SKODA VisionC - A new design study

ColinD

Would be a lot more impressed by the first drawing if someone hadn't messed up the perspective on the front bumper so much. If I were Skoda, I'd be deeply worried by an automotive designer that gets perspective wrong :S

Would be a lot more impressed by the first drawing if someone hadn't messed up the perspective on the front bumper so much. If I were Skoda, I'd be deeply worried by an automotive designer that gets perspective wrong :S

If it comes to fruition & is about the size of the current Octavia, in L&K spec it will be serious contender against the new Jaguar XE.

Interesting choice, the "staid" Jaguar look or the Skoda "space age look".

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

I like the new look a lot, will be great to see what Skoda produce.

My dealership says it will be a goer but Skoda haven't decided what floor pan to use Superb or Octavia for overall vehicle size as both are due for a replacement model, the Superb is an excellent vehicle but it hasn't been that good in the sales numbers game.

Or perhaps they'll just dump one in favour of the other. 

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

It would be handy if it comes to fruition that you could connect it to your own domestic gas supply via a compressor to fill it up, I can't see that it would be that difficult to install.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

• 4 weeks later...

If it comes to fruition & is about the size of the current Octavia, in L&K spec it will be serious contender against the new Jaguar XE.

Interesting choice, the "staid" Jaguar look or the Skoda "space age look".

Ah, i see what you did there. Changed a few meanings of words.

So staid = good looking car, and space age look= odd looking, ugly in some ways, car?

Sorry, looks much worse than the current Octy and Superb, and not a patch on a Jag XF or XE.

What is it that you don't like about it James? If it's the rear, I can't see them staying with that design for production?

Quite a lot i dont like about it.

The rear obviously, as that is just wierd. All the bends and creases in the doors. The long sharp crease running from ened to end just below the door windows. The headlights, and im not too keen on the side creases on the bonnet.

Wow, I'm amazed anyone could hate that car so much.

Likewise...  on one hand people moan that all cars look the same and then when someone does something different some people just prefer to have the boring beige cars again... Designers just can't win. But thankfully some companies have the guts to produce weird and ugly and sometimes they even make big money from it...  e.g. the Nissan Juke. This car will look all the better for being slightly different rather than just being another sized standard Škoda sausage.

• Like 2

What is it that you don't like about it James? If it's the rear, I can't see them staying with that design for production?

There's nothing wrong with her rear, or the rest of her for that matter - in fact it distracted me from the car  :giggle:

Likewise...  on one hand people moan that all cars look the same and then when someone does something different some people just prefer to have the boring beige cars again... Designers just can't win. But thankfully some companies have the guts to produce weird and ugly and sometimes they even make big money from it...  e.g. the Nissan Juke. This car will look all the better for being slightly different rather than just being another sized standard Škoda sausage.

People moan that all cars look the same? Boy, they had better open their eyes. Pretty much all cars look different.

I dont see that Skoda have tried anything different here. They have designed a car, plain and simple. Sometimes a design is liked, sometimes it isnt, in this case this design isnt liked by me. Shimples. I fail to see a problem.

I also havent had a go at something that looks 'different'. As i say, this is just another simple design. 'Different' is something like the Yeti, which looks a wicked car.

The only thing that worries me, is the rumour that this will become the new Skoda look. I have no problem if Skoda want to make a car like this. As long as it isnt a standard look for all of their cars.

• Like 1

Seems as though those pictures may be making the car look worse than it is. Just realised the Octavias bonnet is pretty much the same as these pictures, but these pictures actually make it look a bit much.

The side crease is also on the Octy, but Im wondering if they have made it more pronounced on this concept vehicle.

As for the rear, well the 'vehicles' rear is gross. Disgusting.