Do you have a plan B?

These cancellations can only help the BW for us prepared to stick it out.

I do have some sympathy with Skoda, I work in manufacturing and demand can be so hard to predict and plan for. The lead times on regular Octavia's seem to be firm at 12 weeks. The unprecedented demand for the vRS is the trouble, wouldn't surprise me if it is just one or two suppliers of vRS specific parts causing the issue.

Well I pick my C250 up tomorrow.

It's not the wait that's the issue, I get supply and demand, I get it can be unpredictable and difficult to manage but....

All I want is a firm date given to me when I will get my car and a commitment of a comparable loaner if there's some unavoidable delay. The duration of the wait is largely irrelevant.

I don't think that's too much to ask when spending the thick end of 25k.....

Edited by tuonopepper
  • Like 3

These cancellations can only help the BW for us prepared to stick it out.

I do have some sympathy with Skoda, I work in manufacturing and demand can be so hard to predict and plan for. The lead times on regular Octavia's seem to be firm at 12 weeks. The unprecedented demand for the vRS is the trouble, wouldn't surprise me if it is just one or two suppliers of vRS specific parts causing the issue.

Unfortunately most dealers are not cancelling the orders. They are keeping them going as they know the car will sell.

Thats what my one told me when I cancelled. ?

Willing, and some loyal customers, are now being forced to choose an alternative purchase because of the manufacturing delays. This has two impacts; the customer will not be shopping for a new car for the next 3 to five years; and the customer may stay with their alternative brand (Mazda, M-Benz, Volvo, Jaguar, etc.) next time they change, never to return to Skoda. The price of success I guess, good work if you can get it! The uncertainty associated with ordering a new Skoda is intolerable in my opinion. Mazda, M-Benz, Volvo, Jaguar, etc. are just lovin it!

• Like 4

And the other Marques know about it to, when I went into my local MB dealer on spec they asked what had brought me to them. I started my sentence with 'Well, I have an Octavia VS on order......' and he competed the sentence for me with 'but you have no idea when it's getting built and need an alternative option? You're not the first we've seen with this story.......'

Shame really as the only other 2 new cars I've had have been VRS Octavias with a great ownership experience.

• Like 1

It is a shame, The current car was our first Skoda, bought as a toe in the water to see how we got on with it.

Having had nothing but praise for it and the dealers, I had no hesitation in going back when we decided to change. But the level of uncertainty and inability of SUK to even offer a basic level of response has somewhat tarnished my views.

Not on the car, just on customer service and information (or lack of) I feel that is just as important when buying a new car.

• Like 1

This has two impacts; the customer will not be shopping for a new car for the next 3 to five years; and the customer may stay with their alternative brand (Mazda, M-Benz, Volvo, Jaguar, etc.) next time they change, never to return to Skoda. 

Excellent point well made. I'm on my 5th Octavia now over a 14 year period. Every 3 years I do what I always do, read the magazines (well, I used to, but now there's more up to date info on the web), go to forums, test drives etc. And always, I end up coming back to Skoda as the alternatives aren't strong enough to pull me away from a brand I feel I have a relationship with.

But if I was enforced to go to brand X and in three years time I feel I've been well looked after?

• Like 1

I've decided to stick with it for now. SUK have a case raised for me and are keeping me informed, although that information is currently 'we have no idea when your car will be built'. The dealer supplying new VRS has paid for my MOT on my current VRS and are being great. Even offered me their demo for a weekend if I needed a Mk3 'fix'.

Looked at other options. Mercedes C220 Auto Estate Premium Plus got closest to monthly PCP but still £35 more plus servicing (£20/month) and higher road tax and less economical (from owner's point of view - friend at work). And the rear legroom/boot space is just terrible even compared to current VRS let alone new! XF and Mazda6 too big on outside for no greater space inside. The VRS is a great package and with the deal I have (£300/month with my current VRS as deposit) its proving impossible to beat. The only real alternative is a new Superb - and then it would need to be a stock car, not ordered.

So I'm going to continue running my current VRS until the new one eventually turns up - 64-plate anyone!

I also was told if I cancel they will just keep my order and sell it. They didn't even take a deposit from me as they knew it would sell if I pulled out the deal.

Those of you that have gone elsewhere - I can totally understand the frustration, and Skoda need to get a grip on it.

What strikes me as being a bit odd is that if the reason being given is parts shortage, why is not affecting other VAG brands the same? What's so unique to the Octavia? Leon's seem to be on a 12 to 14 week lead time, VW's 16 to 20 weeks and A3's being a bit longer than that. But in all cases they seem to be able to quote a build week that has a good footing in reality.

I've decided to stick with it for now. SUK have a case raised for me and are keeping me informed, although that information is currently 'we have no idea when your car will be built'. The dealer supplying new VRS has paid for my MOT on my current VRS and are being great. Even offered me their demo for a weekend if I needed a Mk3 'fix'.

Looked at other options. Mercedes C220 Auto Estate Premium Plus got closest to monthly PCP but still £35 more plus servicing (£20/month) and higher road tax and less economical (from owner's point of view - friend at work). And the rear legroom/boot space is just terrible even compared to current VRS let alone new! XF and Mazda6 too big on outside for no greater space inside. The VRS is a great package and with the deal I have (£300/month with my current VRS as deposit) its proving impossible to beat. The only real alternative is a new Superb - and then it would need to be a stock car, not ordered.

