Do you have a plan B?

Having had a CC I can also confirm what a great car it is. Mine was just before the facelift version (so no Xenon and DAB), but in the GT trim - so it had all the trimmings including a great Sat Nav. Considered it this time round, but as a rep I have the car for a number of years and couldn't face being in the same car agai despite how good it was. Very good car for the money.

CC was our choice initially as we both really like the sleekness of it.

However, two factors, first being we had a baby on the way so bootspace was becoming a consideration and the second being the development stage of the CC (184 engine not available then) made us go for the VRS estate. Having said that, the CC still beats the Octavia hands down on looks.

Enjoy your plan B.

Oddly, we have a baby on the way too. I find the boot to be cavernous, especially compared to my golf ..........it's the sloping rear doors that could be a problem,lol! But SWMBO pointed out that you put the kids in or out for 2-5 mins a day and the rest of the the time I'm either driving it or looking at it and to me both situations are win.

Mine is a 2013 model and has the Bluemotion 170bhp, it's not the 184 but if I need more power Revo are able to map it up to 205bhp!

Plus I managed 66mpg on A roads yesterday and I've not seen anyone claim that in their vRS. The CC has a bigger fuel tank, so when I filled up yesterday evening I had a range of 725 miles.......I can live with that!

Having had a CC I can also confirm what a great car it is. Mine was just before the facelift version (so no Xenon and DAB), but in the GT trim - so it had all the trimmings including a great Sat Nav. Considered it this time round, but as a rep I have the car for a number of years and couldn't face being in the same car agai despite how good it was. Very good car for the money.

Yes, this is my second. I had an 09 GT for 3 years, then a Seat Leon, then my Golf but the CC is much more me!

But SWMBO pointed out that you put the kids in or out for 2-5 mins a day and the rest of the the time I'm either driving it or looking at it and to me both situations are win.

You might want to get a second opinion on that. 

Collecting my plan B on Monday bang on schedule. It's going to be a long weekend!! Intrigued to know where I would be right now had I stuck with the vrs order 30/12/13 as seems like there is still no real consistency. Will get some pics up asap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chiefbadger

It's official, I pick up the new beast at 9.30am tomorrow!

Hang on in there guys, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Will post a picture or two once I have it on the drive to help you through the darker days.

I have no idea why I have my car now and others are still waiting for a build week, but I know I am disappointed with the lack of consistency with a make that could quite easily by awesome if a few niggles were ironed out.

Having said that, the car is awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

mymabu8e.jpg

So I collected plan B this afternoon. What a miserable day to pick up a car, but chuffed to bits with it!!!

Only a motorway in rush hour home to test it, bit first impressions are that the dsg box is super slick and seems to work very well with the engine. Feels pretty torquey, but doesn't seem to have the 'go' that the diesel vrs I test drove had. Although I was being gentle given it had 5 miles on the clock;)

Very solid feel, but less rigid and harsh than I was expecting which is nice. The wheels look enormous though!

Will get some proper pics and thoughts up soon . . .

Great colour..enjoy

once the engine runs in a bit you may find it feels more torque.

Gutted to be at work today now the sun is out! Grabbed one more pic on the way out the morning but will try and get some detailed ones up at the weekend.

bemama3e.jpg

mymabu8e.jpg

So I collected plan B this afternoon. What a miserable day to pick up a car, but chuffed to bits with it!!!

Only a motorway in rush hour home to test it, bit first impressions are that the dsg box is super slick and seems to work very well with the engine. Feels pretty torquey, but doesn't seem to have the 'go' that the diesel vrs I test drove had. Although I was being gentle given it had 5 miles on the clock;)

Very solid feel, but less rigid and harsh than I was expecting which is nice. The wheels look enormous though!

Will get some proper pics and thoughts up soon . . .

Very nice car, but surely in a very different price bracket than an Octavia?

DC

Nice car, colour suits it.18 or 19 inch wheels?

Thank you, it works really well with the wheels I think.

