Revo figures correct?

hmmmm

Thinking of getting my mk2 Octavia vRS Tsi remapped and had figures from 4 different garages who do REVO and they all state that i will get 275 BHP and 314 pounds of tourque but none have a rolling road.

Do they actually give out this performance as Shark only seem to give around 240 ish?

With this performance will i be needing an uprated clutch?

I would of went to Shark but not wanting an 8 hour round trip not including the time the car is getting reamapped and the Scottish Shark dealer says he can't do mine as it's the Tsi engine.

Have you considered shark's sts system? You can do the whole thing on your driveway

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes but when i go on their website it's not giving me a price.

What are the advantages of the STS system?

Our website has just been redone, although it's not working perfectly just yet. The STS costs £150, and the map is £499.

The Scottish dealer can actually do it for you, I'll make sure I clarify that with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, I dyno'd a Revo Stage 1 Octavia VRS TSI, made 242 on our rollers. The reason our figures are so much lower in our marketing is because they are correct to our dyno. Take a Shark car to another dyno and they often put out more than stated, and that's how we prefer to be. Under quote and over achieve :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The sts allows you upload the performance map or std map whenever you want. You read the original map, mail it to Shark, and send you the performance map back. You'll need to download a bit of software onto your pc to communicate with the sts box.

One of the checksums changes after it's been flashed, although the map will be completely original unlike some of the other offerings.

My advice is that if you feel like you have to hide a remap, then don't do it at all. However, just because you have a remap doesn't mean your warranty is automatically void.

I hope you appreciate the honest answer, I'd rather not sell something than have an upset customer further down the line.

• Like 3

Can someone from Shark confirm if i remove the map for a service is there any way they could tell it's had a new map before? Also if they do updates on the ECU would it still be able to upload the map again?

Surely your car is out of warranty anyway, what does it matter?

I have had my remap for over 3 years, was done with the STS and I removed every time I took to the dealers whilst it was under warranty, that was mainly just in case they changed something really... my last service was done at an independent an didn't bother removing as it was at a Shark dealers...

No they won't. You can with the right equipment, but no dealer will have that, know how to use it, or even be arsed.

I believe that there is a counter that adds 1 every time the ecu is re-flashed!

• 1 month later...

I have revo software on my tsi. Went for revo as I'd used their software on previous cars with no issues. I wouldn't get hung up on power figures. ..agree that 275bhp is rather optimistic for stage 1 map. I would have thought about 250bhp is more realistic. I told the dealer mine had been remapped but now do my own servicing as I've used up my free services. They cannot just say you have no warranty cause it is remapped. If a fault occurs then they have to prove it is the modification that caused it. Dealers too often use it as a get out.

as to numbers, you need a dyno, but since not all dyno's are the same, just as not all ambient conditions are the same, and not everyone can agree on the difference between power at the flywheel, % transmission losses and wheel horse power, you'll rarely get the actual truth.