Vrs delivery locations

Mine will be a black hatchback with black grill etc. Also anthracite wheels and sunroof - manual not automatic.

I ordered back in October via lease company, so I have no idea where it will be shipped to before I get it.

Fingers crossed I won't have too much longer to wait...

Mine will be a black hatchback with black grill etc. Also anthracite wheels and sunroof - manual not automatic.

I ordered back in October via lease company, so I have no idea where it will be shipped to before I get it.

Fingers crossed I won't have too much longer to wait...

Mine finally arrived last month, so that was a wait from October to March.

Every thing is exactly as I ordered.

A couple of minor design gripes though with the new model overall...

When the whole car looks so noce and streamlined, why did they decide to add the large protruding door handles? I think they are most unattractive

There also seems to be no consistency as to whether the car is aiming at a rounder or a squarer finish than the last incarnation.

Just take a look at the shape of the front apron, and the rear spoiler compared to the last model and you'll see what I mean.

I also don't like the repositioning of the hand brake but I guess I will just get used to that.

Mine finally arrived last month, so that was a wait from October to March.

Every thing is exactly as I ordered.

A couple of minor design gripes though with the new model overall...

When the whole car looks so noce and streamlined, why did they decide to add the large protruding door handles? I think they are most unattractive

There also seems to be no consistency as to whether the car is aiming at a rounder or a squarer finish than the last incarnation.

Just take a look at the shape of the front apron, and the rear spoiler compared to the last model and you'll see what I mean.

I also don't like the repositioning of the hand brake but I guess I will just get used to that.

to be honest, I actually know what you mean, especially about the square or rounder edges to the car... I feel it has a smaller stance though and the big change is how the car drives and handles! I suppose most cars have their floors, I've just bought a S3 and it hasn't got cruise control... On the top of the line car, you'd expect it. So I'm disappointed at that! But it's something I'll get over with the pleasure of the drive.

Apparently my VRS has landed in the docks in the UK... White Estate Manual with black pack & cruise. Wont stand out from the crowd i dont think!

Whats the usual ETA on getting to a dealer once its landed in the UK? itching to get my bloody car!!

Apparently my VRS has landed in the docks in the UK... White Estate Manual with black pack & cruise. Wont stand out from the crowd i dont think!

Whats the usual ETA on getting to a dealer once its landed in the UK? itching to get my bloody car!!

I haven't got. Clue! Could be a couple of days or a week. The port staff are working really slow at the min and it's really getting my back up. As I'm sat 2hrs a day waitin for cars. I did see a white hatch vrs,,, where is yours going I'll be back in the docks in the Mornin. I'll have a look then.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure of the exact dealer although its someone in Southampton. (ive ordered through a lease company so not had to deal with any dealers myself so far!). Thanks Ben!

I'm not sure of the exact dealer although its someone in Southampton. (ive ordered through a lease company so not had to deal with any dealers myself so far!). Thanks Ben!

If it is destined for a dealer in Southampton then I would have thought it was more likely to arrive via Sheerness rather than Grimsby ?

Mine was delivered yesterday to Sheerness portside on the vehicle carrier Thames Highway. My dealer is located in West Kent.

Edited by Minimoke

If it is destined for a dealer in Southampton then I would have thought it was more likely to arrive via Sheerness rather than Grimsby ?

Mine was delivered yesterday to Sheerness portside on the vehicle carrier Thames Highway. My dealer is located in West Kent.

yes this is true, but when I used to deliver mercedes commercial, I used to pick vehicle up from purfleet and deliver to Aberdeen or Carlisle! You'd think it would be easier to go to Killingholme, but it all depends on how busy the port is and what the company predictions are with workload etc. as always, if I see any! I'll let you know.

www.trackmyskoda.co.uk says my car is "Shipped Heading to UK Port" ... how do I find out what ship its on? and how long does it usually take to arrive at the dealers once it lands in the UK?

Getting excited now! :D

The Track my Skoda site is only available with a certain dealer network, so I assume you ordered it through them. If that doesnt tell you, then,The marine traffic.com site is a good place to start. But its only guess work.I knew that the "City" brand went to the Tyne. So looked at Emden docks to see what was there, and where they were going. Found City of Rotterdam was, so tracked that. But then City of Sunderland Appeared at the Tyne entrance, that one came via another port. So its guess work unless the dealer knows....

Hi Benh22. I think not... Once I get my hands my own personal Vrs I will go back to my day job, after a few pics of course.

And return in 3 yrs when I order another, or maybe 21/2 yrs to allow for build time.

Good day Benh22, a wee question if you're still monitoring this thread. Could I assume that Grimsby would be the landing port for my vRS as it was purchased from Rainworth Skoda, Mansfield?

The Track my Skoda site is only available with a certain dealer network, so I assume you ordered it through them. If that doesnt tell you, then,The marine traffic.com site is a good place to start. But its only guess work.I knew that the "City" brand went to the Tyne. So looked at Emden docks to see what was there, and where they were going. Found City of Rotterdam was, so tracked that. But then City of Sunderland Appeared at the Tyne entrance, that one came via another port. So its guess work unless the dealer knows....

Yes I ordered from Sheffield, Bickerton Skoda so I can use that site. Don't think it is kept up to date though as otherwise my car has been on a ship from Germany to UK for a couple of days now! Can only assume it must now be in the UK...

So how long do they tend to sit in the UK docks before being delivered? Trying to figure out when it will land as I am trying to keep my detailer in the loop so he can schedule it in.

it's all assumptions but, assuming my car arrived on one of the 2 ships that docked on the 25/26th at the Tyne. I was told by my dealer that it was logged as at the port on Monday 28th. The transport was ordered on 29th. told me they should get it either today or Monday 5th. Then there's all the paper work, registration etc to go through.

I guess my work here is done!

No its not! ;-) I'm expecting turn by turn commentary of my delivery from Grimsby Docks to DM Keith in Hull from your good self sometime in June!

How's the S3 Ben? My cousin is considering one for his next company car

I think I will now move on from this section, and leave it all to the original author, BEN who does and excellent job of updates for all those below Teesside..... There you are Ben you will have to keep going now. As hopefully, my next comments should be GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!   Although I will be sad to see my 1.8 tsi go, as no one notices me coming in this until I've  passed, its Rosso red, so blends in, which cant be said of Rallye Green.

Bye Vrs delivery locations.

I think I will now move on from this section, and leave it all to the original author, BEN who does and excellent job of updates for all those below Teesside..... There you are Ben you will have to keep going now. As hopefully, my next comments should be GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!! Although I will be sad to see my 1.8 tsi go, as no one notices me coming in this until I've passed, its Rosso red, so blends in, which cant be said of Rallye Green.

Bye Vrs delivery locations.

thank you! Haha.

Hi Ben, one from me, just wondered if you had seen a White VRS estate going to Huddersfield. It was built start of last week so presume it might have been in transit possibly at dockside by now?

No worries if not, my wait of 6 months is hopefully nearly over! What can a couple more weeks mean

I haven't seen one yet, but know I know what you're waiting for I shall look. As that's a place we deliver too. All the drivers aren't in work until Tuesday now. So I'll have a look when I get back then. Think the dock lads are working so it should be busy when we get back.

I haven't seen one yet, but know I know what you're waiting for I shall look. As that's a place we deliver too. All the drivers aren't in work until Tuesday now. So I'll have a look when I get back then. Think the dock lads are working so it should be busy when we get back.

Cheers Ben, it's been a long wait as most of us have endured. Ts nice to know your car is built but even better once it's been seen in the flesh as you never know until that point!! Hope Tuesday brings some welcome news