So I'm going to continue running my current VRS until the new one eventually turns up - 64-plate anyone!

I also was told if I cancel they will just keep my order and sell it. They didn't even take a deposit from me as they knew it would sell if I pulled out the deal?

Those of you that have gone elsewhere - I can totally understand the frustration, and Skoda need to get a grip on it.

Your lucky not putting deposits down they have had £1500 of my cash for over 3 months.

Personally, the whole VRS delays issue doesn't bother me that much. I would have been very happy with VRS, but equally ok with choosing something else. However, this post and Chiefbadger in particular, has given me an issue :(

I was all set to order an eclass AMG Sport estate and then Chiefbadger posted about the Audi A6 avant special offers and now I'm in a dilemma. A6 with some extras works out just over £31K, ~£9K off, eclass with some extras just over £34K, ~£6K off. So with same percentage deposit they are within a couple of £'s of each other due to different GFV's & APR's. Erring towards A6 with a late June/early July delivery for factory order. Decisions decisions :)

Cheers

Steve

I guess those of us jumping ship are just lucky there are some great deals on alternatives.

Bizarrely I'd have the A6 over the Entire class but a C class over an A4, go figure :-)

Personally, the whole VRS delays issue doesn't bother me that much. I would have been very happy with VRS, but equally ok with choosing something else. However, this post and Chiefbadger in particular, has given me an issue :(

I was all set to order an eclass AMG Sport estate and then Chiefbadger posted about the Audi A6 avant special offers and now I'm in a dilemma. A6 with some extras works out just over £31K, ~£9K off, eclass with some extras just over £34K, ~£6K off. So with same percentage deposit they are within a couple of £'s of each other due to different GFV's & APR's. Erring towards A6 with a late June/early July delivery for factory order. Decisions decisions :)

Cheers

Steve

Sorry Steve! That was what swung the a6 for me. Just couldn't believe the deal available. It's a slightly bigger car than I wanted, but better this than the other way around with two small boys.

The clincher was a very clear delivery date from day one that hasn't moved an inch. Car being built next week having ordered beginning of Feb.

I had exactly the same thing with Merc and BMW - just nowhere near as much car for the money on the 5 series and E class.

I'm with Tuonopepper on the c/a4 v e/a6 though!

Gotta admit the A6 Avant is a really tempting offer at the moment, being looking at one myself S Line with the 190ps 2.0 TDI. Add a few options and its a corker of a car and actually cheaper than the A3 I originally was speccing up, although about 6k more than the Octavia I am also considering...

The lack of front assist and ACC on the Octavia does kind of err me more towards the A6 as it will be great for motorway cruising and commuting.

Have had the sales manager call me today to say I will be getting my deposit back. Cant really fault dealer to be fair.

Have also ordered a metallic Passat estate Alltrack 177 dsg with the usual standard toys such as satnav, parking sensors etc + leather and electric boot lid and anthracite alloys. Had a choice of about 5 out there already built and on ships already and got about 6k off list by price matching dealers against each other.

All in all pretty happy.

Well just collected my Plan B, hopefully the pics will upload, I plan to add rear tints as in my view that will finish it off.

As I said in the Dec orders thread you'll always find plusses and minuses in comparing cars but all said and done this does feel a special place to be and, all in, I'm very happy with the outcome of this debacle!

I hope those of you searching find a suitable Plan b and that those of you hanging in there benefit from those of us that bailed.

post-58968-0-52388300-1394214867_thumb.jpg

post-58968-0-94004400-1394214903_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Had a look at an A6 Avant today in S-line spec.

Must admit its a good looking car inside and out, however even with the carwow offers with the spec i want, its a bit over my budget i think sadly.

I've instead emailed my dealer, to see if there is any chance of seeing if there are any similar spec'd vrs orders that are cancelled but a confirmed build week, or already built.

Not sure if this is something they can do.

They can do it, that's what I asked of my dealer. Unlikely to be any and he didn't find any (I asked specifically for petrol hatch) but there might be some others out there.

Maybe we need a cancelled orders thread so people can see what's been cancelled and at which dealers.

If, as has been mentioned, dealers aren't cancelling but are taking a punt and keeping the orders coming anyway it might be worth people phoning around.

post-111224-0-12158300-1394366615_thumb.jpg

Cancelled my December order on Friday after dealer was up front and suggested a July/Aug delivery at the earliest for my black vrs estate with all the toys. Frustrated and disappointed but hopefully finding this AMG Sport Plus ex demo with extras will soften the blow... ;-)

Good luck peeps. Hope it works out for you all! I may come back when the MkIV queue has died down!!!

Cheers,

Dave.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cancelled my December order on Friday after dealer was up front and suggested a July/Aug delivery at the earliest for my black vrs estate with all the toys. Frustrated and disappointed but hopefully finding this AMG Sport Plus ex demo with extras will soften the blow... ;-)

Good luck peeps. Hope it works out for you all! I may come back when the MkIV queue has died down!!!

Cheers,

Dave.

I like that very much, so much in fact, that I'm beginning to think that the long manufacturing lead times are now quite beneficial in that people are getting frustrated and gaining fantastic deals on some really desirable alternative vehicles, a class above the O3, albeit slightly more expensive.