VCDS Options

VAGCOM address 09 central electrics , long coding, long coding helper, turn signal as running light and type in a value between 0-100 this is for the brightness. I have mine at 20% and is a good brightness. Need to get a night shot really.

pip_vrs, can you tell me if this also works on a O2 FL?

VAGCOM address 09 central electrics , long coding, long coding helper, turn signal as running light and type in a value between 0-100 this is for the brightness. I have mine at 20% and is a good brightness. Need to get a night shot really.C6207C4D-F630-4294-9A97-37E3F1917598_zps

Hi mate, don't suppose u have any screen shots of this do you?

No sorry. My cars broke so cant even connect to get one.

I thought that might be the case, I follow you on Instagram (just__kirk) once you get it back on the road would you be able to get a screen shot for me?

I thought that might be the case, I follow you on Instagram (just__kirk) once you get it back on the road would you be able to get a screen shot for me?

Your car won't necessarily have exactly the same version controller as pip's and therefore the option in VCDS may not be exactly the same, so you would better off just hooking VCDS up and going through the long coding options and seeing what is there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bit off topic but this any good on eBay item number ***************?

Was looking at Ross tec one but stumbled across this and feed back pretty good.

Any new cable on eBay which claims to work with the full version of VCDS is a cheap knock off with hacked software.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

First time poster so apologies if I have missed something regarding my post.

I have an Octavia VRS Blackline and due to the bluetooth being disabled on my amundsen+ headunit I called my local Skoda dealer and asked them to enable it and fit the required microphone.

Should this have been enabled from new and if so can I get it sorted on my manufacturers warranty do you think?

Happy to post any extra info if required, thanks for reading!

Paul

You buy the lead from the distributor, and download the software free from the Ross Tech website. The lead acts as a dongle and unlocks the software.

CH/LH are coming home and leaving home lights -- headlights (or fogs on some models with factory xenons) coming on when you unlock the car, and staying on for a set period of time when leaving the car. Many love this feature, personally I don't and have it switched off -- the last thing I want on a cold winter's morning is a heavy drain on the battery for 30 or more seconds before I attempt to start the car.

Mike

Thanks! I love the CH feature, but I agree - LH makes little sense.  Can one be on without the other?

Yes, they are totally separate functions, but read the earlier comments in this thread about limited function if your car doesn't have the rain/light sensor on the screen.

Mike

On my MKII FL Octavia Vrs CH/LH lights could not be activated ( No sensor or auto lights ) but they could on the pre face lift MKII Vrs but you had to leave your light in the " ON " Position for it to work.

Locking the car in broad day light and your headlights remained on, same when you unlocked the car during the day.  I have them on my MKIII but it has auto lights and rain sensor

• 10 months later...

OK here goes.

Teardrop wiping front : open 09 Central Electronics, on opening page above current coding select drop down menu Wischer. Byte 1 bit 3 select to activate, deselect to disable

Teardrop wiping rear : open 09 Central Electronics, Open long coding helper, Byte 3 Bit 5

Alarm chirps: Open 46 Central Convenience. Alarm chirps are all on byte 6 and byte 7. Select to activate (select all of them)

Twin rear fogs: 09 Central Electronics: Byte 3 Bit 1 - Untick to select 2 rear fogs. Then go into Byte 4, and select bit 4 to activate 2 rear fogs

Needle staging : sorry, this option only available in the facelift models from 2009 onwards, it can't be done on the pre-FL.

Other options you might like are the anti-hijack (auto lock above 10mph, and unlock when ignition key taken out - Central Convenience 46, select byte 0 bits 3 and 4 to activate.

Scandinavian day running lights (dipped headlights and rears on with ignition) Central electronics 09, byte 0 bit 4

Other option is North American running lights (dipped heads only, and no rears, on whenever engine running and handbrake off) byte 0 bit 5

if you have headlight wash, increase the time span between operating washers and headlight wash firing - Central electronics 09, byte 5 bit 0-7. Change number available to 15 (default is 4, and is really wasteful on washer fluid. Changing it means you need to hold washers on longer before headlight wash works, so only working when you want it to)

On a 57 plate you may have cornering front fog lights available -- central electronics 09 byte 23 bit 2 Internal Turn Light Algorithm active - select, then byte 23 bits 3-4 set to Turn lights via fog lights

Emergency brake light flash (either flashing brake lights or automatic hazard lights under emergency braking) Central Electronics 09, byte 17 bit 1 (for brake lights), or bit 2 (for hazards) or both

There you go, that should keep you going for a while!

Main thing -- write down or copy the original code before changing anything. If something does go wrong, you can paste that code back into the controller to get back to where you started. Without copying that code, you could be stuffed.

Good luck!

Mike

Brilliant tips Mike! Just got vcds to code a new gateway for a retro Columbus and using some of your other useful guides all went well. However I tried some of these and got twin fogs and longer time between headlight washes but can only get rear teardrop wipe? Front won't do it despite all boxes ticked etc as per your guide. Any ideas? Cheers.

• Like 1