My new wheels 19's Pics...

Headed over down to Ilford today to collect these Speedlines 19's wheels, just got back! A quick pics of the wheels, will post better pics tomorrow :) Never been fitted since they've been refurbed. Bought them at a bargain price, so chuffed with that :D

12076225055_e79411345b_o.jpg

12076627644_5892240ebc_o.jpg

• Like 1

Not yet, but have bought AP Coilovers from a member on this forum. Will be fitted hopefully soon, will post pics once all fitted. These wheels are all straight, all been refurbed, came off Audi A5 Coupe 13' plate. 

Thanks guys,

Yep they are 8.5J 19" ET33 :) It's a pain washing a black car, the wheels will take the mick doinh a general clean. 

Genuine Speedline´s with that ET are 9" wide. 8,5" wide are ET43 or ET48. Some other variants are also available but never seen 8,5" and ET33 combination. They could be hybrids though, but don't know how the ET would be when combining outer rim from 8,5" ET43 rim and center from 9" ET33 rim...

JaVa^ are you local to Bedford area?

Nope. I'm from Finland, as you can tell from my poor spelling. :bandit:

Those wheels are gonna be pretty flush to the arch. Might have to get some 215's and some camber to get under the skinny arches on the octy

Those tyres do not have sufficient load rating for 1Z Octavia.

IMG_2495.JPG

Hi JaVa,

I was just wondering what year your car is a s you have Pre FL headlights and from what I can make out an FL VRS front bumper, am I correct? If so how did you retrofit that and how straightforward was it? Me likey :-P

Billy.

Edited by billywhiz040480
  • Like 1

Hi JaVa,

I was just wondering what year your car is a s you have Pre FL headlights and from what I can make out an FL VRS front bumper, am I correct? If so how did you retrofit that and how straightforward was it? Me likey :-P

Billy.

My car is 2008 Pre-FL.

For retrofit you need:

Bumper, grills, DRL's, fog lights, headlight washers, plastic supports inside the bumper that the DRL's and foglights are attached to. You then also have to built the wiring for the DRL's (and if you wan't to make it perfect, you also have to change the BCM). I did not change the BCM so i connected the DRL's to foglight wiring with some resistors and coded the foglights to work as DRL's with VCDS. Then i wired and relayed the fog lights separately and installed an hidden switch for them in the cabin. And on top of that, you need new grill and it's surroundings to the bonnet. You don't have to change the bonnet.

You have to heavily modify the bumper corners with plastic welding.

You must have very nice roads where you live...

I have to travel on gravel roads every day and there are alot pot holes in the tarmac roads here also, specially in the spring. Don't know how bad the roads are in your area though. :think:

• Like 1

My car is 2008 Pre-FL.

For retrofit you need:

Bumper, grills, DRL's, fog lights, headlight washers, plastic supports inside the bumper that the DRL's and foglights are attached to. You then also have to built the wiring for the DRL's (and if you wan't to make it perfect, you also have to change the BCM). I did not change the BCM so i connected the DRL's to foglight wiring with some resistors and coded the foglights to work as DRL's with VCDS. Then i wired and relayed the fog lights separately and installed an hidden switch for them in the cabin. And on top of that, you need new grill and it's surroundings to the bonnet. You don't have to change the bonnet.

You have to heavily modify the bumper corners with plastic welding.

Good work.  Sounds a lot of effort but the look is fantastic.

Adam