Need some help

Yetik3r

Hi. I've owned a Yeti for 7 months now and absolutely love it! It's my first ever Skoda as well. Just last month however I started to notice a noisy 'clunking' sound coming from the front passenger wheel. I booked it in to my local dealer. Initially they thought it was a drop link that needed replacing, but when they removed the wheel and stripped down the brakes they realised that wasn't the case. The service department said it was a fault in the brakes which was common in Yetis but wasn't something that skoda we're doing anything about. The service department cleaned and greased the brakes and the noise seemed to go for a few weeks but has come back again. It's only noticeable over rougher/bumpy surfaces. Has anyone experienced the same thing or know of a solution. Cheers.

I really hope this isn't you know who again.

Probably as there appears to be a lot of daft questions being asked on this forum at the moment that just do not add up or seem legitimate. . My feeling is, if the OP does not respond straight away to the first answer lets stop feeding their ego's with our comments

• Like 2

Probably as there appears to be a lot of daft questions being asked on this forum at the moment that just do not add up or seem legitimate. . My feeling is, if the OP does not respond straight away to the first answer lets stop feeding their ego's with our comments

Agree!

• Like 1

As I'm new to the forum it would appear that I haven't met certain people's standards as to the nature of my question. I've no idea who 'you know who is' and was unaware that my post appeared not 'legitimate' which makes no sense whatsoever. So unless you have something constructive to say in response please dont respond at all.

• Like 1

Please accept my apologies and thank you for responding, but we have been getting various posts from a certain OP who goes out of his way to create a lot of time wasting. I hope someone comes along to help you with your problems. I have never experienced this but if some one has then I am sure you will get help

• Like 1

As I'm new to the forum it would appear that I haven't met certain people's standards as to the nature of my question. I've no idea who 'you know who is' and was unaware that my post appeared not 'legitimate' which makes no sense whatsoever. So unless you have something constructive to say in response please dont respond at all

I have to say I was baffled by the responses, seemed to me a genuine person needing help and advice...if we all jump on the newbies (myself also a newbie) with these accusastions how is the club going to grow if certain people turn the off.  Whilst I cannot provide much support or advice yet until I pick up my Yeti it does kinda put me off asking advice in the future.

• Like 2

If you need an answer, then you need to ask a question  :thumbup:

Graham's answer 'Pad Knock' is what I would have suggested as I have a slight knock on mine, this can be associated with any make of car, as this is the brake component manufacturers contribution not the fault of car brand assemblers! 

• Like 1

Yetik3r/yetiowner. Welcome!!

Please don't get the idea that this forum is unfriendly -we have recently suffered from an infestation of spamming/trolling -by someone creating new user identities and posting imaginary problems or posts denigrating the brand or model. No one knows why but the best theory is that he/she gets satisfaction by provoking members here and the repeated effect has made some regulars very suspicious I hope you both find the forum helpful and useful as I always have.

• Like 1

Take a look at this link http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285056-yeti-noises/?hl=%2Bfront+%2Bend+%2Bknock#entry3428121 maybe something similar to yours. I could not find any other similar posts, but you may find it interesting reading....Best of luck

• Like 1