus theres no mention if the cambelt has been changed. Also are the tinted windows a factory option? Or would this have most likely been done by thr previous owner?

Thanks again

It won't have rear electrics, as like the first one it just has basic climate control and no central armrest so it'll have manual rear windows, depends if that's important to you or not really.

Seems about right no Jumbo box 17 inch wheels instead of 18s no cruise and front elec windows only . Mine from new had all those and climatronic  although older ,they were extra ,but as that has red calipers instead of green, ( earlier cars ) most came  with all the above as no cost option that year, so that is reflected in price .I sold mine with 44,000 a year ago today to a dealer ,but mine was a bit special http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/259682-blue-vrs-octavia-hatchback-sold/

That's what I noticed, those things were free options around that time since I have them on my 07

there is very little in the price with the extras to be honest when it comes to a sale 8 years down the line.

the lower mileage one would be my choice.

that's if you can live without zeons, 18 inch wheels and electric windows in the back

the one I just bought is pretty bog standard apart from the hefty remap, I bought it to lug track bikes about so wasn't bothered. who cares if my passengers need to roll down the window

Thanks again guys. I got some info on that second one, the cambelt and waterpump has never been done :o so I think the first one is starting to look a bit more attractive lol. I found a nice blue one but its 160miles away :( which seems to be the same price but has alot mote extras

Sorry guys I know I keep picking this that etc etc

I found this one as well which isn't too far away, has 70k miles but seems a lot better equipped, xenons, jumbo box, dual zone climate control, headlight washers, rear elec windows. This ones going for £6495, do you think it's worthwhile paying extra for these? I do like the addition of the armrest especially, just seems to complete the interior. I think considering the mileage it wouldn't be too unreasonable to make an offer

Link

http://www.baskeyfields.co.uk/used-skoda-stoke-on-trent-staffordshire