Has anyone disabled the VRS sound generator?

I really like the sound it makes for the diesel. I can see the frustration though if you have a petrol as they should sound good enough on there own. 

In eco my car is really quiet (for a diesel) normal is ok and sport sounds awesome.yes I know it's fake but who cares, if it makes you smile then that's all that matters. 

If you don't like it go into individual mode and turn it off. Or unplug it if you really hate it!!!!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

for anyone doing alot of motorway miles you wont regret doing this.

I do alot of motorway miles and it really doesn't bother me. Maybe I'm just a bit deaf :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JamiePvrs said:

I do alot of motorway miles and it really doesn't bother me. Maybe I'm just a bit deaf :D

Me too.

It is a bit loud only in sport mode, but in all other modes is barely noticeable. In all modes it engages only during acceleration. When you drive constantly, on the motorways, the car is really very silent. Will switch it off some day, just to feel the difference.

24 minutes ago, nidza said:

Me too.

It is a bit loud only in sport mode, but in all other modes is barely noticeable. In all modes it engages only during acceleration. When you drive constantly, on the motorways, the car is really very silent. Will switch it off some day, just to feel the difference.

After about a month of running with the noise turned down to a minimum in individual mode I too had convinced myself it wasn't that noticeable, but as I was on VCDS for something else I turned it off. It was like a breath of fresh air. My quality of life was improved in an instant, the sky was more blue, the birds sang more sweetly and joy was all around. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nidza said:

Me too.

My car is always in sport mode. I have done over 4000 miles in 6 weeks and haven't used eco or normal at all. What's the point in having the VRS and putting it into eco mode!!!!!! And I like the sound it makes, the steering weight and everything about the car. 

A lot of car for the money

25 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

My car is always in sport mode. I have done over 4000 miles in 6 weeks and haven't used eco or normal at all. What's the point in having the VRS and putting it into eco mode!!!!!! And I like the sound it makes, the steering weight and everything about the car. 

A lot of car for the money

Too stiff for every day use in Sport mode for my taste and sake of my kidneys. I use it in Comfort most of the time. 

Might be I gotten enough of stiff and lowered cars in my life. This Škoda can be stiff and loud and silent and comfortable, just with a click.

For gods sake if you unplug a connector then seal it up, especially if it is outside of the cabin and really especially if it’s in the Wiper Bulkhead. Sound Generator Module might share a fuse with something or unbalance the CAN/LIN if moisture gets in.

Use Electrical Grease or something similar and then bag it.

2 hours ago, nidza said:

Too stiff for every day use in Sport mode for my taste and sake of my kidneys. I use it in Comfort most of the time. 

Might be I gotten enough of stiff and lowered cars in my life. This Škoda can be stiff and loud and silent and comfortable, just with a click.

i don't think it affects suspension at all, your kidneys should be safe in all modes. A set of H&R springs should improve the ride for you markedly. I find the ride harsh over bumps and have the springs on the way ill report back the difference when installed.

I have noticed a marked difference with eco and sport mode with the DTUK box. I thought sport mode didn't affect driving when using a tuning box but i can definitely feel the difference.

Edited by JohnnyType2

4 hours ago, nidza said:

Yeah. Unless you have DCC it doesn’t do anything to the suspension. And even if you do, I’m not 100% it does either. 

10 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Yeah. Unless you have DCC it doesn’t do anything to the suspension. And even if you do, I’m not 100% it does either. 

It does but not much as you'd have to change the spring rates as well as the damping to make it a nice soft ride.

14 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

For gods sake if you unplug a connector then seal it up, especially if it is outside of the cabin and really especially if it’s in the Wiper Bulkhead. Sound Generator Module might share a fuse with something or unbalance the CAN/LIN if moisture gets in.

Use Electrical Grease or something similar and then bag it.

Or even better go the software route. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New here with a new purchase MY17 Octavia RS with a question on customisation of the sound generator.

Picking it up tomorrow, so I don't have it yet.

Is the sound adjustable through the Columbus infotainment unit or does it have to be manually adjusted as previously described?

Just wondering whether I have to get the dealer to make the adjustment before I pick it up.