FL Orders log results

merseadog

Had a phone call from the dealer today ordered a outdoor L&K 170 tdi manual on first feb changed in to 170 dsg at end of feb had to reorder. Got a provisional built week of 26 today was 37 2 weeks ago. Its now a 2015 model year car and according to dealer I cant have the L&K wood trim now as its not available now not a big issue.   

My guess is that dealers have so many cars allocated and those come with associated places in the queue, once those are sold then further orders just join the back of the queue. I doubt that many would admit it though.

Or is it the dealers holding back orders so they don't push there quotas up and up.

Our 1.2 Elegance was ordered yesterday by the dealer. Last night they quoted build week 22 so wil it be the 2015 version.

• Like 1

2.0 diesel SE, candy white, silver roof bars, heated screen, sports seats, spare wheel, towbar, mats and flaps.

- ordered 16th Feb

- build date confirmed today as week 22

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

2.0 diesel SE, candy white, silver roof bars, heated screen, sports seats, spare wheel, towbar, mats and flaps.

- ordered 16th Feb

- build date confirmed today as week 22

Colin

wow that took them a while to confirm.

There is a vast difference between some build dates. I was lead to believe that once you ordered you went into the queue sequential with everyone. ie buid to order.

I can not guess why Skoda would do this. I could of believe a little flexability in the production ie all black paints jobs followed by white, jungle over the build week but fatgit's yeti is just a standard SE just like mine was yet mine is in a dealers yard and fatgit's is still a piece of paper floating around the production line office.

I would love to know how the system works. Is it on engine, specification, 2wd or 4wd, outdoor or regular, colour, dealer quota, alphabetical order of surname or birth sign? It definitely is not by date ordered. I asked the dealer if I changed a particular detail would this bring the build date closer, but they were also in the dark.

In my case collection will now have to be Sept, as late June would be the earliest the vehicle could be with me and I need to tow a caravan mid July onwards. I had made this towing requirement known to the dealer at time of order, but only It was only after downloading the manual that I became aware of the 1000km requirement before towing. It was a shame my dealer was not aware of this manufacturers requirement.

To some this may sound a bit trivial, but this year is our 30th wedding anniversary and 30 days in France is what we have been looking forward to. Unfortunately it will not be with the car we have spoilt ourselves to.

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

I would love to know how the system works. Is it on engine, specification, 2wd or 4wd, outdoor or regular, colour, dealer quota, alphabetical order of surname or birth sign? It definitely is not by date ordered. I asked the dealer if I changed a particular detail would this bring the build date closer, but they were also in the dark.

In my case collection will now have to be Sept, as late June would be the earliest the vehicle could be with me and I need to tow a caravan mid July onwards. I had made this towing requirement known to the dealer at time of order, but only It was only after downloading the manual that I became aware of the 1000km requirement before towing. It was a shame my dealer was not aware of this manufacturers requirement.

To some this may sound a bit trivial, but this year is our 30th wedding anniversary and 30 days in France is what we have been looking forward to. Unfortunately it will not be with the car we have spoilt ourselves to.

Colin

The spec you list does not appear to be out of the ordinary. If you ordered it mid Feb and the build date has only just been supplied end April, and I were permitted to say...did they place the order when they said ? After all that is almost 10 weeks.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Got home today to find a card with estimated build week as 23 (June 2nd) and estimated arrival in UK as 28 (July 7).

Much later than we had originally hoped for and mucks up our holiday plans quite a bit as the 207 isn't great for towing, but at least it's better than having no information.

Its here !!!!!

10 weeks 1 day from order to collection !!

This is Flegal...

DSC_0113_zpsa18fbeac.jpg

Liking the wheels. Is that the Origami ones?

Got home today to find a card with estimated build week as 23 (June 2nd) and estimated arrival in UK as 28 (July 7).

Much later than we had originally hoped for and mucks up our holiday plans quite a bit as the 207 isn't great for towing, but at least it's better than having no information.

Don't give up hope yet. My build date was brought forward by 4 weeks, and I took delivery 3 weeks after that.

Ordered 17th Feb, just had a phone call from Michael Cahill at Simpsons, my car has just arrived at Grimsby. I cannot collect until 23rd May as I'm going on my holidays until 22nd and anyway I don't want it left in an airport car park. I will just have to contain my excitement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just called Skoda UK and have been given a provisional build week of Week 23 which is first week of June!

Fantastic.

Who knows it might be brought forward by a few weeks like some of your orders.

Don't you just hate waiting........

Just called Skoda UK and have been given a provisional build week of Week 23 which is first week of June!

Fantastic.

Who knows it might be brought forward by a few weeks like some of your orders.

Don't you just hate waiting.......

Plenty of time to reply to the posts from peps saying they aint worth the money etc etc etc.

Mine is build week 22....you never know ours could be together on the production line.

• Like 1

Hope you dont have my experience of it spending 10 days in Emden waiting for a boat, then 5 days in Grimsby waiting for a transporter.

Just heard from dealer today our car Yeti L&K 170 dsg is now build week 23 so should hopefully have it for the end of June that would be a 5 month wait from ordering.

Hope you dont have my experience of it spending 10 days in Emden waiting for a boat, then 5 days in Grimsby waiting for a transporter.

Hope not! I'd be tearing my hair out waiting! Bet you probably were....

If that happens to me it'd be better I don't know as I can imagine my frustration! I'm not very good at waiting.

So has your toy arrived? :)

Just heard from dealer today our car Yeti L&K 170 dsg is now build week 23 so should hopefully have it for the end of June that would be a 5 month wait from ordering.

That's quite a long wait, ouch!

Getting ready to go an pick my new snow monster in 2hrs time........ Now counting down the minutes instead of days.... Good luck also to anyone else picking up theirs today as well.

I am hoping that on my way home I can take a bit of rough terrain in on some common land just for the sake of it, gotta try out that 4x4 by pressing that £100 "off-road" button

• Like 1