New Project

Georgevrs

Hi,

I'm new to this site i only brought my Fabia a few weeks ago.

i don't know much about the car yet, but i do know what i want to do with it.

Tell us your plans, help will be forthcoming :)

Well its running at about 170bhp - 180bhp with a carbon kevala clutch and a solid flywheel, stage 1 remap, tinie bit bigger turbo, small front mount inter cooler and brembo brakes.

what im looking to do to it is:

• taking it to darkside developments to get as much power out of it as possible.
  • keeping the short gear, gearbox.
  • WRC body kit.
  • respray the car matt black and purple.
  • and hopefully an audi s3 quattro Awd system.
  • thinking about nos?
  • Like 1

If your going to use the s3 4wd system and go to all that trouble why not use the 1.8t engine too? For the money you will spend tuning the engine you've got in to decent power you'll get alot more out of that and it will sound like a proper rally car to go with the looks and 4 wheel drifts :)

• Like 1

If your going to use the s3 4wd system and go to all that trouble why not use the 1.8t engine too? For the money you will spend tuning the engine you've got in to decent power you'll get alot more out of that and it will sound like a proper rally car to go with the looks and 4 wheel drifts :)

Can you change a diesel to a petrol with an engine change?

You can do anything with enough time/money. Pretty sure it's recommended to start with a petrol base if going petrol. The experts will know more definitely though.

Have you got experience of doing a big conversion like making a Fabia AWD?

As it could require a complete floor pan change, the tunnel/rear floor might not be big enough to get a propshaft/diff in.

Well its running at about 170bhp - 180bhp with a carbon kevala clutch and a solid flywheel, stage 1 remap, tinie bit bigger turbo, small front mount inter cooler and brembo brakes.

what im looking to do to it is:

• taking it to darkside developments to get as much power out of it as possible.
  • keeping the short gear, gearbox.
  • WRC body kit.
  • respray the car matt black and purple.
  • and hopefully an audi s3 quattro Awd system.
  • thinking about nos

Look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Maybe worth starting a project thread here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/205-fabia-project-journals/

There is one WRC bodied Fabia in the UK so far, done by lenel88 on this forum, thread here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/270683-wrc-body-kit-project/

This is the EVO2 kit.  Worth looking at as he's done the work himself and there is a lot of info.

I'm also in the process of doing a WRC Fabia, an EVO1.

The kit is currently on the way from the Czech Republic.

Look forward to seeing how this goes because your plans will make it a nice bit of kit for using and showing. :)

Always nice to have the odd unusual car on track with us too.

The main problem would be the fuel tank when going diesel to petrol normally but with you going 4wd I'd of thought you won't be able to keep the standard fuel tank anyway so you'll probably end up with a alloy one which wouldn't make it that much trouble to go petrol. You're going to have to fabricate so much stuff for the 4wd a few engine mounts shouldn't be a problem to mount a petrol engine. I'd of thought you'll need a custom exhaust whatever you do as you'll have the prop in the way. It should only be the wiring and management that will be the extra work but if your going to the trouble of fabricating the 4wd system as well as fitting the wrc kit it's worth the hassle/expense of doing the wiring loom or sorting a stand alone management.

Have you got experience of doing a big conversion like making a Fabia AWD?

As it could require a complete floor pan change, the tunnel/rear floor might not be big enough to get a propshaft/diff in.

no but i do know people that can and i can always learn lol :D

Yeah its from techni clutch :/ what is the bad point about them?

There clutches and fly wheels are widely regarded as amongst the worst you can buy, standard ones are better!

Going 4wd will need a new gearbox & clutch anyway won't it?

yep :)

As above, might aswell convert to the petrol engine at the same time.

will the gearbox to run awd fit onto the pd engine block?