They are 20's :)

• Like 1

Gutted to be at work today now the sun is out! Grabbed one more pic on the way out the morning but will try and get some detailed ones up at the weekend.

bemama3e.jpg

Very nice.

I decided to change my order from a standard SLine running on 18's to a black edition after I took a black edition out at the weekend.

Was very worried about running on the 20's but Audi have done a superb job with the suspension.

Yes you know you're not driving on a cloud but in my opinion it's not harsh or slammy either.

Edited by Zzap

Very nice car, but surely in a very different price bracket than an Octavia?

DC

Even with a smaller up front than I was going to pay for the vrs, the a6 comes in at £40 a month more (and that's mainly due to the options I specced). Got a VERY good deal through a broker and in all honesty think I had a pretty crappy deal on the vrs (other than the 0% and servicing etc).

I'm over the moon as just like you, had assumed that it would have been way beyond budget. It was only due to the lack of info from skoda about delivery dates that I found the deal though, so very grateful for the duff service in a weird twist of fate!!

• Like 1

Very nice.

I decided to change my order from a standard SLine running on 18's to a black edition after I took a black edition out at the weekend.

Was very worried about running on the 20's but Audi have done a superb job with the suspension.

Yes you know you're not driving on a cloud but in my opinion it's not harsh or slammy either.

I was really impressed from the first drive. As you say, you can feel the road, but it feels very well damped and I was also impressed by the lack of tyre noise (although it was wet, so need to see what it's like in the dry).

Weirdly the 20's on the a6 still look like they don't quite full the arches in my view. It's only up close that they look so massive but I guess that might be to do with the size of the car!

• Like 1

Great car ..just about fits in those parking bays tho..lol

Ultra obviously means Ultra careful with the wheels and kerbs..

I would have gone for 1 my self but the wife would have moaned to much ...enjoy.

Even with a smaller up front than I was going to pay for the vrs, the a6 comes in at £40 a month more (and that's mainly due to the options I specced). Got a VERY good deal through a broker and in all honesty think I had a pretty crappy deal on the vrs (other than the 0% and servicing etc).

I'm over the moon as just like you, had assumed that it would have been way beyond budget. It was only due to the lack of info from skoda about delivery dates that I found the deal though, so very grateful for the duff service in a weird twist of fate!!

Thanks.

I was comparing list prices, & I'd forgotten that finance / PCP deals are more about residuals than cash on the nail!

An A6 might be too big for me, the Superb is a tight fit in my garage, so I'll have to do a little research re. dimensions.

Enjoy your new car, DC. 

Thanks.

I was comparing list prices, & I'd forgotten that finance / PCP deals are more about residuals than cash on the nail!

An A6 might be too big for me, the Superb is a tight fit in my garage, so I'll have to do a little research re. dimensions.

Enjoy your new car, DC.

That was exactly the reason I never considered it initially. I was also looking at a petrol vrs, so think this made a big difference on the residuals too.

Never really wanted - or needed a diesel, but other than the vrs, nothing else with the space I need has a petrol engine within budget.

Not complaining at rfl of £30 a year either!!

Only done 100 miles since I collected it on Monday, but really impressed all round. The ride is remarkably good for 20" wheels with 35 profile tires too. Feels very well damped.

Engine feels strong and pretty willing given the lack of mileage. Wouldn't call it pokey, but it's smooth and responsive and the gearbox feels very well matched. It will change up pretty quickly if you leave it in drive but the sports mode feels more like a standard set up.

I'm really pleased with it and as a family wagon it's absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

20140411_124631_zpsfacb9655.jpg20140411_124656_zps21642e46.jpg20140411_124716_zps06c0ba6c.jpg

My second Plan B arrived. I was looking at 2 Skodas at 1 point but sadly lack of info etc..we all know the story..any way love the GTI and the interior is a big step up on previous Golfs. Also love the adaptive cruise control. Takes some getting use to but is very good.

Those who got it on the early vRS are lucky.

Spec.

GTI PP, dsg, DCC, Park assist, Sat nav, 19" Santiagos, climate windscreen, etc.