odd one... biggest intercoolers people are running?

Hi all. Just picked up an evo intercooler for 20 quid. Bargain :)

But only now have I realised how bloody big it is . Hudge!

Wondering whats the biggest intercoolers people are running and what kinda space have they got (pics without bumper would be great)

Was wondering if anyone runs their cooler with pipework going from one side of intercooler to the other and then back around engine bay somehow (not back into same side )

Kinda hard to explain . But if you have done it you will know wjat I mean lol

thanks for your time

My old man fabed a bracket up for me, you can see the two large torx screws it uses and it also fixes to the bumper support aswell.

does he wanna make me 1 at a cost of course and what cooler is it? cheers

A large cooler and long pipework store pressurised air effectively, it doesn't really create lag, this is a myth. It's better to cool the air effectively than minimise pipework lengths and intercooler size, a high volume can act as a pressure damper but far more important is the pressure drop created by the pipework and intercooler since this is the most restrictive part of the system, poorly designed cheap intercoolers will actually rob you of power due to this pressure drop.

My figuring behind using an evo intercooler. Besides it being a bargain. A standart evo has 270ish (?? ) bhp so ive figured this will do for me as a cheap alternative

Here is a good explanation of the different function of diesel and petrol intercoolers:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=112608