Fabia Estate Offer

Hi

Hope you can help, my folks are considering the current Fabia 1.2TSi 86 SE Estate offer.

On the face of it the offer looks good value, apart from the 7.9% finance.

A couple of questions before they have a test drive :

Could any more discount be squeezed out of Skoda on this model/offer? (no harm in trying!)

Is the engine decent in the 86hp guise?

Can other options be added or is the model in one form only.

Many thanks :happy:

Try getting the main dealer to reduce the interest rate. When they start quoting flat interest rates you need to grt them down to around 3% flat which is around 6% apr. The higher the flat rate the more the dealer makes on selling the finance package. Thats my experience on used cars. Could be different on a new with skoda finance but defo worth challenging them.

I purchased one of these on on the same offer, all of the dealers stated the same line. They could not move on price at all as limited stock and set prices, you may get mats, boot liner or mud flaps if you play one off against the other though. PX was the deciding factor along with which dealer could supply one in silver.

No problem with the 86bhp engine, low down torque is very good and make it easy to drive. Not a racing car though!

There are no options to this deal from factory but you can ask for dealer fitted options.

Ask them to configure the car to your liking (such as 1 click locking on the remote) as the 2 click was a PITA in my opinion.

Forget discounts on the estate. They have a very limited number ordered - many more hatchbacks with the lesser http engine. They sell out quickly - you may be too late.

Make a list of dealer extras you want - walk into showroom - nail a salesman and tell him you want to order a car "today" - but only if it has your list of extras. The "today" will catch his attention  :yes: :yes:

I got -

Side rubbing strips

Door sill protectors (the more expensive aluminium type)

Set of rubber floor mats

Full tank of petrol

I also got it when the 3 year free servicing offer was on, but I think that's now gone.

They can maybe take the gamble and hold on and see if better offers come up in February as Skoda UK or just the Dealerships try to shift cars and get them registered pre March.

Or wait till after March and the Run Out Models of the MK2's as they announce the Mk3, if they do announce them and when they will go on sale.

george

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice, it's really appreciated.

My folks have rear sensors on their current car so we're hoping that they could add them to the spec.

They are test driving one early next week. Should they like it I'll tell them to form a list if the add ons they require and try to chip away at the APR.

They added reversing sensors to my se hatch on the same offer. Although they dont work with the radio like apparently they do if theyre from the factory?

It got, reversing sensors, matts, those door protector things, and a tank of fuel chucked in

I agree with Wonky; low down torque is good - pulls well all the way from 1500 thru to 3500, makes it easy to drive, quite diesel-like. See if you can get a centre armrest too either dealer or self fitted, some dont like them but it has improved things for me - been used to one in bigger cars :-)

Dealer can fit a skoda approved reversing sensor kit - its not the same as the factory kit, it only bleeps via a small bleeper in the boot and does not link or give any graphics on the radio - iirc the cost was around 250 pounds - they have to remove the rear bumper and drill it and fit 4 sensors which they paint to match your car, however the finish is not the same or as slick as the factory fitted kit. Also guarantee only 1 year iirc.

When I asked they wouldn't throw it in foc and I don't think I trusted them to make a good job of it. Some insurers would regard this as a modification!

The 86ps engine is quiet and refined, pulls well and is more economical than the 3-pot 70ps by quite a margin.

Edited by xman

That must be what mine is! It works well enough, and cant fault the fitting, and im very particular haha.

Guaranteed for 1 year is interesting. Im not too fussed though, as everything sold within the EU has to have a 2 year warranty, whether they quote 1 year or not.

Harbornite -

Dealer fit sensors are fine, but £250 is a lot to fit sensors. Better off buying the car, buying the sensors (I paid £50 for mine), and paying a professional to fit them. Total shouldn't be much more than £150 fitted.

These are well-respected, and come in a range of colours. I believe they'll also do a specific colour match for your car for a fee, but not sure how much that would cost: http://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/dolphin_parking_system_audio.asp

86ps engine is a cracker. We have it in a Skoda Rapid and I've been nothing but impressed (our previous cars had 180bhp...).

Best of luck.

Make sure there are some around, assuming this is the £9,995 deal.

We had one (in the blue) over a month ago and I'd be surprised if they haven't all gone now.

A family estate car with a spare wheel and metallic paint (plus the 1.2tsi 86PS engine) is an absolute bargain IMO.

Far better than the hatch with the old engine.

A couple of questions before they have a test drive :

Could any more discount be squeezed out of Skoda on this model/offer? (no harm in trying!)

Is the engine decent in the 86hp guise?

Can other options be added or is the model in one form only.

I doubt you'll get any money off, they are already CHEAP.

The 86 engine is fine, unless you want something quite quick.  It's fine for the car.

No, the cars are already made.  But you can add a 5 year (or 100k) warranty for about £260.  We did. :)

• Like 1

Thanks all, fantastic advice.

They test drove one earlier today, really liked it.....so much they put a deposit on one.

They are happy with the deal including sensors and the trade in price was a pleasant surprise.

I understand what impressed them was the versatility of the car and the engine.

As previous comments there are very few of the estates left.

Thanks again for the advice.

• Like 2

Dealer can fit a skoda approved reversing sensor kit - its not the same as the factory kit, it only bleeps via a small bleeper in the boot and does not link or give any graphics on the radio - iirc the cost was around 250 pounds - they have to remove the rear bumper and drill it and fit 4 sensors which they paint to match your car, however the finish is not the same or as slick as the factory fitted kit. Also guarantee only 1 year iirc.

When I asked they wouldn't throw it in foc and I don't think I trusted them to make a good job of it. Some insurers would regard this as a modification!

The 86ps engine is quiet and refined, pulls well and is more economical than the 3-pot 70ps by quite a margin.

You'll probably find the parking sensors are aftermarket and not approved by skoda hence the one year warranty. I used to work for a company that fitted parking sensors on behalf of audi, porsche, lexus and many other brands. All the dealers marketed them as manufacturer approved and charged a nice mark up on them. Some dealers were charging £700 for front and rear sensors. Most people would never know the difference as it was before they all became integrated into displays etc. Amazing what lies salesmen will tell to get a sale.

No its a genuine Skoda kit, thesalesman brought out the kit, a small box with Skoda label and part no. The kit had Skoda logos and the booklet enclosed was a Skoda publication.

I might have been wrong about the 1 year warranty, but it definitely wasn't 3 years like the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just ordered one in Silver! As I'm trading in my Monte Carlo I was slightly dissapointed to learn that the SE does not come with front foglights or the MDI and that I can't order any factory-fit options.

Does anyone have a list of dealer-fit options for these?

Cheers

Unfortunately, I would expect most dealers to say that they cannot retrofit these parts for you, or quote you an astronomical price, but there is certainly no harm in asking.

The MDI unit should be straight forwards to retrofit and should be plug and play with the correct loom. to get a properly factory fitted look, you will need to obtain the trim piece that holds the unit below the glove box. Which I have no idea of a part number. You can obtain a MDI unit with the loom and cables for approximately £100

I hear that retrofitting front fogs is a bit of a pain as you need to run new wiring and fit a new light switch in the car.

• Like 1

Thanks greenstripe.  Sadly as I expected with the fogs then but I'm glad to hear that the MDI can be retrofitted as I rely on my USB drive full of music and podcasts during my long commute. £100 seems a bargain for my sanity!